Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at this new petstore on our way home from errands today. Well it was a petland didn't know til I was in there that they had puppies.

Well of course there was this little female malt. who was 10wks old yellow from the urine in a cage w/feces. There explination was they hadn't cleaned for the night. Well if you are in a 18x18in cage you need it cleaned more than once. This female was on "sale" 100 dollars off. Being a true female I can't resist a sale. And this pup just broke my heart. So long story short 2200 dollars later I have a 10 wk old female maltese w/a american pet association or some such bull$hit registration sitting on my lap.

So my question is now what? I don't have time for a puppy I work full time as does my husband, but I just couldn't leave her there. Any suggestions. I know if I don't have a plan before the night is out she will end up staying here forever. I am not going to return her to the store as that is like sentancing her to life in prison. So any suggestions before my hubby gets home and shoots me?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I am going to hide the paperwork and receipt and tell him that I found her on our walk and she followed us home....

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
geez, sorry...i cant help you. i was going to say to return the pup.

i hope someone can help.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OMG!!

Well, since the deed is done, I would just keep her and Tundar will have a playmate. She will learn from him. I found it is much easier to raise a puppy when you already have a dog in the house that is trained.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 30 2005, 08:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@Apr 30 2005, 09:27 PM
I think I am going to hide the paperwork and receipt and tell him that I found her on our walk and she followed us home....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58459
No, no.... remember from our youth, "Honesty is the best policy"!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58464
[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL well that line almost worked when I was 6 and the dalmation down the road followed
me home. I have not idea how my jump rope got tied around his neck!

I know he won't be too upset after he gets over it. More of the issue is how hard is it to raise a pup with all adults in the home working full time?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
heh i wish me getting another dog was that easy
if someone can take her out at lunch time it can be done. congrats on the new unexpected addition! now where r the pics?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Apr 30 2005, 09:35 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 30 2005, 08:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dhodina
@Apr 30 2005, 09:27 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58459

No, no.... remember from our youth, "Honesty is the best policy"!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58464

[/QUOTE]

LOL well that line almost worked when I was 6 and the dalmation down the road followed
me home. I have not idea how my jump rope got tied around his neck!

I know he won't be too upset after he gets over it. More of the issue is how hard is it to raise a pup with all adults in the home working full time?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58465
[/B][/QUOTE]
I've raised three Malts as the only adult in the home and I work full time. I do come home for at least an hour or more for lunch every day no matter what. When I got my first Malt, Rosebud, I was a bit overwhelmed because I didn't know what to expect and had no Malt mommies (or daddies) to go to for advice, since it was before the Internet, boards like SM, etc. However, raising Kallie wasn't bad at all and it was pretty much a breeze with Catcher.

As the saying goes, "the horse is already out of the barn", so there really aren't a lot of options at this point..... It's worth a try for a few weeks at least....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Apr 30 2005, 08:41 PM
heh  i wish me getting another dog was that easy
  if someone can take her out at lunch time it can be done.  congrats on the new unexpected addition!  now where r the pics?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58467
[/QUOTE]

LOL oh dear he is going to shoot me. I just couldn't leave her there she is sooooo sweet. And she only weighs 14oz @ ten weeks. No pictures for her til she sees the groomer tomorrow
yes i already called an made the emergancy appt. She is stained yellow and has so much matted feces on her booty its grossssss. I cleaned her up as best I could.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will have to hire someone to come let her out. Both of us work over an hour away from our house. I know it is pretty much done I knew it was as I wrote the check poor lil girl. I think I am going to give it a 1 month trial period and if it isn't going to work then I will find her the perfect home. I don't care about the money I just couldn't leave her there. So any name suggestions? LOL

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Apr 30 2005, 09:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Apr 30 2005, 08:41 PM
  if someone can take her out at lunch time it can be done.  congrats on the new unexpected addition!  now where r the pics?

