Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought a little Cuisinart chopper. I was going to make spaghetti for dinner (remember John and I are living with my parents) since my Mom does most of the meal planning. I was rinsing the new chopper but when i dried the blade.....POOF - I sliced my left middle finger right at the top joint. Darn it!!!!! I am the biggest baby in the world but the minute I did it, I knew it needed stitches. UGH. I called my husband's office manager and asked her to tell his partner that I was coming in. My husband was at a satellite office kind of far away, so the main office was lots closer. Plus, my husband would have fussed at me. My dad drove me to the main office and Thomas stitched me up and I'm fine. The lidocaine is just wearing off so I'm going to be sore. Don't you just hate it when you do something stupid??? I'm surely thankful that I could get it stitched up without sitting 2 or 3 hours in an ER.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me, minus the stitches. That little appliance is dangerous! It does a great job, but now I put all the parts in the dishwasher instead of hand washing and drying. Hope it heals quickly!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, bless your heart..... Make sure you've had a tetanus shot within the last 10 years. You are so lucky to have someone you know and trust stitch it for you. I hope it heals up soon!!

I am so afraid of all those appliances with blades. They really do have the capacity to maim us!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
OUCH!!! Cuts on fingers are so dang painful.

I was cuting up something a couple of months ago and cut my finger. The dang thing bleed a lot. I thought I was going to have to go get stitches but luckily it stopped bleeding after about 10-15 minutes. Of course I had no peroxide in my apt so I had to borrow some from the neighbor. I kept banging it on things for like a week afterwards.

Hope if heals quickly!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I was hand washing my Cuisinart blade and I sliced my finger through the rubber glove. I ended up with six stitches (it was a full sized blade). Now I never use that machine any more. I hope your finger heals without problem. And I hope it isn't too painful.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
wow glad ur okay...lucky u not to go to the hosptial..thats the worst! hope ur on the mend!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sorry to hear about your finger. You are fortunate not to have to deal with the ER.
Hope it heals quickly and isn't too sore. That must be why I have my husband do all the chopping, etc. as long as I can get away with it.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Ouch!! Hope it heals quickly & Kristi's right seems like when you do something like that,you bump it on everything!Be careful.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Susan, I am so sorry about your accident. Dumb would be putting your hand inside with the blades turning. I bet John has been cut before using surgical instruments. It could happen to anyone and I hope that you recover soon. Julia

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Most accidents happen because of stupidity and not being careful and nobody is immune to that. So don't be to hard on yourself. Think it could have been worse. Take advantage of it and let yourself be pampered from your dear husband. Hope it heals quickly. Fingers are a pain even with little cuts. Each time you touch something you are reminded.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts