Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally getting my puppy on saturday i am so excited i have been waiting almost 6 months till i was moved into my new house so i could get one, i just picked him out today the mom of the litter is soo pretty and really sweet i hope he turns out just like her...i am not worryed about it becuase all the other puppys in the littler were almost totaly white but he has a lot of tan marking like more than i have seen before i think its cute just kinda strange they are so dark, well i went buying some puppy supplies today (doing it in small trips makes me feel like i am spending less money lol) so if anyone had any suggestions on something you think i really need i would love to here it i have only been getting basic stuff lol there isnt really a point in this message i am just excited lol

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
congrats :D

J

·
0 Posts
The most important thing I have so far is the frame for the piddle pads. This way the pad stays put and puppy cannot pull around on the floor. Lots of chew toys and make sure you have all of your grooming supplies. Have everything set up before you bring the little one home. I had all of Lacey's stuff out and ready for her one week before she came home. I was just so excited but told husband I wanted to make sure everything fit okay in the house and we could walk and live around it. Little did he know I was just so excited about bringing Lacey home. Make sure you have food, Nutrical, stainless steel bowls, 2 beds (one for the baby and one for when you need to wash the other, chew toys, toys that make sound, and anything else you want to buy. I have so many toys for Lacey but her favorite toys are a moon (bought for 79 cents) and a empty 2 litter soda bottle. She loves both of these toys and most of the others she just ignores. Just like a human baby...will play with the box that the toy came instead of the toy. Make sure you have plenty of piddle pads, if you are going to use. Don't want to run out in the middle of the night and try to explain to your little one they have to wait until the pet store opens in the morning. LOL.

Good luck and congratulations on your new little one. Make sure you take lots of pictures because time flies when they are puppies. My Lacey turned 6 months old today and I am just amazed by her. Don't know what I would do without her.

Oh by the way make sure you have a harness and leash for her along with a ID tag.

Good Luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
939 Posts
That is so awsome, I am very happy for you!
Be sure to post a picture ASAP... can't wait to see him.
Do you have a name picked out yet?

Judi

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is Nutrical?...I am still working on puppy names hopefuly i will have somethign picked out by the time he comes home i dont want to confuse him by changing his name everyday but if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them i want a kinda asexual name because i want to but bows in his hair and i would prefer to avoid people telling me i cant do that with a boy lol.....i did take some photos of him when i picked him out but i managed to lose the cable to hook the camra up to the computer during the move lol
so i cant get them off the camra but i will just have to take some photos with a normal camra, i really want to get a photo to but by my name on the posts lol

i have been telling all my friends about him all day its so funny when i first told them i wanted a maltese they had no idea what is was and the one that did know what a maltese was kept trying to get me to get a yorkie but i have been talking about maltese so much while i was doing research on them that now that same person who thought a yorkie was a better idea is getting a maltese soon lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yay!! I know how excited you must feel! I pick up my pup this wednesday!! 3 more days! :D I'm getting a boy too! I know what you mean about the small trips... I went to Petco yesterday and really didn't buy much (ear cleaner, Natures Miracle, some toys, 2 bowls, etc) and I spent $80. Spent more @ Target too. :D Its fun though!
They didn't have the frame for the pee pads @ Petco so hopefully they will @ Petsmart.

·
Registered
707 Posts
congrats!!! I agree that the frame for the puppy pads is a must. It has helped me so much. Tons of toys are also very important so he can choose what to chew.

Make sure you don't take him out of the house until he has all his shots especially to all of the pet supply stores. They can catch all kinds of viruses and deseases...trust me I know since I lost my first puppy Piccolina to Parvo a week after I had her.

I give Bella Nutrical twice a day. The vet told me I must do this until she's at least 3-4 pounds.

Oh...very important, pictures, pictures & more pictures!!!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah about the nutrical i dont think i am really going to use it with him because he is going to be kinda big for a maltese (i couldnt afford him unless i got one bigger than standard it was like $2500 less) so he is already 4lbs and eats all the time i think he is going to be right around 10lbs which is big for a maltese but fine for me.

·
Registered
831 Posts
lilly, COngratulation on you baby!

I would love to see pictures :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts