Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Welcome to SM Barb and Finn. Finn is adorable!

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Glad to have you and Finn join the SM family. Our members have so many amazing and vastly different gifts. Some are wonderful encouragers, some are experts on medical issues, some on grooming, some on training..... Some are background lurkers, some new combers and some old timers. All share in the love of the beautiful maltese breed. I am looking forward to knowing you and Finn better and having you contribute to our family. Finn is adorable. I should add we LOVE photos here on SM. 🐶 🐾🌻

Teachers are great - Both my girls are teachers. 😊

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for making me feel welcome. I am from Indiana. Before I got Finn I lost my almost 16 year old Shih Tzu to bone cancer. The two breeds are both wonderful and have some similarities, but Finn is much more energetic and mischievous than my Shih Tzu was; she was more laid back. It is a learning experience to be constantly watchful. 😆

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Thank you so much for making me feel welcome. I am from Indiana. Before I got Finn I lost my almost 16 year old Shih Tzu to bone cancer. The two breeds are both wonderful and have some similarities, but Finn is much more energetic and mischievous than my Shih Tzu was; she was more laid back. It is a learning experience to be constantly watchful. 😆
Pipper is almost 9 years old and I still have to store toilet paper on top of the toilet tank instead of on the toilet paper holder or else he will rip it too shreds. I think maybe they stay mischievous forever. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Barb, When I was doing my research on dog breeds I narrowed my search down to Shih Tzu and Maltese. I think Shih Tzus are so cute. Ultimately I decided on getting a Maltese and now I don't think I will ever get any other breed. They are the sweetest cutest little fluffs anywhere.

I love reading about the different personalities in members maltese. Abella is almost 8 and has always been very mellow. She likes playing an active game of fetch and she does her daily "zoomies" through the house. But other than that her favorite spot is on my lap or at my feet. UNLESS it is close to feeding time. Then she is patiently waiting by her food dish!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
We've had two Shih tzu and one Maltese--all have been very mellow girls (although the Zooey is waaaaay barkier). I often hear that the boys of all breeds stay puppies longer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Boys are meant to be mischievous and keep their moms on their toes!💕
We’ve all heard the nursery rhyme ‘what are boys made of?’

What are little boys made of?
What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails
That's what little boys are made of

What are little girls made of?
What are little girls made of?