Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandmother, who has always been a picture of perfect health...has been having some "problems". She let it go for awhile, and went to the doctor. They thought it was a bladder infection and gave her some antibiotics. When that didn't work, they scheduled her for x-rays and a scope. Well, the x-rays showed she had at least one small tumor in her bladder. So yesterday's scope turned into surgery to remove whatever was there. She had two tumors on the inside of her bladder wall. They were "not too big"...
whatever that means in doctor jargon. They were attached, but not THROUGH the wall of the bladder, so he thinks he got it all. The bad part is that he also thinks they are malignant by the way they look.
They kept her overnight, and with no complications, she will go home today to await the biopsy report before they talk about further treatments. Cancer runs rampant in her family. This is really scary to us. She has a brother who, right now, is dying of prostate/bladder cancer. He has little time left.

I am not taking it very well, and neither is my sister. My grandmother is more like a mother to me...and always has been. She is my rock, my supporter, and SO much more. I can't imagine my life without her in it. I have always hoped she outlived me, so I didn't have to ever be without her. I worry about my grandpa too...and hope that he can be strong throught this, for both their sakes. It is hard to be so far away from them too during a time like this.

Anyway, good thoughts and lots of prayers please.
I am being quite the selfish baby about it. She is truly my favorite person in the whole wide world. (besides my kids and hubby)

I have lots of personal issues and stress weighing on me right now...kinda one of those times when I often think..."One more thing...and I will crack!" I am trying to pray and be strong...but it just seems to be piling up, one thing after another. -_-

Anyway, thanks for listening..
Traci

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I'm so sorry for you concerning your grandmother, and for Holliberry in relation to her mom. Prayers are headed your way.

When things get bumpy here, I remember what my neighbor, who actually asked if they could fish in my lake to get food, once said to me. She told me that when God was going to bless you, the devil would test you. It worked for them, because she and her husband both got good jobs right after that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello Traci

I am so sorry that you and your family are going thru all this. I personally went for something like that just a couple of months ago, after months and months of testing and drs. appointments etc. I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer. Yes is a very scary diagnosis, but the Drs said that they "got all" and that I am cancer free now, (we just need to keep cheking every 3 months or so). So you see, there is still hope.

Now if I remember right, and forgive me if I dont, for what I have read in your posts and getting to "know you" here in the forum. I think you are Christian and that you know the Lord, so just remember, He is waiting with His loving arms open to you to cast all your anxieties. (sp??) so take your refuge in Him. Remember He is the One in control.

I will include you and your family in my prayers. And of course to your Gramma too.

Phillippians 4 6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Love.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Traci--

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Try not to worry too much--modern medicine is a wonderful thing and prayers are even better! I know that you are a Christian and as a Christian you are supposed to put all your worries in God's hands, so try to do that, I know it is hard though.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
So sorry to hear about your grandmother. You and she will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Traci, I will hope for that your Grandmother will get a good prognosis. Please try and take care of yourself through this ordeal.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Aw Traci,Im so sorry to hear this.But stay strong girl,as you know the power of prayer is awesome! I know how you are feeling and believe you me there are tons of prayers coming to you & family & your Grandmother. We're here for ya

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks ya'll...I really appreciate the support and prayers...as well as the reminders of faith.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts