Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am so happy, I just had to share. I found my perfect groomer!!! I thought I was going to have to learn the art of clipping Harley myself & after my disastrous attempt 2 weeks ago, I thought he would never look handsome again!

This lady is lovely! She only does 4 - 5 dogs per day, and only ever books one at a time. She says because of that her prices are a little higher than most, but I'm happy to pay the extra for the extra attention she gives! Plus, it's only $5 more than the other groomer I took Harley to - who was terrible by the way.

Here is a picture of Harley I took after my 1st grooming attempt - we were at a 'Doggie Day Out' and people were stopping me every 5 minutes to gush over how cute he was in his little hat - some people even wanted to take pictures of him! (I was very flattered!)

And here he is at the groomer - I love that he looks like he's smiling!

And don't worry - even though you can see a 'chain' there in the picture, it is attached to a regular collar - it's not a choker chain. I was a little early to pick him up so I watched from the window before the lady knew I was there & I was very impressed - we will be visiting on a regular basis now!

Edit: Here is her website - I know it's not in a handy location for most of you, but it show's her style & why I am so impressed!
http://www.waggingtails.com.au/about.htm

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
He looks great!!!!!

So pretty!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Isn't it great when you find a perfect groomer?!!! I know I would go anywhere my groomer went. She groomed my cocker spaniel and she is the only one that I will let touch Lacey. She is so good with Lacey...very patience and never raises her voice. She knows that Lacey does not like to wait in a cage for me to come and pick her up so she calls me about 20 minutes before she is done and then she holds Lacey until I get there to pick her up. She carries Lacey all over the shop and makes sure that Lacey feels safe and secure. She knows that Lacey can get a little nervous around new people so she doesn't let anyone touch Lacey. Most people who see Lacey just want to touch her and talk to her in a loud, high voice and Lacey just does not like that.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Sep 25 2005, 09:12 AM
Isn't it great when you find a perfect groomer?!!! 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=102958
[/QUOTE]

It's totally great! I love that I found her - she is so caring I know I will never need to fret when I leave him there. We had arranged a time for me to collect him, but she called me to ask for a little more time as he had a few knots that took a little longer for her to get out - in the past, the horrible groomer I took him to last time told me they wouldn't be able to get the knots out, they would just have to cut!

I'm just so excited to have found her!! She doesn't cage at all either & it's just so nice to know that if I were ever running late to collect him, he would be happily playing around in her salon with the groomers 'assistant' Isabella (a Malt X) & not locked up in a cage!

I'm sure after a couple of visits Harley is going to get excited when I ask him if he wants to go & see Angela & Isabella!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
isnt that the BEST feeling when you find a groomer you and dog LOVE???? we have been very fortunate to only have the "misfortune" of one bad groomer. but we've found the one up here in cleveland that we LOOOOVE and will follow her wherever her career takes her. buttercup adores her and is SO SUPER good for her, it makes me wonder if I should hire brenda to TRAIN her LOL

congrats to you! harley looks smashing in his new 'do!

ann marie and the "freshly groomed and smelling UNlike my own pee after falling asleep on my potty pad this morning..." buttercup

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wish they had groomers like that here in the states. I was very impressed with the services they offer, especislly the grooming rehab great idea

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I am so happy for you both. Congratulations on finding a groomer you are pleased with.
He looks great!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts