Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rose and Lily have hurt my feelings.:smhelp:They're turning into Daddy's girls!:angry: Lately, after dinner, they get in his lap instead of mine-both of them! And I keep a big, soft blankie in my lap..Then this morning, Lily snubbed me..After breakfast, we go in the den and have our coffee and the girls always get in my lap. Instead, Lily goes right to Daddy's chair and gives her cute liitle pick-me-up woof, and she's in Daddy's lap. I took her and put her in my lap and she jumps right off and goes back to Daddy! Of course my DH thinks it's funny and he is thrilled. "They know who butters their bread, they know who keeps 'em in kibble." I told him that I guess I'll have to get another. He laughed, "Pretty soon we'll have five little Maltese!" :smilie_tischkante: Have any of you ever been snubbed like that? What did you do??:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
all the time:blush: Matilda and B&B love to sit on daddy. Matilda gets on daddy's lap and stares at me:blink: she watches every move I make:wub: if I get up to do something she's right beside me:HistericalSmiley: what a brat:innocent:
B&B only sits on daddy:angry: I guess I'm not good enough:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
April -- before Jerry got ill and had to stay in Phoenix, this happened all the time with Lacie and Tilly. He was home most of the day with them (as he's retired) and I was at work. Even though I was the one that fed them and groomed them, they became "Daddy's girls". I cried and cried about it because I love them so much and felt that they didn't really love me anymore.

There was nothing I could do about it but pick one of them up and MAKE them stay on my lap. That was hard because I really didn't think that they wanted to be there -- they wanted to be on the sofa with Daddy.

I know exactly how you feel and I never came up with a solution. Of course, when DH went on the heart transplant list and had to remain in Phoenix and he wasn't here anymore, I wished he was and would even have traded the girls affection for him if I could have him back here with us.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Ohhh, you need a little Malt boy ... they adore their mommies!!!

I do think girls sometimes like to sort of "flirt" with a man who they love and who they know loves them.

I'm the only human here so I do get all the attention from the fluffs!!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts

I do think girls sometimes like to sort of "flirt" with a man who they love and who they know loves them.

April I agree with Sher... boys just love their "mommies" My Billye insists on sleeping with us when I am home.. if I am gone he doesn't even consider wanting on the bed with my DH.. Yet my Miss Paula in Pink thinks my husband is it.. he loves her attention. I would agree with you that it is hard for both your girls to "prefer" your DH.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I agree, it's time to get a little boy! ;)

London used to love only me when she was a puppy but now my husband is who she preferable, even though I'm home with her all day and my husband works. It is actually really frustrating because she acts out when he leaves sometimes but is good when he's here.

Preston chooses Mommy 100% of the time. He's perfect, lol! He will lay on my husband's lap but only if I won't let him on mine first. Lol. He adores me and will do anything to please me. London could care less.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
April I would suggest you get one of those body pat down guys from the airport to pat down your DH. I think he might be hiding some treats on himself to make himself a little more appealing. Or using a liver moisturizer on his skin. Just a though. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

Yup, get a boy. Tyler only has eyes for me...at least mainly. He does love playing with his daddy and let's say my DS and Tyler co-exist -though I catch him on the floor playing with him, but Tyler will leave everyone and everything for me.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
:HistericalSmiley:
Yeager is very much a mommy's boy too. Recently he's becoming more attached to my bf, sitting on his lap when he visits instead of mine, and hiding behind him when he sees me take out the sweater. I'm guessing the guys have bigger laps and so more room to stretch out :p? I don't mind at all and it's quite cute to look at, and I'm sure if I call him he will come to me right away :D Silly pups!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I understand totally :grouphug: Lola used to be mostly on me and he used to feel a bit snubbed, but now it is getting the other way round. If he is in the same room then Lola wraps herself around his neck with her face over his so much so he can hardly do anything lol. but.....she keeps an eagle eye on me incase I should happen to do something or leave the room. I think she curls up around his neck to get a vantage point where she can see easily. :LOL: we have funny little ones don't we?.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
The really great thing, though, is that our significant others are all dog people too. :) My 3 have their Daddy wrapped around their paws.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep, April it looks like it's time to add a little boy to your pack!!! :wub: Nikki and Kodie have eyes only for Mommy and will follow me everywhere I go (including the bathroom! :HistericalSmiley:). Daddy is fun to play with but snuggle time belongs to Mommy! If they happen to be on Daddy's lap, they will stare me down with their big eyes as if pleading for me to rescue them!! :wub: I just love my little boys!

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all the time:blush: Matilda and B&B love to sit on daddy. Matilda gets on daddy's lap and stares at me:blink: she watches every move I make:wub: if I get up to do something she's right beside me:HistericalSmiley: what a brat:innocent:
B&B only sits on daddy:angry: I guess I'm not good enough:HistericalSmiley:
I know what you mean, girlfriend. I see I'm not alone in my "betrayal.":HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
April -- before Jerry got ill and had to stay in Phoenix, this happened all the time with Lacie and Tilly. He was home most of the day with them (as he's retired) and I was at work. Even though I was the one that fed them and groomed them, they became "Daddy's girls". I cried and cried about it because I love them so much and felt that they didn't really love me anymore.

There was nothing I could do about it but pick one of them up and MAKE them stay on my lap. That was hard because I really didn't think that they wanted to be there -- they wanted to be on the sofa with Daddy.

I know exactly how you feel and I never came up with a solution. Of course, when DH went on the heart transplant list and had to remain in Phoenix and he wasn't here anymore, I wished he was and would even have traded the girls affection for him if I could have him back here with us.
Awe-I know you would love to have him home, bless your heart. I am praying for you all. I'm glad you have your girls to keep you company.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Come to think of it, Lily IS a flirt and she knows how to play Daddy like a fiddle.:HistericalSmiley:It's okay-she has him putting the wheels on their new stroller even as I type this.Hee-hee!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, it's time to get a little boy! ;)

London used to love only me when she was a puppy but now my husband is who she preferable, even though I'm home with her all day and my husband works. It is actually really frustrating because she acts out when he leaves sometimes but is good when he's here.

Preston chooses Mommy 100% of the time. He's perfect, lol! He will lay on my husband's lap but only if I won't let him on mine first. Lol. He adores me and will do anything to please me. London could care less.
Can I borrow Preston? He looks very snuggly.:HistericalSmiley:If you are thinking "no" that is a good answer, because you probably would not get him back.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
April I would suggest you get one of those body pat down guys from the airport to pat down your DH. I think he might be hiding some treats on himself to make himself a little more appealing. Or using a liver moisturizer on his skin. Just a though. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

Yup, get a boy. Tyler only has eyes for me...at least mainly. He does love playing with his daddy and let's say my DS and Tyler co-exist -though I catch him on the floor playing with him, but Tyler will leave everyone and everything for me.
Yeah, I think he's cheating too. Don't worry, he is flying out tomorrow for the National Title Game. Maybe they'll take his shampoo.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:HistericalSmiley:
Yeager is very much a mommy's boy too. Recently he's becoming more attached to my bf, sitting on his lap when he visits instead of mine, and hiding behind him when he sees me take out the sweater. I'm guessing the guys have bigger laps and so more room to stretch out :p? I don't mind at all and it's quite cute to look at, and I'm sure if I call him he will come to me right away :D Silly pups!
Yeah, silly pups!

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
April I agree with Sher... boys just love their "mommies" My Billye insists on sleeping with us when I am home.. if I am gone he doesn't even consider wanting on the bed with my DH.. Yet my Miss Paula in Pink thinks my husband is it.. he loves her attention. I would agree with you that it is hard for both your girls to "prefer" your DH.
Okay-I'll take Billye:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I understand totally :grouphug: Lola used to be mostly on me and he used to feel a bit snubbed, but now it is getting the other way round. If he is in the same room then Lola wraps herself around his neck with her face over his so much so he can hardly do anything lol. but.....she keeps an eagle eye on me in case I should happen to do something or leave the room. I think she curls up around his neck to get a vantage point where she can see easily. :LOL: we have funny little ones don't we?.
Yes, they are so funny.:blush: I want to see a pic of Lola wrapped around you hubby's neck. That would be fun!:HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts