Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,405 Posts
Question to clarify your situation......Is it going to be one class and one teacher? Or, are all of the children that go full days going to be in one class and then the morning kids will be in another class, with another teacher, who will then teach the afternoon kids?

I'll wait to give an opinion until I understand the situation better. Just as a general comment, though, my girls both attended afternoon kindergarten (I agree with you that it was less hectic) and they only went half days. I tend to think that kids have their whole lives to be in school, so what is the big hurry to put them there all day. One of my good friends is a kindergarten teacher where the kids go full days. They do their work in the morning and then have lunch, nap, and play in the afternoons. If that is the case, then why rush them off to full days. Of course, anymore so many parents work and they probably love full day kindergarten. I was home with my children and I loved the time with them, and I felt very fortunate to be able to do that.

· Registered
7,405 Posts
Triste,
Thanks for the clarification. If it were my child, I would probably go with the class with the smallest number of students, so that the child would get lots of one on one time with the teacher. Therefore, I would stick with the afternoon kindergarten that you've already planned on. My girls went to Pre-K 2 mornings a week for a year, then 3 mornings a week for a year, then half day kindergarten and then full time first grade. For us, that was a really nice progression without being overwhelmed. Again, I just didn't feel that there was a big rush for full time school.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision for your child and for your family.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.