LOL oh dear he is going to shoot me. I just couldn't leave her there she is sooooo sweet. And she only weighs 14oz @ ten weeks. No pictures for her til she sees the groomer tomorrow
yes i already called an made the emergancy appt. She is stained yellow and has so much matted feces on her booty its grossssss. I cleaned her up as best I could.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58470
[/B][/QUOTE]

Just a couple words of "wisdom"..... be sure the groomer cleans up really good before your baby is groomed. She is very vulnerable right now since she probably has not had all of her shots yet. Be sure and don't let her walk on the ground outside or at the groomers until about two weeks after all her shots are complete.

She is indeed a very, very tiny baby. My Rosebud was 2 pounds at 8 weeks! Catcher was 2.8 at 11. (Can't remember what Kallie weighed.)

She'll look and feel better after a good grooming..... Can't wait to see photos.....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Apr 30 2005, 08:52 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2005, 09:45 PM

[/QUOTE]

Just a couple words of "wisdom"..... be sure the groomer cleans up really good before your baby is groomed. She is very vulnerable right now since she probably has not had all of her shots yet. Be sure and don't let her walk on the ground outside or at the groomers until about two weeks after all her shots are complete.

She is indeed a very, very tiny baby. My Rosebud was 2 pounds at 8 weeks! Catcher was 2.8 at 11. (Can't remember what Kallie weighed.)

She'll look and feel better after a good grooming..... Can't wait to see photos.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58474
[/B][/QUOTE]

She is going to groom her in her kitchen sink....lol she said the same thing and I am not letting her near Tunny til the vet looks her over. I don't want him catching anything. It is no question she is a puppymill dog so I just don't want to put her or Tunny in jeopardy.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i meant to name sprite==Twink. the white sprite on Rainbow Brite. so you can have Tunder and Twink.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
omg!!
i cant believe you

she is tiny - are you sure she's 10 weeks old? not that that's impossible or w/e, but i KNOW petstores around here lie about ages..

anyways, i guess congratulations? you're crazy
hope everything goes well, keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina+Apr 30 2005, 09:57 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 30 2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 30 2005, 09:45 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58474

She is going to groom her in her kitchen sink....lol she said the same thing and I am not letting her near Tunny til the vet looks her over. I don't want him catching anything. It is no question she is a puppymill dog so I just don't want to put her or Tunny in jeopardy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58476
[/B][/QUOTE]

Gosh, you're right..... you don't want her to give Tunny anything..... when is the vet appointment?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
congrates on the new puppy

i would take her to the vet first, never know what she could hvae got something from the petstore, im sure she'll look lovely after her grooming too

i hope everythinh works out and u can keep the little girl,
maybe u could take time off work for a few days, probably fewdays before the weekend so u have the weekend also..

did u pick a name yet?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tomorrow... The only thing I love about this new vet I found is they are open sat and sun for regular business and run their own after hours emergancy clinic. So the plan is the vet at 8am the groomer at 1pm.

Lucy.. thanks for reaffirming for me that yes infact I have lost my mind...lol. I will know for sure tomorrow on how old the vet thinks she is. And my weight watchers scale may be a lil off.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@Apr 30 2005, 05:22 PM
Stopped at this new petstore on our way home from errands today.  Well it was a petland didn't know til I was in there that they had puppies.

Well of course there was this little female malt. who was 10wks old yellow from the urine in a cage w/feces.  There explination was they hadn't cleaned for the night.  Well if you are in a 18x18in cage you need it cleaned more than once.  This female was on "sale" 100 dollars off.  Being a true female I can't resist a sale.  And this pup just broke my heart.  So long story short 2200 dollars later I have a 10 wk old female maltese w/a american pet association or some such bull$hit registration sitting on my lap.

So my question is now what?  I don't have time for a puppy I work full time as does my husband, but I just couldn't leave her there.  Any suggestions.  I know if I don't have a plan before the night is out she will end up staying here forever.  I am not going to return her to the store as that is like sentancing her to life in prison.  So any suggestions before my hubby gets home and shoots me?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=58458
[/QUOTE]

What you did sounds just like something i would do if i had the money
Im glad you saved her. I wish you the best of luck with her and i hope she can stay forever with you
As far as names do you like spirit, teenie, peaches, melody,baby, bella, belle. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts