Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a little, tiny abused mixed (maybe yorkie,maltese or chi) girl a couple of months ago. We are keeping her, we fell in love with the little mite. Took her in today for her spay, the vets office just told me she has had two broken ribs!!! One looks like a small fracture that is very old and healed, the other was a large break that is still healing!! They did an x-ray on there own cause they were concerned about her heart (that is what the vet told me), and found the broken ribs. I feel sick. Vet said she must have been kicked really hard. Mind you, she is only 2 1/2 pounds now, after I put over a pound of weight on her, and she is two years old. I don't know how she endured all she did. Poor, poor little thing. The spay went well, I am here just holding her. I don't think I will ever put her down.
Quincymom

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Awwwww.
That is so sad and such a terrible thing to hear. I am so thankful that she has found the safety of your love and your home.

·
Registered
58 Posts
don't be mad... I know I would be angry too if I found a lil baby in that condition but
I'm sure glad you were the one that took the lil girl in.
Hope she heals soon.
She found the best mommy!
What are ya gonna name her?
Let's see the cutie!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, that mental picture of her being kicked has me tearing up....... I am sooooo glad she found the loving home she deserves. I'm so glad she got through the spay A-OK, too. I wish someone would give a good kick to her former owner.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Aug 2 2005, 04:02 PM
Oh, that mental picture of her being kicked has me tearing up....... I am sooooo glad she found the loving home she deserves.  I'm so glad she got through the spay A-OK, too. I wish someone would give a good kick to her former owner.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86738
[/QUOTE]
I agree. Several kicks!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
OMG!
In times like this I really believe in karma!

I sure hope she heals quickly. The poor girl. Lexi and Nikki send hugs and kisses.

P.S. Can we see some pictures of her?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will post a few pictures shortly. They are all still in my camera--husband hasn't downloaded them. She is so pretty, especially now. She looks like a different dog than when she came home with me. The woman I got her from said that the dog originally belonged to her great aunt, (who had yorkies her whole life), but she died, and the womans other family members took the dog in. She lived through the winter on an open screen porch cause they didn't like dogs. THis woman brought Lily to her house, but kept her in a dark, closed utility room cause they had a large boxer/pit mix. The womans husband hated Lily, didn't like "yappy dogs" and the woman came home one night and caught her husband using little 1 pound Lily to tease the Boxer with. She brought her in to where I worked the next day and asked if anyone wanted her cause she was going to the pound otherwise. The woman said she didn't want to come home and find her aunts favorite dog "ripped to shreds". Of course I brought her home with me, intending to fatten her up (she was a matted, smelly starving mess) get her spayed and find her a home, but she found one. With us FOREVER!!!

PS We renamed her Lily Victoria, the lady never even told me her name.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I would really like to know what goes through a person's mind when they treat animals like that. That just pisses me off to no end. Somebody needs to go and teach that man a lesson.

Sorry...I will get off my soap box now.

So glad little Lily Victoria has a wonderful and loving home now.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Aug 2 2005, 04:38 PM
I would really like to know what goes through a person's mind when they treat animals like that.  That just pisses me off to no end.  Somebody needs to go and teach that man a lesson.

Sorry...I will get off my soap box now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86756
[/QUOTE]
That's ok. I think we all probably feel the same way. I don't get how someone can do that.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Aug 2 2005, 05:27 PM
I will post a few pictures shortly. They are all still in my camera--husband hasn't downloaded them. She is so pretty, especially now. She looks like a different dog than when she came home with me. The woman I got her from said that the dog originally belonged to her great aunt, (who had yorkies her whole life), but she died, and the womans other family members took the dog in. She lived through the winter on an open screen porch cause they didn't like dogs. THis woman brought Lily to her house, but kept her in a dark, closed utility room cause they had a large boxer/pit mix.  The womans husband hated Lily, didn't like "yappy dogs" and the woman came home one night and caught her husband using little 1 pound Lily to tease the Boxer with. She brought her in to where I worked the next day and asked if anyone wanted her cause she was going to the pound otherwise. The woman said she didn't want to come home and find her aunts favorite dog "ripped to shreds". Of course I brought her home with me, intending to fatten her up (she was a matted, smelly starving mess) get her spayed and find her a home, but she found one. With us FOREVER!!!

PS We renamed her Lily Victoria, the lady never even told me her name.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86751
[/QUOTE]

OMG!! That lady should find a new home for her husband, the teasing, cruel, bully.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
im glad lily has a great home with you. you are a great person for taking in this poor creature.

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
I can never understand why people get animals and then they abuse them because they don't want to take the time for them. I am so glad your furbaby has you

1 - 20 of 35 Posts