Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching animal cops on animal planet and just can not believe what some people do to their innocent pets. I was screaming and crying at the same time. Their was a 5 months puppy who was used as a bait in a pit bull dog fight. She was rescued covered in blood and badly shaking. I could not stop crying. What is wrong with these people and is this animal abuse ever going to stop? Good thing is that this show was a special edition and all case had happy ending. Go give your babies extra hugs and kisses.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i cant wtatch animal cops, or animal rescue, etc, basicaly the only thing i can watch is funniest animals on animal planet

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Watch Shelter Dogs. its a documentary....that made me cry.

and people are sooo stupid. in the one about Miami---this lady put the dog in her CAR because it pood on the balcony.

i wish these people would go to jail.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
OH!! and on Detroit show or soemthing----i was watching it and i was like "this sucks, its a re-run" and then i heard the animal cop go "did we go to this house before?" AND THEY HAD!!!!! so these people abused animals TWICE. and the first time it was like 3 dogs chained up and a couple of them were puppies. and i forget what happened on the second show. people are soo messed up

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Joe@Apr 28 2005, 10:40 PM
i cant wtatch animal cops, or animal rescue, etc, basicaly the only thing i can watch is funniest animals on animal planet
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57861
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I always say to myself "I can't watch this anymore" and turn the channel but go back to see if there are happy endings. It is just unbelievable how low the animal crulty charges are. I'm not sure but something like $500 -$1,000??? They should all be locked in jail forever....no I don't want my tax money being spend on these evils soooo they should be send off to a deserted island.

·
Registered
116 Posts
People are so sick these days. My husband thinks I guard my dogs like I do my kids and the reality is that I do. People just don't hold life in high regard (animal or human) anymore.

I'll be giving my kids (fur & human) extra hugs tonight.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Originally posted by Joe@Apr 28 2005, 10:40 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57861
[/QUOTE]

I am like you Joe...I watched 2 episodes and my heart just couldn't take the sights I saw on the program.
I cannot stand to see animals abused...ever.
But, I am very thankful there are people out there to take care of these abused animals...they are unsung hero's...and deserve a lot of credit.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Maximus@Apr 28 2005, 09:55 PM
I was watching animal cops on animal planet and just can not believe what some people do to their innocent pets.  I was screaming and crying at the same time.  Their was a 5 months puppy who was used as a bait in a pit bull dog fight.  She was rescued covered in blood and badly shaking.  I could not stop crying.  What is wrong with these people and is this animal abuse ever going to stop?  Good thing is that this show was a special edition and all case had happy ending.  Go give your babies extra hugs and kisses.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57852
[/QUOTE]
I seen that show too.I really dont know why I watch these shows,I get mad and cry too.I think most of the ppl.get off WAY to easy,and that makes me angry.If I were the judge ,I would do to them ,what they did to the animal.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Maximus@Apr 28 2005, 10:55 PM
I was watching animal cops on animal planet and just can not believe what some people do to their innocent pets.  I was screaming and crying at the same time.  Their was a 5 months puppy who was used as a bait in a pit bull dog fight.  She was rescued covered in blood and badly shaking.  I could not stop crying.  What is wrong with these people and is this animal abuse ever going to stop?  Good thing is that this show was a special edition and all case had happy ending.  Go give your babies extra hugs and kisses.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57852
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean.... I used to watch Animal Planet all the time but it just makes me too sad .... I used to watch that show about the emergency vet hospital and I wish they would have only showed shows with happy endings. I know that is not reality but why put us through the sadness of hoping the animal will survive and it doesn't.... I decided to not watch anymore.... I have enough stress in life... I don't need this....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Here in the Cleveland area I have been warned not to leave Lacey alone in my car...people are stealing toydogs out of cars and yards and using them as bait for dog fights. So Lacey is never out of my sight when she is out in public.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Apr 28 2005, 09:51 PM
Watch Shelter Dogs.  its a documentary....that made me cry. 

and people are sooo stupid.  in the one about Miami---this lady put the dog in her CAR because it pood on the balcony. 

i wish these people would go to jail.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57874
[/QUOTE]

I just watched that documentary on HBO this morning. I cried everytime they had to put a dog to sleep. Especially when it came to Agnes. Her heart was literally "broken" because her owner died and no one wanted her.

But I am glad that Fred and Ginger got adopted out. They looked really happy with their new families.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Apr 29 2005, 06:22 PM
Here in the Cleveland area I have been warned not to leave Lacey alone in my car...people are stealing toydogs out of cars and yards and using them as bait for dog fights.  So Lacey is never out of my sight when she is out in public.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58173
[/QUOTE]
YEs that goes on in Kansas City too! When we go down to the city, we don't take Caesar anymore.
It is now illegal to have Pitt Bulls in the KC city limits because of all of the dog fighting rings. A lot of people were being attacked by those dogs when not even approaching them. I haven't seen much on the news lately about busting the fight rings or anymore dog attacks, but last summer it was terrible. They would show the pictures of the small dogs stolen out of cars or yards to be used as bait, 2 that I can remember were little Maltese.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i met this lady once that said that someone stole her dog.....FROM HER ARMS!! and the guy just ran off. i thought that was scary.

and you know what i hated about the movie Shelter Dogs---when they killed that black dog...the one she said was "aggressive"...but she made him aggressive after bothering him for like 15 minutes straight with that fake hand. ugh! i hated that!! if i knew his story...i would've just adopted him because he wasnt aggressive at all!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 1 2005, 11:39 AM
and you know what i hated about the movie Shelter Dogs---when they killed that black dog...the one she said was "aggressive"...but she made him aggressive after bothering him for like 15 minutes straight with that fake hand.  ugh!  i hated that!!  if i knew his story...i would've just adopted him because he wasnt aggressive at all!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58631
[/QUOTE]

I agree! I would be mad at someone too if they kept pestering me like how she did. If he was so aggressive, why didn't he bite her while she was grooming him? I don't think they really gave him a fair chance. Maybe with a little bit of training or something, he would've improved.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I end up watching almost every show on animal planet because its always on for kodie.. haha..
I saw this recent story on animal cops Austin... there was this farm type place where the owner just left these animals there for 1 week. It was terrible. The animals were living in MUD! I saw too many bad stories on those cop shows. Sometimes I just walk out of the room when its on because its so bad. I try to watch all of the shows though.. even if its bad. This is one funny show i saw once... the cops saw a dog just wondering around a neighborhood. They then went around looking for the owners and when they found the house it belonged to the people said its a vicious dog. They didnt want it anymore. The dog acted very nice and friendly! The cops were really funny because while they walked away they were making fun of these stupid people by saying "come on now... stop being vicious and come with us" to the dog that was soo sweet!!!!!! People are just stupid!!! If you dont want a dog find it a home or take it to a shelter.. dont throw it outside.

On a good note!... I saw another show about strange bonds between different animals. There was this dog that was bonded with a fish in their back yard pond, a cat and a crow that followed each other everywhere, and a monkey that stayed on this pugs back 24/7! haha.. it was a really cute show.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by gigimom@Apr 29 2005, 07:06 AM
People are so sick these days. My husband thinks I guard my dogs like I do my kids and the reality is that I do. People just don't hold life in high regard (animal or human) anymore.

I'll be giving my kids (fur & human) extra hugs tonight.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=57953
[/QUOTE]
Oh ! Your babies our soooo cute

1 - 19 of 19 Posts