Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep I adopted this one..Her name is Libby, short for Liberty as she
was born on 9/11, hard to believe it will be 9 years. We have had her
for 3 weeks now. The owner had to rehome her, unable to have her in the condo.
She is adapting well for being an only dog to coming to a house with three.
At first she was heartbroken, just looked at the window and cried, I felt so bad for her. After a couple days she was
fitting in. My biggest concern was with Reginald, she just leaves him alone.
She gets along with Alvin and Chloe, doesn't play with them but she is nine. Maybe one day.
My dh was very good about it :thumbsup:. Even said he was glad we got her because she different. Not sure what he'll
say when she has her dental work done and gets the bill:w00t:. She is
already missing some teeth and I'm pretty sure she'll need more. I'm so
glad she joined our family, couldn't see her go any place else then with us.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Aww, Libby is adorable. Glad she is adapting. What a gift for you both!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Mary - Libby is a doll. :wub::wub: I love those pictures of her hanging out on the couch. She looks like she's so at home and as sweet as can be. Congratulations and thanks for giving a home to that little cutie. Happy she's fitting in and will probably warm up to Reginald. How exciting!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
How wonderful for all of you!
She is a beauty. After her grief, she will probably delight in playing with her new siblings.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Awww... she is so sweet! I'm so happy for the both of you!
I'm sure she'll warm up to Reginald over time!

Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
awww ! congrats ! libby is adorable , love the couch pic with the little frog pose , too cute.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Bless her heart, that must have been hard on her to be rehomed at 9 years old but she found a good home to go too. She's adorable!
Congratulations to you both :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Those middle aged sweeties do get to you. Bitsy was 9 when we got her. The two I took in really wracked up the vet bills when we first got them too...cost as much as a new puppy would have. But I wouldn't trade them for anything. They were supposed to be fosters but they do get you ,right in the ticker....

Sounds like she's been through a lot and sounds like you have plenty of room in your heart to make her happy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts