Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
793 Posts
I think I am going to try the PetSmart groomers. You can watch what they are doing through the window. Right now, they have a puppy special 14.99, not bad. I plan on keeping him with a puppy cut, anyway.

As far as getting him fixed. Lord I DREAD that day. I am already looking up the soft made "lamp shade collars" (hate those plastic ones), or the "no bite collar", I saw them on Amazon.com. Also, someone mentioned on this board to put an infant onsie tee-shirt on them to keep their surgery area covered. I just want to make sure he is as comfortable as possible when it has to happen.

Good luck with your baby.

· Registered
793 Posts
I gave him his first bath with me last week. He looked so sad and pathetic in the sink all wet, I felt so sorry for him. I dreaded doing that, too...but, by the time I half way blow dried him...he was back to his hopity self, again.

From petsmart I got the sink attachment hose to bathe them with. I got a slip proof mat. I am hoping to do his nails and little trims myself. I used to do it with my lhasa. Keep their tushy hair trimmed too. Everything seems to get caught in there.

I do want to do the puppy groom at Petsmart. Maybe I can try to go when it might be empty? This one is all glass enclosed so you can see them through the glass. I think it would be a good experience for them to get handled by someone other than their mommy. There is a Malti owner in my petsmart, she clipped his nails and eye hair for me for free when she saw me in there. I hope I can get her, she loves this breed of dog...so, I know she will be gentle.

I hate leaving them with strangers or alone so young too...but, we do make up for it by spoiling them with everything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.