Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all don't really know each other personally(maybe some do but majority ...no) but...

I met my friend who happens to live in New Mexico online, on a forum similar to this but for a different topic. I never ever expected to make such a great friend with a stranger. This was at the beginning of my internet education..so I wasn't sure about trusting people online. Well, we became very good friends, chatting daily and sending each other gifts for birthdays and Christmas. Well, last spring she became very sick and spent about a week in the hospital but recovered nicely and was doing fine. She has immune issues due to a liver problem so her health is always a touchy thing. Well, she is back in the hospital and it's worse this time. I feel so helpless. She lives in New Mexico and I live in Indiana...too far to drive. I feel like hopping on a plane and going to her but alas, I have a family to take care of and her mom doesn't need to take care of a guest either (my friend is a senior in college but quite mature for her age b/c of her having to deal w/ her illness all her life..she grew up fast!). So, I am here to ask you for prayers and if you don't pray...some positive thoughts/vibes to her. She is very weak and is on IV fluids and meds to try to get her strength back. I WILL jump on a plane the moment her mom tells me it doesn't look like she is responding to the medication/treatment. Until then I sit and wait for news. It's torture. I personally believe in the power of prayer...and I hope if you do too, you'll add her to your prayers this evening. It is amazing how people online touch your life....and you communicate via computer but can be so close . We HAVE met in real life, I flew out to NM a few years ago and spent a long weekend with her. We also went to Las Vegas w/ a group and did a weekend thing there as well. She's a great person..very special. Anyway, I'm babbling now...aren't I?
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks about your friend. i really hope she does well.

its so funny too because i was telling nichole the other day that my boyfriend, casey, is part of a wrestling message board and he'll be like "jim met hulk hogan a few years back and...." and i always say something like "you dont know these people. how can you trust them????"

YET....i believe and trust everyone on SM. LOL.

sooo..when you were saying "my friend from another forum has liver disease" i was thinking 'how can you trust these freaks'. -----but you met her. lol.

i really hope she gets better though. i know how scary it is when people are in the hospital. my grandma in the past few years went to the hospital like 5 times. She's 86 yrs old and one of the times she started talking about her dead son saying that he told her that he needed her. i was freaking out. but the next day she got so better and within a week she was able to come back home(she has alzheimers and dimentia).

sorry this is so long. my point: she'll be in my prayers.
and i honestly feel as though everyone (well...except for dancinwithjoe. lol) is my friend.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I understand you thinking that. Actually, we did the Vegas thing first..(sorry it's late and I'm tired)...so I met her in a group setting first I meant to say it like that but eh, you get the point. She is truly a special person...I know she'll feel all of the positive thoughts and such...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I really hope your friend gets better. I know how hard this kind of situation can be from my own experience and she will be in our prayers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will definitely keep her in my prayers. It's amazing the wonderful people we meet online and how to grow so close together.
I really hope she feels better and send her hugs and kisses from Abby and I.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Opps, sorry about that smilie at the beggining... I clicked on the wrong one....

rrtcookie,Jan 9 2005, 12:57 AM]
I will definitely keep her in my prayers. It's amazing the wonderful people we meet online and how to grow so close together.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28522
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opps, sorry about that smilie at the beggining... I clicked on the wrong one....

rrtcookie,Jan 9 2005, 12:57 AM]

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28522
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28523
[/QUOTE]

oh it's ok..you can go over and use the "edit" function and erase it if you like, but it doesn't look bad and doesn't bother me..

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. I don't think its weird one bit to make an on line friend. I think that in general you have to be kind of careful, but there are some people on this forum that I could see meeting. I already know that I have things in common with them. I met a lady on a bichon board years ago when we got Jolie and we sent Christmas cards and emailed for several years before we lost touch.

You sound like a really special person and I hope that your friend can get through this crisis.

Susan

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
sorry to hear about your friend
hope she gets better soon. she will be in my thoughts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by Boom Boom's Mom@Jan 9 2005, 11:37 AM
I met my husband online about 6 1/2 years ago...  I was 17.

Anyway..  I'll keep your friend in my thoughts..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28565
[/QUOTE]
small world i met my hubby online at 17 also...8 years ago!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends illness!!

I've already been to Church this morning, but I will definately say a few extra prayers right now, and so will my kids, tonight at bed time. If you could e-mail me her name, so I can direct my intentions to her-I'd be grateful.

Thanks, and consider it done!!

A&A

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That is so sad. You and your friend will def. be in my thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's really hard when someone you are close to has these types of issues, even harder when you are so far away. That makes you feel even MORE helpless. Please know she is in my prayers, you too!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Jan 8 2005, 11:17 PM
I know we all don't really know each other personally(maybe some do but majority ...no) but...

I met my friend who happens to live in New Mexico online, on a forum similar to this but for a different topic. I never ever expected to make such a great friend with a stranger. This was at the beginning of my internet education..so I wasn't sure about trusting people online.  Well, we became very good friends, chatting daily and sending each other gifts for birthdays  and Christmas. Well, last spring she became very sick and spent about a week in the hospital but recovered nicely and was doing fine. She has immune issues due to a liver problem so her health is always a touchy thing. Well, she is back in the hospital and it's worse this time. I feel so helpless. She lives in New Mexico and I live in Indiana...too far to drive. I feel like hopping on a plane and going to her but alas, I have a family to take care of and her mom doesn't need to take care of a guest either (my friend is a senior in college but quite mature for her age b/c of her having to deal w/ her illness all her life..she grew up fast!). So, I am here to ask you for prayers and if you don't pray...some positive thoughts/vibes to her. She is very weak and is on IV fluids and meds to try to get her strength back. I WILL jump on a plane the moment her mom tells me it doesn't look like she is responding to the medication/treatment. Until then I sit and wait for news. It's torture. I personally believe in the power of prayer...and I hope if you do too, you'll add her to your prayers this evening. It is amazing how people online touch your life....and you communicate via computer but can be so close . We HAVE met in real life, I flew out to NM a few years ago and spent a long weekend with her. We also went to Las Vegas w/ a group and did a weekend thing there as well. She's a great person..very special. Anyway, I'm babbling now...aren't I?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28513
[/QUOTE]

My prayers are with you and your friend.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by sherylmint+Jan 9 2005, 03:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Triste
@Jan 8 2005, 11:17 PM

I met my friend who happens to live in New Mexico online, on a forum similar to this but for a different topic. I never ever expected to make such a great friend with a stranger. This was at the beginning of my internet education..so I wasn't sure about trusting people online.  Well, we became very good friends, chatting daily and sending each other gifts for birthdays  and Christmas. Well, last spring she became very sick and spent about a week in the hospital but recovered nicely and was doing fine. She has immune issues due to a liver problem so her health is always a touchy thing. Well, she is back in the hospital and it's worse this time. I feel so helpless. She lives in New Mexico and I live in Indiana...too far to drive. I feel like hopping on a plane and going to her but alas, I have a family to take care of and her mom doesn't need to take care of a guest either (my friend is a senior in college but quite mature for her age b/c of her having to deal w/ her illness all her life..she grew up fast!). So, I am here to ask you for prayers and if you don't pray...some positive thoughts/vibes to her. She is very weak and is on IV fluids and meds to try to get her strength back. I WILL jump on a plane the moment her mom tells me it doesn't look like she is responding to the medication/treatment. Until then I sit and wait for news. It's torture. I personally believe in the power of prayer...and I hope if you do too, you'll add her to your prayers this evening. It is amazing how people online touch your life....and you communicate via computer but can be so close . We HAVE met in real life, I flew out to NM a few years ago and spent a long weekend with her. We also went to Las Vegas w/ a group and did a weekend thing there as well. She's a great person..very special. Anyway, I'm babbling now...aren't I?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28513

My prayers are with you and your friend.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=28603
[/B][/QUOTE]

I fully understand your closeness to this friend you met online. I have developed very special frindships myself.. and yes have met in person a couple of them and they are like lifelong relationships.. very special ladies. I know if any one of thm was facing a similar situation I would be very personally invloved.
So, yes I too believe in the power of prayer and in fact have seen it in "action" myself.. so be assured your friend is included in my prayers!
Terry and Missy

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I hope all is well!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts