Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Madden brush today...and guess what..Rocky didn't mind being brushed with it at all. Got the small red one so it's easy to spot in the basket of supplies and he allowed me to brush his entire body. I'm so happy with it. :chili:

QUESTION....how do I get the rubber bands out of Rocky's hair? He's never had a bow put on by the groomer so here I am trying to get it out and don't want to hurt him. It doesn't bother him at all, but it bothers Daddy. I don't understand why...MEN. My hubby thinks HE can get it out but I won't allow him to even try. :unsure:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
If you put a band in regularly, band removal scissors are a must have. You can hook the band and pull it away to snip it.

If this is a one time thing, can you grab the band with tweezers to snip it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It doesn't bother him at all, but it bothers Daddy. I don't understand why...MEN. My hubby thinks HE can get it out but I won't allow him to even try. :unsure:
I don't understand either..my bf is super against putting a bow on Yeager and dressing him up :blink:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
If you put a band in regularly, band removal scissors are a must have. You can hook the band and pull it away to snip it.

If this is a one time thing, can you grab the band with tweezers to snip it?

I ordered a band removal scissors from Marj. It works like a charm. (Before ordering from Marj, I just used a teeny tiny scissors I purchased from the craft dept.) Never pull the band out, you can cause hair breakage, always cut it out. :)

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
It's so tight though...I thought of that and can't see how I can get the band to cut it. :blush:
I don't have band scissors yet but have been using my small pointy scissors and just hooking the end under the elastic and pull it up then snip. I do put them in tight and it can be tough sometimes, but it is do- able.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
I love my Madden brush too. So did you get the band out yet? I just use tiny pointed scissors to snip it out.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks gals...I found a tiny baby scissor that was pointy and got it under the band and it worked. :thumbsup: Then his hair was sticking straight up, he looked so funny. I guess he won't be sporting that do anytime soon with my hubby being so against it...well, maybe for Christmas. :LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts