Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time posting. I get my baby Princess Chloe' tonight. I'm so excited.
She is a little over 10 weeks. I've been waiting for her for over 6 weeks. I've gotten to visit her twice with my grandson who is 7. He is so excited that he is about to drive us nuts.
He even wants to move in with my husband and I. I told him he can come and visit after school everyday.
I plan to wee wee pad Chloe' being that the weather is going to get cold. Any suggestions as I enter into this new experience.
I just LOVE this site.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Welcome to SM and congrats on the new puppy! Love the name. What have you bought for the puppy so far? Are you going to crate train her? If you do a search there are a bunch of threads on things people recommend having on hand for when the puppy comes home.

I would love to see some pictures of her.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is so exciting for your family! Hope all goes well and that she settles in very quickly. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a picture that I have tried to post let me know if you can get it. The picture was taken 2 weeks ago.
I have her crate and I do plan to crate train her. I also have a bed, wee wee pads,
toys, bowls, heating pad, a bag to carry her in, pads for her crate and bed. I will get her bag from the breeder with her food and will buy her food after I get her.
I also have gates so I can start to wee wee pad train her in my butler pantry (6'x5')
It is between my kitchen and dinning room.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
u will be finding yourself buying sooooooo many other stuff for your new baby !!!

like buying extra toys whenever u go to buy petsupplies, clothes, hair stuff etc

i never can leave petsmart/petco without buying something :ph34r: even when i force myself not to buy anything

also whenever i go shopping for my stuff like at a department store, i always walk around to see ifi can get jongee anything...shes making me broke... :ph34r:

but its soooooooo wonderful when u come home and show her her new present coz shes so happy and goes nuts with it..maltese are sooo adorable !!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by carliesmom@Oct 29 2004, 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time posting.  I get my baby Princess Chloe' tonight.  I'm so excited.
She is a little over 10 weeks.  I've been waiting for her for over 6 weeks.  I've gotten to visit her twice with my grandson who is 7.  He is so excited that he is about to drive us nuts. 
    He even wants to move in with my husband and I.  I told him he can come and visit  after school everyday.
I plan to wee wee pad Chloe' being that the weather is going to get cold.  Any suggestions as I enter into this new experience.
I just LOVE this site.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13890
[/QUOTE]

you must be so excited god bless you and Chloe
the way i wee wee trained maxi and it worked was the first few months i had like 8 or 9 wee wee pads all over the house gradually after observing where he liked to go i started taking away slowly until now i only have 3 one in my bedroom and 2 in the living room and he is fine...Be prepared thatno matter what at the begining they will have a lot of mistakes but it eventually works out maxi is 13 months and very rarely makes them if he does its number 2 not one and thats if his wee wee pad isnt fresh you see if maxi pees on it he wants it immediately changed or he considers it unhabitable lol......i go through weekly about 30
i buy the ones now from CVS Pharmacy they are for humans and it works fine no leakage at all and a million times cheaper

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Ok, to post the picture in your avatar it needs to be 100X100 pixels (around 5-10KB). In the gallery it doesn't really matter but it is nice if they are less than 50KB, otherwise it takes the people with dialup for every to load them.

Where do you live? If it is going to get cold there you might want to look at getting her a sweater for the winter. They have some cheap teddybear sweaters at Michael's. They should fit your furbaby for a few months.

I would also recommend getting some tearless puppy shampoo and a conditioner. The conditioner will make the hair soft and less likely to mat. Also get a de-tangler or leave in conditioner. You use this when you are combing. Some people recommend a brush but I prefer a comb. I got a small steel comb. It is only 4 inches long. It is great on the small dogs.

Make sure you have a some chew toys. Lexi loves the Nylabone Dental Chews.

If you are going to groom her yourself let me know and I can give you more recommendations on what you will need. But for now this should be it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Dah! Forgot one of the most important things. Get some kind of spray to clean up accidents. I like Natures Miracle. It is very important to clean up all the accidents. Natures Miracle will take out the smell and remove the stain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the way i wee wee trained maxi and it worked was the first few months i had like 8 or 9 wee wee pads all over the house gradually after observing where he liked to go i started taking away slowly until now i only have 3 one in my bedroom and 2 in the living room and he is fine...Be prepared thatno matter what at the begining they will have a lot of mistakes but it eventually works out maxi is 13 months and very rarely makes them if he does its number 2 not one and thats if his wee wee pad isnt fresh you see if maxi pees on it he wants it immediately changed or he considers it unhabitable lol......i go through weekly about 30
i buy the ones now from CVS Pharmacy they are for humans and it works fine no leakage at all and a million times cheaper
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13903
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how things go after tonight. I bought the wee wee pads from Walmart (32 for $6.80) the breeder directed me there. So I will look into the CVS down the line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Oct 29 2004, 11:25 AM
Dah!  Forgot one of the most important things.  Get some kind of spray to clean up accidents.  I like Natures Miracle.  It is very important to clean up all the accidents.  Natures Miracle will take out the smell and remove the stain.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13907
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will be going out this afternoon. That will be my #1 purchase. Anything else please let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Oct 29 2004, 11:29 AM
How exciting, and congrats!!!!!!!

Give her a honey nut cheerio when she potties on the pad,we did this with Caesar and it worked great- he LOVES honey nut cheerios :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13914
[/QUOTE]

I forgot that is also something I bought Honey Nut Cheerios. I picked that up on this site. I hope it will be somethihng she would like also.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats on the homecoming!

Please keep us posted on how things go this weekend, you have a real cutie pie there!

Judi

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13903
Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how things go after tonight. I bought the wee wee pads from Walmart (32 for $6.80) the breeder directed me there. So I will look into the CVS down the line.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13908
[/QUOTE]

Congrats and WELCOME!
I just bought a case of 200 from a person on ebay that sells them often. With shipping and all it was way cheaper than walmart...which is the cheapest I had found them. I pay 12 something for a pack of 50 at walmart...the original price of the case of 200 was 16.00...that is a HUGE savings...my shipping was 14 and some change...so even adding that in was cheaper...and they came lightning fast!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry that I didn't write sooner. I had such a WONDERFUL weekend with Chloe'.
She came home on Friday night. She slept all night with no problems. I was a little concern, but she slept till 8:15 am.
I am so amaze, she is completely wee wee pad trained. She hasn't had a accident yet.
I have her in the Butler's Pantry right off the kitchen at night, and she has the run of the pantry and kitchen during the day. I put 2 pads out one in the kitchen and another in the pantry. She has been great. Of course everytime she goes we have a PARTY

She is eating and drinking water regularly. So far so good. Let's see how this week goes. I just made her vet appt. for Thursday.
Thanks everyone for your encouragement, advice, and warm welcome. I will better now that I am coming down from cloud nine, because I have fallen in LOVE.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
AWWWWWWW, Im glad to hear how happy you are

1 - 20 of 26 Posts