Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yall just had to go posting all your cute photos of new dogs
...ok you know i am just joking about that anyways my mom is a physical therapist and one of the families she works for has a english bulldog, female spayed a few years old no real behaviour proublems, slightly on the smaller side and is crate trained, and need to get rid of becuase they havehorses and a child who has seizures so they offered her to us. If i got this dog it would mean for sure i wouldnt be going off to college farther than a couple hour drive but the weirdo i am i think it might be worth it, i had no intention of getting another dog anytime soon becuase the idea of 2 puppies running around as cute as it is just seemed like way more work than i could even handle but this is an adult dog. I havnt met the dog yet althought my mom has so i wouldnt be making any desision just yet but pretty soon, apparently she is great around the kids (5 of them) and sunny so needs someone he can play with right now he tried to play witht eh mastiffs next door and winnie my cat (who is 14 and has no intrest in doing anything but sleeping). So yeah nothing is for sure yet but what do you all know about english bulldogs all i know is that they drool a lot but are really cute, i am reasearching them now but maybe you coud help me as i have never actully met one lol

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hear that!!! These guys got me so jealous that I had to go and get a new malt puppy!!! I'm gonna visit the litter in a week and a half!!!!!

Sorry I don't know anything about english bulldogs, but why don't you have a trial meeting for the dogs, so you can see how he and sunny interact with each other? Sounds like the english bulldog is well behaved, but it would be better to see for yourself. Just a suggestion!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
During the recent 3 weeks while I was without a loving dog of any kind (the first time in my life), I attended a puppy class with my brother just so I could be around some. One of the dogs in the class was a 5 month old english bulldog and I could not keep my eyes off of that dog. He was such a good looking guy
And at that age, very playful of course and maybe a little mischevious she said, which is just perfectly cute anyway
I think if you visit and his personality works out, I would not pass him up!
Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh for sure i am gonna go there and check it out i just want to see if there will be any proublems i could tell about before i get there becuase no matter how objective i try to be once i see the dog i always get all 'awwww so cute gotta have it' lol

so far all i can find it that some get food aggressive but it seems to mostly be a proublem with males, and if this dog is an adult and isnt showing signs of that there a pretty good chance it never will right?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Mar 2 2005, 09:58 PM
I just found this.  I would think they are a little heavy to be with a malt, but what a cute face!!!
http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/englishbulldog.html
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39440
[/QUOTE]
yeah 50lbs is a lot, even if sunny is my giant 10lbs maltese lol, but right now he is playing with like 250lbs(ok tht might be an exaggeration but there are 5 of them) mastiffs and that scares me so bad

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
all i can say is skin problems, hip dysplasia, bloat, and the list goes on...i think they are actually featured in this months dog fancy. i personally think they r gross, but the puppies are definately adorable.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Mar 2 2005, 10:12 PM
all i can say is skin problems, hip dysplasia, bloat, and the list goes on...i think they are actually featured in this months dog fancy.  i personally think they r gross, but the puppies are definately adorable.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39447
[/QUOTE]

Yeah a lot of the stuff i am reading reminds me kinda of a short haired peke lol ,snoring, getting over heated, cleaning between the wrinkles on the face....i dont know what 'bloat' is though. I have just always kinda wanted one (wanted a maltese more obviously and sunny's safety and happiness will come first) and this is going to sound just awful but they dont live really long lives and she isnt a puppy so even though a new dog is always a huge commitment this wouldnt be as big as when i got sunny, i hope this didnt make me sound cruel but do you understand what i mean? i really dont want that part coming out wrong i tried rewording it better but it didnt help

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521+Mar 2 2005, 10:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Mar 2 2005, 09:58 PM
I just found this.  I would think they are a little heavy to be with a malt, but what a cute face!!!
yeah 50lbs is a lot, even if sunny is my giant 10lbs maltese lol, but right now he is playing with like 250lbs(ok tht might be an exaggeration but there are 5 of them) mastiffs and that scares me so bad
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39441
[/B][/QUOTE]

Your new siggy is absolutely adorable! What a cutie he is.... gosh.... can't you control the playing with Mastiffs.... I don't blame you for being worried... I would hate for anything to happen to your precious handsome little boy.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Mar 2 2005, 09:58 PM
[/QUOTE]

The dog I saw looked not a whole lot like that. It was taller and thinner? And it was black with a white puggy face. I guess its because it was a puppy? I see you're doing your research though
I am like you, of course I would say awwwww and have to bring it home!

good luck, whatever you decide

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i am still thinking it over, one reason i would want to dog is so sunny wouldnt be alone (well winnie is there but she doesnt count lol) during the day but i am thinking leaving with a dog that sleeps all day proubly wouldnt be much differnt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts