Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make a very long story short. *Yeah right, this baby is over 3 paragraphs long

A while before I joined this site, I was looking forward to getting a maltese. I didn't know anything about byb, puppymills, USDA, etc. etc.
So of course, my first stop would've been the 3 petstores that came highly recommended through my friends. Anyhoo, I never found the time to go but every weekend I said I was... until I learned exactly where the pups come from and how their parents are treated
Wait a second, this is supposed to be a happy thread.

Well most of you know, through my posts, that my search for the perfect puppy has proved fruitless. I decided to search out of my hometown. I got a few PMs from members helping me with my search *thank you all* and in the process, I came across quite a few breeders that held my interest. BUT when I asked one of them to produce something for me, all heck broke loose
I know you guys are thinking WOULD SHE GET TO THE POINT! :lol: I'm a procrastinator what can i tell ya.

I got a PM from a very special lady who let me know that if I had any questions about the breed, to let her know and she'd be happy to tell me. Little did she know I was DYING to talk to her b/c she always seems very knowledgable in her posts, and delivery. Taking care not to offend, which I appreciate.

Okay, Okay I will get to the point, stop sighing and don't close this thread! lol

I spoke to this lovely woman last night for a few hours, never once did she try to get off the phone. She welcomed my questions, had the answers to all of 'em and then some and to top it all off showed me pictures of the little guy that I will soon call my own.

Now, I know by now you are all wondering who, who is this Angel
? and why haven't we met? Does she post often? Is she nice? WHO? TELL US?

Well, it's none other than my favorite "actress", the lovely Ms. LucyLou. My Hero!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom+Aug 12 2005, 03:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-AJ
@Aug 12 2005, 03:22 PM
omg!!
  What a happy ending for you!!!

Congrats!!!!  I'm sure you'll love your malt to pieces.  Which one are you getting, the first or second of the pics?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89905
thank you. what pics r u referring to?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89921
[/B][/QUOTE]
Your welcome, these http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5398&hl=

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by saltymalty@Aug 12 2005, 03:29 PM
How wonderful.  I am so glad all has worked out well for you.  What are you going to name him?  And when are you taking him home?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89913
[/QUOTE]

His name is Dash and baring any complications and LL's approval, I shall be taking him home the end of September. I can barely contain my excitement! This has been me ever since I got off the phone

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom+Aug 12 2005, 02:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-AJ
omg!!

Congrats!!!!  I'm sure you'll love your malt to pieces.  Which one are you getting, the first or second of the pics?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Now, I'm crying too. I just feel so good about having Violet get my pup. The two in the pictures are mine, mine, mine. I'm going to send her a picture of one of the two boys I have here. See, I told yall about the special breedings I did with the boy from Italy because those were my pups. I just didn't tell you about the other two boys because I didn't want anyone to think I was selling pups. I only have one groomed today. When they get older, she can choose which one she wants.
Oh, Viotet, check your email, pictures are coming your way.

Oh, Violet, you should have told them about what requirements you had to come to my house....bring your own mop and broom, as I don't like housework. And, I would also give you a rescue to take home with you.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Violet's Mom+Aug 12 2005, 03:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@Aug 12 2005, 03:29 PM
How wonderful.  I am so glad all has worked out well for you.  What are you going to name him?  And when are you taking him home?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89913
His name is Dash and baring any complications and LL's approval, I shall be taking him home the end of September. I can barely contain my excitement! This has been me ever since I got off the phone

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89924
[/B][/QUOTE]

That is a darling name..... and will fit him perfectly as he "dashes" around and around in a Malt frenzy, as they are prone to do!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Aug 12 2005, 03:52 PM-->
Originally posted by Violet's [email protected] 12 2005, 02:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-AJ
omg!!

[/QUOTE]

Now, I'm crying too. I just feel so good about having Violet get my pup. The two in the pictures are mine, mine, mine. I'm going to send her a picture of one of the two boys I have here. See, I told yall about the special breedings I did with the boy from Italy because those were my pups. I just didn't tell you about the other two boys because I didn't want anyone to think I was selling pups. I only have one groomed today. When they get older, she can choose which one she wants.

Oh, Violet, you should have told them about what requirements you had to come to my house....bring your own mop and broom, as I don't like housework. And, I would also give you a rescue to take home with you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89926
[/B][/QUOTE]

Now I'm jealous!!
Youre were so right with your thread about the internet and caring. Even though its "just the internet" it can help change peoples lives and give them doggies, like you did!! This is just too great

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by LucyLou@Aug 12 2005, 03:52 PM

Oh, Violet, you should have told them about what requirements you had to come to my house....bring your own mop and broom, as I don't like housework.  And, I would also give you a rescue to take home with you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89926
[/QUOTE]

*running off like a giddy schoolgirl to check my email*
btw, still laughing at the mop and broom joke, even told my mother that one. She told me after I leave from your house to stop on over and clean hers up too

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
*running off like a giddy schoolgirl to check my email*
btw, still laughing at the mop and broom joke, even told my mother that one. She told me after I leave from your house to stop on over and clean hers up too

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89931
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't joking about housework. I must tell you that I had a heart attack when my children were nine and thirteen. Naturally, they were very protective of me. Although we had help here, it was still necessary for them to do a lot (they all turned out to be very responsible). Well, when I went back for my six month check-up, my cardiologist told me to go home and do whatever I felt like doing. I told my children this, but added that, since I didn't feel like doing dishes, I couldn't do them. Time went on, and one day I heard them in the kitchen fussing about who would do the dishes. Then, I heard one say "you know the doctor said mom can't do dishes". I had to tell them the truth. Guess who got stuck with the dishes after that?
On this same note, let me add something about breeders. Please, when you go to their home, realize that they are human too. Some may keep a spotless house, and some might be those who can live in clutter but have spotless dogs. I would be more inclined to think those who keep their dogs in crates for the majority of the time have the cleanest houses. And, then you may get some like me who have health limitations. It takes me a lot longer to do things like run a vacuum or mop a floor because of my heart. And, by the time I get one area clean, the dogs have messed up another because I won't crate mine.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by iHEARTmaltese@Aug 12 2005, 03:32 PM
Congratulations!!!
Post the pictures too so that we can see your precious DASH!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89944
[/QUOTE]

I just posted a picture of Dash's sire in my gallery. I'll let Violet post pup pictures. I just got them of the other boy. Neither are too photogenic at this age. They do fine running around on the floor, but don't like to be contained on the table for pictures.
The pups were born July 7th--yes, I've really been busy since the end of May. They were five weeks old yesterday, and they weigh 18 oz.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou+Aug 12 2005, 05:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-iHEARTmaltese
@Aug 12 2005, 03:32 PM
Congratulations!!!
Post the pictures too so that we can see your precious DASH!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89944
I just posted a picture of Dash's sire in my gallery. I'll let Violet post pup pictures. I just got them of the other boy. Neither are too photogenic at this age. They do fine running around on the floor, but don't like to be contained on the table for pictures.
The pups were born July 7th--yes, I've really been busy since the end of May. They were five weeks old yesterday, and they weigh 18 oz.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89974
[/B][/QUOTE]
The father is gorgeous!!!!
Awww....I love young ones

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Aug 12 2005, 03:47 PM
Lucy Lou, I have no excuse for a messy house except three children (ok, really 4 if you count my husband).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=89962
[/QUOTE]

When my three were little, our house was always full of the city kids who liked to come to the farm. I would take my three to school 25 miles away, then come home and work cleaning up for company. One day, I walked in, saw three nasty kids' rooms and two dirty bathrooms, and I walked out. I went about my business, doing what I wanted to for the day. When I went to retrieve my three, each with a friend in tow, I told them all I had a big surprise for them. I talked about this all the way home. Then, when we walked in, I showed their company how messy they were. From that day forward, if their room bothered me being messy, I just closed the door. My maids were never allowed to clean up after them. If they needed to do the floor, they could pick up what was laying there and put it on the bed, but they could not put it away. Now, all my children are neat, and they keep a clean house, although I'm sure my son's girlfriend comes to his to do cleaning.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts