Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t stop looking at Ling Ling..she is so stinking cute in her new cut. Her feet, unbeknownst to me, move sooo fast!
Poor little one had so much hair, I think it slowed her down.
Here she is this morning. Sorry for the dirty face pix...she couldn’t wait to go out to play.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
No need to apologize! Ling Ling is beee-uuuu-tiful! I'd been on the fence about keeping Zita in a puppy cut or trying a long style. Your pictures pushed me toward trying long! I never had our previous Maltese (Lily) in a long style, but I have more time for grooming now, so I think it will be fun to try! :)

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to apologize! Ling Ling is beee-uuuu-tiful! I'd been on the fence about keeping Zita in a puppy cut or trying a long style. Your pictures pushed me toward trying long! I never had our previous Maltese (Lily) in a long style, but I have more time for grooming now, so I think it will be fun to try! :)
I would let Zita grow out at least once if you never had a malt with long coat before. It’s a totally different look, more elegant, imo.
My Ling has a massive amount of hair and I couldn’t manage it at all, otherwise I loved it long. She is also, or can be my biter, so if I at all pissed her off, I wasn’t able to finish grooming her. Now, with it shorter, it won’t be such a worry, if that doesn’t happen.

Pix is her in full coat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
:tender::smootch: Ling Ling, :wub:
Joanne she is absolutely adorable, I like her new look, I have kept my girls in that cut for a long while
My groomer decided to stop doing the cut, so I have been growing my girls coats long
Maddie has fine hair, she looks better in the Asian cut
Geneva has a heavy beautiful coat it takes me a lot of time for now I will keep her long,

I have always been amazed at how you care for your beautiful girls.
I think Ling Ling looks like a puppy

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Love Ling Lings new "look". Since Chrissy's hair is so thick, I have to keep it short since I am not able to take of her with longer hair.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love Ling Lings new "look". Since Chrissy's hair is so thick, I have to keep it short since I am not able to take of her with longer hair.
Thank you! I will have to remind myself, when she starts growing out of how much work they are, otherwise I could be tempted to let it grow again.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joanne, maybe she bit you because she had tangles. Now she will be so much happier.
One would think, right? I tried to gently pat her yesterday a.m and she went for my hand. As long as she can see my hands and believe me, she watches every move, I’m able to pat her around her face, front paws, chest. If I move anywhere her eyes cant follow, she will bite.
I thought her hair must have been matted , but the groomer confirmed yesterday that she had no mats. She never really did tangle or mat. She did always growl while bathed or groomed, but I could always redirect her. Last week, I could not, and it progressively got worse as the week went on.
She isn’t sick, not in pain and is fine if anyone else touches her on her backside but me.
The groomer who does their nails, watches her growl when I pick her up etc. she thinks she does it because she knows I’m afraid of her. I’m actually petrified of her.
I’ll have to hire a trainer to come. That said, no one or no training is going to take my fear away from her when she gets like this.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Joanne, Is this new behavior with Ling Ling? I know I find Abella is getting a little more "grumpy" in her older age. She watches me like a hawk to see what I'm reaching for when I'm grooming her in the morning :blink:. If I pick up her little pink safety scissors she gets real "squirmy" (I use those to trim her butt or pads, etc.). Funny if I'm reaching for anything else - like her comb, brush, toothbrush, nail clippers, etc. she just lets out a deep sigh of relief and puts her head back down on my lap. :HistericalSmiley:

I love this new cut on Ling Ling- it looks so cute :wub2::heart:. I am not talented enough to tackle this kind of a haircut myself. One thing about long coat its easy to cut....Unless Abella is in one of those "moods" where she is uncooperative and lifts up one leg or stands crooked! :smpullhair:

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joanne, Is this new behavior with Ling Ling? I know I find Abella is getting a little more "grumpy" in her older age. She watches me like a hawk to see what I'm reaching for when I'm grooming her in the morning :blink:. If I pick up her little pink safety scissors she gets real "squirmy" (I use those to trim her butt or pads, etc.). Funny if I'm reaching for anything else - like her comb, brush, toothbrush, nail clippers, etc. she just lets out a deep sigh of relief and puts her head back down on my lap. :HistericalSmiley:

I love this new cut on Ling Ling- it looks so cute :wub2::heart:. I am not talented enough to tackle this kind of a haircut myself. One thing about long coat its easy to cut....Unless Abella is in one of those "moods" where she is uncooperative and lifts up one leg or stands crooked! :smpullhair:
Paulann...I wouldn’t dare tackle this cut on this Fluff. I try to keep our relationship positive and she hates being washed and groomed. I sent her to a groomer, who is poodle show breeder. Her dogs always look amazing, so I knew she understood what I wanted. She’s not the most reliable, but excellent at what she does.
It’s not new behavior. It started when she got spay around 17-18 months old. She got a huge mat on her side, from the jelly they used around her belly during surgery.
That was 3 years ago. It’s been difficult but I’ve been able to manage her, until last week she attacked me out of no where, when I went to brush her.
She’s very jumpy when I attempt to touch her on her backside, though, she loves her bum rubbed.
One would think she’s in pain but my plumber just came in and was rubbing her all over. I was cringing. She was awesome with him. If she was in pain, there would be no way she would have let him rub her back, head, belly etc.
Groomer said the same...she was awesome for her and very sweet.
It’s me...and I don’t know why.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I couldn’t edit my last post to you, Paulann.
Of course she makes me out to be a liar, as soon as I wrote that post.
I just had a major sneezing attack and who runs to my rescue, smothering me in kisses..my sweet Ling Ling. She, who is my biggest fear, won’t leave my side now. She seems so worried about me.
Wish I could figure her out, but for right now...I’m going to enjoy every bit of her loving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts