Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Jinx is doing just wonderful. He is sleeping still in our room in his crate and is eating and drinking just fine. My husband and I are in love with him. He adores us. Can you believe that at 10 weeks he is pee pee pad trained. I started to train him as soon as I got him and everytime he drinks or eats I take him to the area in his room where his pee pee pad is and point to it and he goes. He gets a treat everytime he goes. Yesterday my husband forgot to give him the treat and he barked at him. We were laughing histeracle.

He is tearing and I don't know what to do. I tried to cleaning with soap and water but it does not help much. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
He is probably tearing because he is teething. There isn't much you can do until he is done teething. Wash his face once or twice a day with tearless shampoo and use a comb to get out the goobers.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Aww!!! Jinx sounds like a great little pup!!!! His tearstains may subside later on when he's done teething like Lexi's mom said. He's so cute!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Jniz sounds like a wonderful little Puppy and I bet hes proud to have you guys as parents

on the pee pee pad training

Puddles had lots of tearing while teething.
I also noticed he would tear and sniff when I would spray smelly stuff in the house. Had to stop burning sented candles as well.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You got a smart baby!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Jinx sounds like a doll. I love the name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts