Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lily has been so good about potty and so well-behaved lately, I let her sleep in bed with us. The first night, she did great. This morning she had pooped on the bathroom floor, and then knocked the wastebasket over and left shredded paper everywhere. I picked her up, looked at that sweet little face, told her what a "naughty whittle guwl" she was, and then I kissed her. I just can't get mad-it's impossible. Can anyone relate?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yes, absolutely. These little guys are so sensitive that I can't even raise my voice at something that doesn't even involve them .. I know that if they ever do anything wrong that it isn't on purpose .. they are just being dogs and whatever it is is usually my fault anyway!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Keep your bathroom door shut. My babes sleep with me, I shut all doors, set the alarm, and curl up. I'm very careful with garbage cans, in the bathroom, kitchen, etc. I'm also very careful with ANYTHING they can get into, toilet paper, and all around stuff.

Does your little one get off the bed on her own? I keep a puppy pad for those who do, and the others wait for me to wake up, and I take them for potties immediately.

I'm thinking if your pup slept with you, and was "trapped" on the bed, then pooped on the bathroom floor, you did not take her directly to potty.

Let me tell you, my sweet little Sugar is ready to go, once I wake up. I wish she would wake me up sooner. So yep, no sooner is she off the bed, she's peeing on the pad.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Keep your bathroom door shut. My babes sleep with me, I shut all doors, set the alarm, and curl up. I'm very careful with garbage cans, in the bathroom, kitchen, etc. I'm also very careful with ANYTHING they can get into, toilet paper, and all around stuff.

Does your little one get off the bed on her own? I keep a puppy pad for those who do, and the others wait for me to wake up, and I take them for potties immediately.

I'm thinking if your pup slept with you, and was "trapped" on the bed, then pooped on the bathroom floor, you did not take her directly to potty.

Let me tell you, my sweet little Sugar is ready to go, once I wake up. I wish she would wake me up sooner. So yep, no sooner is she off the bed, she's peeing on the pad.
So true Deb about knowing their habits, etc. I have to keep all trash cans either covered or in a closet and I can't put the toilet paper roll where it belongs but have to keep it where they can't get to it. I know that Claire will have to go potty immediately upon awakening so I carry her to her pad, first thing.

I think we just learn these things as we spend more time with our pups and we adjust our ways to keep them out of trouble!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deb-I keep a pad down at night in my bathroom and the girls have steps from the bed. I keep the door closed to the master suite at night. They go before bed and Lily has never had any trouble with peeing on the pad, only pooping. I have had to crate her at night(next to me) to make sure she "waits" until morning instead of pooping in the middle of the night. The wastebasket was in another room, and she got to it before I had a chance to empty it. She used the pad for poop this afternoon so I picked her up and kissed her again. No matter what they do, I could never get mad at them:wub:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Deb-I keep a pad down at night in my bathroom and the girls have steps from the bed. I keep the door closed to the master suite at night. They go before bed and Lily has never had any trouble with peeing on the pad, only pooping. I have had to crate her at night(next to me) to make sure she "waits" until morning instead of pooping in the middle of the night. The wastebasket was in another room, and she got to it before I had a chance to empty it. She used the pad for poop this afternoon so I picked her up and kissed her again. No matter what they do, I could never get mad at them:wub:
Oh, I hear you, my friend. With all the dogs, coming and going, it's just not in me to get mad. I love them dearly. At times, I just shake my head. I think, to myself, "Gosh, I love this little butt-head", even though he chewed up my new floor board ~ :HistericalSmiley:

So we keep on, keepin' on. It's all good. Life is good. Thanks to our fluffies.

Oh, and hey, my Raul will poop, Tommy picks it up, and takes it on the couch to eat. Bless his heart, he's an idiot ~ :HistericalSmiley:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts