1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would say definitely not real. Photoshopped (and not well..). Check out the one picture where the boy is looking off to the left. His nose looks like a tenth the size of his eyes. Looks like they went a little overboard with the distort feature.

The whole website makes me sick. $6000+ for dogs that weigh 1.5 pounds at 6 months and are 4 in tall and long...? And a WAITING LIST no less? I feel so sorry for these poor little souls... :(

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It looks like she sold one for 9,000:blink: But hey, at least the buyers got a free gift too ROTFLOL!

Hello Kitty faces! GAG!

·
Registered
847 Posts
GAG is right! Did you read this? :

"Here you will find the best of the best...these puppy dolls are like no other puppies you will find anywhere...they are exclusive...extremely rare and the finest in the world (?!?!). You will be amazed by their extreme beauty...Hello Kitty face...large eyes and adult size under 2 pounds."

Oh, at least she has good intentions :angry:: "I know that it is extremely difficult to find a true healthy teacup and there are so many teacup size dogs available, but not with our Hello kitty faces, like a Persian kitty, large eyes, extreme short noses, and in great health."

If this doesn't make your heart ache, nothing will: http://www.poshfairytail.com/Available_CremedelaCremePuppie1.html
I don't know why I let myself look at things like this. I can't believe this doesn't constitute cruelty to animals. In the part talking about how to care for your puppy, it says to only let your 'teacup' out for an hour at a time to play, then give it nutrical and crate it to rest again so it doesn't go into shock. How is that any sort of life? :blink:

*sigh* I'm going to go love on my baby now and remind myself how lucky I am that I found SM before I contributed to the problem by buying from someone like that.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
They're kinda cute in a cartoonish kind of way, but not beautiful like the Malts on this site. They're not to even close standard and have exagerated features. I guess I'm not one to say any ones dogs are ugly.
I wouldn't want one though.
I'm not a perfectionist, but I'd pay to adopt a raggedy ,one eyed,3 legged senior citizen aged dog before I'd pay to have a strangely bred,ill concieved designer puppy and finance their strange business.. I feel sorry for the puppies,they can't choose their parents or their breeder.... but they'll pay the ultimate price for the breeder's greed...
I'm partial to the rescues and ones no one wants. I do love to own a well bred Malt like so many I see on SM. I wouldn't patronize a breeder (greeder) like this,even if I had millions to spend.
Mine aren't show quality,they don't meet the standard but they're beautiful to me and I love them w/ all my heart and soul,I wouldn't trade any one of them for anything.
Too bad some people have more money than sense,obviously since they bought pups. So so sad...

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Why can't these people actually be lieing about this? How can we tell that they legitimately sold a puppy for 9k and not just a random person posting lies about their puppies so perspect customers to see and maybe think their puppies are more desirable?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Why can't these people actually be lieing about this? How can we tell that they legitimately sold a puppy for 9k and not just a random person posting lies about their puppies so perspect customers to see and maybe think their puppies are more desirable?
That's what I was thinking too. Why would we ever assume people like this would actually be truthful, upfront or ethical about anything?

·
Registered
847 Posts
While the prices may be exaggerated a bit, $5000+ is something I have seen on most of the 'teacup' sites. I remember when I was in high school, scouring the sites because I desperately wanted a tiny little 'teacup', not realizing the ethical and practical (health) issues with getting one. Luckily, the price was prohibitive, regardless. (Thank goodness, by the way). Side note: I came across these websites in the first place while googling 'Maltese puppy breeders', with the best of intentions. This was prior to recognizing that the breed specific club was probably the best place to start, and of course the pets4you and nextdaypets, etc., all led me to these pictures of what seemed like cute little, teeny balls of fur. I can totally see how people get conned into buying these--they're a LOT easier to find than the pups from reputable breeders.

I think Michelle was right on when she said "Too bad some people have more money than sense,obviously since they bought pups." It's true that, for some people, money is not in short supply, but common sense most certainly is. Considering the pictures of the owners with their new families on one of the pages, it seems they have absolutely no qualms about where they got their pup or their 'micro tiny size', they just wanted the tiniest/'cutest' little accessory--er--dog. :blush:

Crazier things have happened.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Those dogs are ugly! Why are their eyes so much bigger than their noses? Looks dumb, I don't believe they are real, but must have been photoshopped. :w00t: I know some of us like babydoll faces, the that's so extreme it's not even cute.....my opinion anyway.

I hope people don't really fall for that crap.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
let me ask u something , how can those pups be so little like that ? how exactly do they get them to be like that .. and some ppl are just not informed , and they really think its "normal" for a teacup to be like that , when in reality there is no such thing .

thats sad, those pups look weird.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I'm sorry, but that one maltese looks like a freak mutant puppy! Those eyes! Pretty sad!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
It looks like he cant pull his tongue into his mouth. It's sticking out in both pictures. I think he is cute in a "I feel sorry for you poor little thing" way. Sad. I'm sure there will be numerous health issues :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree with Pat. These dogs are ugly. They look scary, if you ask me. Those poor little guys.

Many years ago, I wanted a "teacup" Maltese because my friends were always talking about teacup dogs and how "adorable" they were. I'm so glad my sisters found SM through google and told me about this wonderful site. Otherwise, who knows...I might've ended up with a teacup! Now that I know better, I can't stand it when people talk about getting teacups. I'm just like "THERE'S NO SUCH THING!"

-Julie

·
Registered
847 Posts
I agree with Pat. These dogs are ugly. They look scary, if you ask me. Those poor little guys.

Many years ago, I wanted a "teacup" Maltese because my friends were always talking about teacup dogs and how "adorable" they were. I'm so glad my sisters found SM through google and told me about this wonderful site. Otherwise, who knows...I might've ended up with a teacup! Now that I know better, I can't stand it when people talk about getting teacups. I'm just like "THERE'S NO SUCH THING!"

-Julie
Just wait until you get your pup and everyone on the street asks you if (s)he is a 'teacup'. :wacko1: I shudder every time. Then you have to decide if it's worth going into the whole schpeel so this one stranger can learn that there is no such thing. Some even argue with you and think you're crazy, anyway. :smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just wait until you get your pup and everyone on the street asks you if (s)he is a 'teacup'. :wacko1: I shudder every time. Then you have to decide if it's worth going into the whole schpeel so this one stranger can learn that there is no such thing. Some even argue with you and think you're crazy, anyway. :smilie_tischkante:
I can totally see that happening! LOL.

I was on YouTube a few days ago watching Maltese videos. There was this one girl who has a Maltese that's 5 pounds and she calls her Maltese a "teacup." People were saying nasty things about it in her comments and, in her defense, she says the standard says Maltese are 10-15 pounds and since hers is only 5 pounds, it proves that her Maltese IS a "teacup." Omg...I was ready to pull my hair out! LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I noticed that the avaiable "teacup" malts did not look like the ones that were photoshopped on the main page except for one........hee, hee!!! People will do anything today for money!! How could they be so devious and underhanded??:angry:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts