Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been doing like a ton a research on maltese before i get mine so i have checked out just about every book at the library on them, well i got this one called "How to Raise and Train a maltese" by Arthur Liebers its more that the information is horrably out of date then anything else :wacko: , the book was written in 1962 but most the books at the library are old so i didnt think to much of it, but because they changed the standard for a maltese a few years after that a lot of the most basic info is totaly off, it talks about how the best place to buy your new pet would be at the local department store
, and recommends starving your dog one day a week to keep it more alert
(i have never heard of this but it didnt sound like a good thing to do), i am not like a expert on anything at all but i could tell some of the information was really off because of all the other books i read......i almost want to tell the library i lost the book and just pay them the money because i dont want someone to just pick this one book read it and think its right lol
but yeah i dont really know what the point of this post is but someone might find it intresting

·
Registered
939 Posts
OMG that is just way to crazy! You could "accidently" leave a post-it note on one of the pages

Like Lilly521 I do lots of research on things I am interested in. I now use the web in addition the the library as it is often more accurate than the stuff in print. Back in the late 80's, when I was expecting my first baby (human that is
), I found the same kind of crazy stuff about pregnancy and child rearing. One book said that if your child is colicky and wasn't sleeping at night you should lay him on his back on the kitchen table and slowly spin him in a counter clockwise motion to reset is clock! :wacko:
:wacko:

It scares me to think that some people will actually believe these things because they are in print!

Judi

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can't believe it said to starve your Maltese! I can just picture old women walking into a department store with their fur on and coming out with a pair of shoes and a Maltese!

I am laughing sooo hard about the baby on the table thing. People can be so crazy!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
in my homecooked diets book---they talk about how people now-a-days "fast" their dogs because that's how it was in the wild. and the reason people do RAW diet is because that is how dogs eat in the wild. its really stupid. the only reason dogs 'fasted' in the wild is because they couldnt catch every little thing they wanted!! its so annoying that books like that are still out there. i like the post-it note idea.

·
Registered
205 Posts
OMG! Hello!
:wacko:

TikisMom~I agree w/ you about "accidentally" leaving post its!! :lol: and the spinning your baby on the kitchen table thing..., too funny! & weird!! :wacko:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i proubly will write something in the book or something like that because tehre is just so much weird stuff, like how its best to feed you r dog only table scraps but if you have to feed them dog food tis best to cover it in bacon drippings i guess people just had no clue out taking care of pets of a long time lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can see it now.."For one day only, clearance table....Maltese dogs 50% off!" LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, the book is not only a good horror story, but also a comdey!

FICTION

1 - 8 of 8 Posts