Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have heard some of you with maltese mention questions that non-maltese owners have asked....So I am wondering this interesting question!...

What is the weirdest/most interesting/funniest question someone has asked you about your fluff?

I don't have anything to share for this because I don't have a maltese yet. BUT I do think that I will be overjoyed when I have one for people to ask me about!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
When Bisou has a pink sweater (in the winter) on or a pink bow, strangely I get a lot of questions asking if she's a boy. I always say no, but I want to say "what do you think?"..but I never do. lol.

One guy the other day at the flower market asked if she was a chihuahua. I laughed and told him she was a Maltese. lol.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
My LBB is a whack job. He's a good boy. Full of fun and laughter, that's for sure. So, a newbie neighbor asked if he was mentaly challenged ~:HistericalSmiley:
I said, "No, he acts goofy 'cause he doesn't have any eyeballs".

He asked, "So he can't see anything?"

I'm amazed at how many folks ask this question, after I've told them he does not have any eyeballs. Good Lord, how could he possibly see anything without eyeballs ~ :smrofl:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
My LBB is a whack job. He's a good boy. Full of fun and laughter, that's for sure. So, a newbie neighbor asked if he was mentaly challenged ~:HistericalSmiley:

I'm amazed at how many folks ask this question, after I've told them he does not have any eyeballs. Good Lord, how could he possibly see anything without eyeballs ~ :smrofl:
:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: That is hilarious! LoL!!! Do you do a double look at them when they ask that 2nd question?

·
Registered
11,074 Posts

roflol...and just how do you respond when they ask, "So he can't see anything?" :HistericalSmiley:

The only one that comes to mind is: Are they Westies? Said by the fellow who claimed to have Westies!

Deb, some people! lol

Linda
I am constantly amazed by how many people ask if mine are Tzu's, Lhasa's, or Yorkies....by people who HAVE a Tzu, Lhasa or Yorkie. :wacko1:

But at least no one's asked if they were a Chi! Andrea how on earth did you keep a straight face?:w00t:

·
Registered
574 Posts
So I have heard some of you with maltese mention questions that non-maltese owners have asked....So I am wondering this interesting question!...

What is the weirdest/most interesting/funniest question someone has asked you about your fluff?

I don't have anything to share for this because I don't have a maltese yet. BUT I do think that I will be overjoyed when I have one for people to ask me about!
:thumbsup:

OMGOSH this was a great thread to start the morning off with. Kuddos for starting it...I am laughing so hard! :smrofl:

Let's see.... I've had people ask me if Feather was a miniature Maltese and if Indi was a "real" dog, but at least they didn't ask me if she was a Chihuahua LOL.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts

OMG!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I don't recall too many strange questions.... oh yeah maybe "what ARE they?"... I answer.. they are my babies LOL ... but then do 'explain" LOL

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Terra sits very still and quiet on my lap. I had her with me at my girl's gymnastics and was sitting there watching them do their thing. A woman comes over and asks if Terra is a real dog. I said yes and she laughs and said, "Oh I thought it was a stuffed animal!"

:)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I've gotten so many weird questions.

When Bijou was a puppy, they would ask: "Are they mother and daughter?"

Now they ask: "Are they sisters?"

They also frequently ask: "Wow, how do they stay in your lap like that for so long?" I tell them: "Not only will they stay for 12 hours, they will kiss me the whole time."

And finally, the wierdest question of all: "What's a Maltese? Is that kind of like between a cat and dog?" :blink:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
When Bisou has a pink sweater (in the winter) on or a pink bow, strangely I get a lot of questions asking if she's a boy. I always say no, but I want to say "what do you think?"..but I never do. lol.

One guy the other day at the flower market asked if she was a chihuahua. I laughed and told him she was a Maltese. lol.
A chihuahua!!! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
"How come she can't walk?" When I have Angel out in her stroller. Uhhhh.... Cuz she's a princess and I don't want her to get her feet dirty!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
What a fun thread.
When Zoey was a pup I had her at work with me and a little boy wanted to know if she was a "real dog". She was sleeping and he was so amazed when she got up and started running around.
When we were in Naples Florida we took the girls for a walk in the park and 3 different people wanted to know if they were show dogs. Its so hot down there that they had only seen Malts in puppy cuts.
I've also been ask a lot what breed they are and if they're toy Maltese.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.