Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Amercian Eagle w/in 2 hours of us was sold out of a rhinestone clog/shoe that my niece had her heart set on for Christmas. I put an APB to some of my internet friends and would you believe they found a pair in the size I needed?!
Soooooooo 8 days ago, she shipped it off from New Mexico but it hasn't arrived yet. :eek: I have begun to worry b/c something that she shipped to Canada has already arrived. I suppose there is a possibility that the route to Canada was a bit more direct than Indiana was but *sigh*...she sent it regular mail instead of priority b/c she's never had any problems getting packages to me. Now, I sit here waiting w/ my heart heavy. There is a bit of background that I should fill you in on. I busted my arse to find this gift b/c I know this Xmas will not be so great for my niece and her family(hubby's sister). We recently(Nov 15) lost a niece(the sister of the niece whom I am buying the shoes for). My niece died of a rare brain tumor that just showed up and took her in a week. She had some mild symptoms that mimicked depression (quiet, crying, etc), but then she started holding her arm and had a bit of a limp. They did an MRI, diagnosed her w/ an inoperable brain tumor, and within a week...my niece was dead. It came out of nowhere and happened so fast that it STILL doesn't seem real. A healthy 16 yr old just doesn't develop a brain tumor one day and die 7 days later. You just don't think about it happening to you. So, I know this sounds silly, but the sister to the one who died is our godchild. She REALLY REALLY wanted these shoes. No one could find them so she gave up. That is where I got the idea of having my internet friends search. I was so thankful that someone found them b/c as an adult, you rarely receive surprises for Christmas. She's only 21...still a kid to me
and I REALLY wanted to surprise her w/ this gift that she had given up on. Hubby asked OUR post master how long HE thought it would take ..and he thought it would be 7-10 days...and my friend's PM told her 5-7 so I am praying our small towned PM is right and it arrives on Monday. I will be heartbroken...all over a pair of shoes. Sounds silly but I really wanted to give her a surprise to help make her first Christmas w/out her sister...at least bearable. Soooooo if anyone out there could send some positive vibes, prayers...I'd appreciate them greatly.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
that is amazing..all the trouble you have gone through to make your niece happy. just think u still have one more week..the package WILL make it. dont give up hope! we are sending some positive vibes over to you!!!

Best wishes,
LadyMontava & Parker

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'll be praying that they make it on time! *hugs* You are an awesome person for wanting to make her Christmas special, that's wonderful of you.

*****Sends speedy package vibes to Triste*****

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You still have a week for the package to get here so dont worry, you really have an awsome person doing this for your niece i am sure she will remember you doing this for her for years

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
this reminds me of a Christmas song about a pair of shoes... Bob Carlisle "Christmas Shoes"... good song.. you should listen to it! I hope everything works out!

Kodie and I send hugs!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh. Oh my goodness! I'm sitting here reding this with tears in my eyes!
Something so unexplainable like a brain tumor is so hard to deal with! We found out in June that *my* sister has an inoperable brain tumor. Athough they said she might've had it for years.
It is a very scary thing. I will definitely be praying for your family. I know how it feels to deal with this kind of thing, but i would be devastated if i had to lose my sister so quickly.

I think the shoes will come! The post has been a little slow in general lately, but i'm sure they'll arrive before christmas. It is rare for adults to recieve a real surprise for christmas, and i think that's wonderful that you want to give her one and brighten her holiday a little!
Good luck with everything and i'm sending happy thoughts your way!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the words of encouragement...I really really pray that the package comes tomorrow.

Babycoconut, I pray your sister is able to live w/ dignity and live w/out pain. It was such a shock to find out about the brain tumor, but we had no time to absorb it before her death.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Triste@Dec 19 2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement...I really really pray that the package comes tomorrow.

Babycoconut, I pray your sister is able to live w/ dignity and live w/out pain. It was such a shock to find out about the brain tumor, but we had no time to absorb it before her death.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24302
[/QUOTE]
Prayers coming your way!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I agree that the package is probably delayed due to the holiday season. You still have 4 days to get it before Christmas Eve.

That is so sad about your niece. You family is in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
707 Posts
This is the saddest story. You are so sweet to go through all this for your niece. That's what family is all about. I don't know what I would do without my sister so the fact that you are doing all of this to make her feel better it's amazing. She will really appreciate it.

My prayers are with you and your family and please let us know when the package gets there. We're all pulling for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts