Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever posted the knitted sweater pattern website. THANKS !!! I don't have the exact size yet but working on it.

Even though each one gets a little better I don't have it down pat yet. I did add an opening on the blue one for the harness clip. The down side of the blue one is I made the breast panel too large.

I look at it this way. He will have several colors until I get it right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I think that is the one I posted! You did a great job!!
I was just taking a break from knitting one myself to check my e-mail!! Ty has a bunch now, they are soooo easy!!!! I'm going to try to add a cable stitch to the next one. There are all kinds of things you can do to the basic pattern once you get a bit adventurous.

The one I just finished is a tweedy yarn, quite "manly" :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
wow that is one thing i cant do
they look great!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Great job!
Love the tongue out in the first picture!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Connie,

He looks so cute in the sweater! I really like the blue one- that is totally his color.

My mom is busy making a few of those sweaters for Wilson. I will have to tell her to leave a hole for the harness clip- that's a great idea! Could you maybe post a pic of that part of the sweater so I can show it to her. I don't know anything about knitting, so I am sure I won't be able to explain it to her.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Great job!!!! OMG! I can see it now, you are gonna make me have to take up knitting.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am so jealous that you made those! I would love to learn to knit, but just can't find the time or patience. They are beautiful!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Deanna@Oct 23 2005, 11:30 PM
Connie,

He looks so cute in the sweater! I really like the blue one- that is totally his color.

My mom is busy making a few of those sweaters for Wilson. I will have to tell her to leave a hole for the harness clip- that's a great idea! Could you maybe post a pic of that part of the sweater so I can show it to her. I don't know anything about knitting, so I am sure I won't be able to explain it to her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=112815
[/QUOTE]

I tired to get a picture that would show the hole but I can't get a shot where the blue doesn't show through. Tell your Mom to decrease 4 stitches for 2 rows in the middle of the back. You will need to measure Wilson to tell her how far down the back the hole needs to be. Once she gets the 2 rows done she can increase and go back to the number of stitches she was using. If your Mom knits much she will understand this.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Connie, I have no idea what all that means, but I am just going to copy your post into an email to my mom!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow great Job!!! See I told you it was easy! Is that the
turtle neck dog sweater I posted you? It sure looks like the
same one I did.

Great job. Right now I am stuck making hats for my girls but after
that I will probably make another sweater.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Wow...was that your first time to knit? They look great!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Those look just great! You are so good! Imagine putting a hole for the harness clip.......how clever you are. I love the purple tweed....is that right? I want to try that sweater but I'm neck deep in projects already and my boss insists I work, too!

I'm upholstering two chairs, STILL have the background on my needlepoint to finish then make the pillow, there's a pair of winter pajamas I promised to make my 14 year old granddaughter and I am planning my Christmas baking soon so I can start on that for the freezer. Plus I have a couple of Christmas themed dog beds I want to make...and on and on.

Someone make me stop!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts