Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents thought that Louis' birthday was coming up so they sent some money so I could get him something because they knows I'm picky about treats and they dont really knows what he likes. I thought for a while what I should get him because I had just gone a treat run and so he was stocked in that department. So after much deliberation, I finally decided to get him a Madan brush.

I finally got my brush in the mail this morning at 6:30am while I was getting coffee and OMG! :new_shocked: This brush has a life changing effect! SERIOUSLY! :w00t: I sat down to brush him and usually he squirms and tries to get free but this time, he just laid down and let me brush him. No movement what so ever. I was shocked! when I stopped, he looked up as if to say, "what! no more? your done?" I think its like a massage for him. He's not really tangled so it just glides through. Even when I was brushing his legs he just sat there with his paw in my hand, not moving. This brush is seriously amazing, I finally get the hype. I'm totally kicking myself for not getting it sooner.

I think I might try to grow Louis out a bit this winter. I kept him short all summer because his fur is cottony and we were really active but I think if I brush regularly its wont be that hard. He wasnt fond of brushing before because I had a tiny brush that didnt feel good I guess. It was pin brush with no balls but it wasnt as nice as a Madan.

For everyone thinking about getting this brush JUST DO IT! Its so worth the hype. :thumbsup:

On a side note, Louis birthday isnt till the end of November, my parents were 2.5 months early. :blush: I thought they would remember because it was during Thanksgiving break last year....

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
It's the best brush I have ever used and my girls lie down when I brush them, too! They love it:wub: It doesn't pull out the hair and have you noticed how comfortable it is to hold? :chili::chili:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh I want one Maxies birthday is on the 23rd where can I get one. Do any of the girls on here that are vendors have them??? I am so jealous Max doesn't like brushing all of a sudden too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got mine from toplinepet.com. It was shipped super quick and from what I have heard it is the best price around. Jenny, the owner, shipped my order within a few hours and included a bow. I actually bought the Madan comb too but havent used it yet, but since my order was over $25.00 she included a pack of band too!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I got mine from toplinepet.com. It was shipped super quick and from what I have heard it is the best price around. Jenny, the owner, shipped my order within a few hours and included a bow. I actually bought the Madan comb too but havent used it yet, but since my order was over $25.00 she included a pack of band too!
Thanks Christina I will order him one. She ships to Canada so I will get right on it today so he can open it and then he might like the brushing...lol Thanks again:chili: Oh and what color did you get??? I think they have different styles from soft to hard I think. I can always ask her.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the baby blue one. The different softnesses is explained on her site so definately take a look.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh Christina, I just wanted to say Louis is so cute is he turning a year old. I have to change my photo Max looks huge and he it not its all the hair. I have to post some new ones...lol My husband says he looks like 20lbs in that picture...lol

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Okay, you convinced me! I have been thinking of getting one for Bailey for a while now...he hates being brushed and its such a chore to make him go through all that. Hopefully this brush will help. I'm going to the topline site now and ordering...I just can't tell which one I should be ordering for his poodle hair.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Louis is turning 2 on Nov. 29. He's gunna be an adult! As for poodle hair, I have no idea. Maybe someone else can answer your question or maybe you could send Jenny an email asking her opinion.

·
Registered
598 Posts
thank you for the brush recommendation and the link to Topline. I ordered the pink Madan brush from Jennie yesterday and noticed it has already been shipped. I also ordered the pink rat tail comb to help with topknots ( I can use all the help I can get!!)

Candy hates being brushed or combed and she is a fiesty little girl. I have the CC wood pin brush which my Havanese just loves to be brushed with. She will lay still and let me brush and comb her- not Candy!!! It is a constant struggle! I am hoping the Madan brush will work better-but am not holding my breath. At least it will look pretty on my grooming table:biggrin:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Erin, can you tell the difference in softness between the two? Is it significant? Which one do you like better?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts