Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what I was thinking, but I usually don't pick up PRIVATE CALLS on my cell phone. Well I picked up and they didnt say anything so I hung up. Then they called again! I don't know why, but I picked up again. This girl knew my name too. She asked me if I knew Brian. And I didnt answer at first. I kept asking who this is. And she wouldnt answer and so I asked her how she knew me. She said she shared the cellphone with Brian (yeah right) and see saw my number. I told her if you're implying that I'm the girl he's cheating with, you're wrong! You would think she would hang up after that. But she kept on asking if I knew him, and I was like I have NO IDEA. It's freaky to think someone I don't know has my number! I should have told her to delete my number! She described him to me and told me where he works and what car he drives but it totally does not ring a bell!
I admit I have horrible memory, but I really don't know alot of people so I dont know who this could be. I havent even had this number for 1 yr!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Apr 5 2005, 12:49 PM
OMG THAT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like 2 months ago, I never figured out who the guy OR the girl was!!!!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49310
[/QUOTE]
Really! What did ya'll talk about? That is just so freaky! Do you give your number out alot? I totally do not. I even called my bf asking if he knew a Brian. He said no. I tried calling my friend because she knows 3-4 Brians but she does not give my number out! I don't go out alot or hang out with a bunch of people. It's racking my brains!

Watch me get B*^&%$ slapped by some stranger. LOL All I know is I am NOT messing around with any other men...Especially someone else's man!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I guess my weirdest phone call was when a girl called my cell phone and asked for some guy. When she heard my voice she freaked out and got soooo hysterical!!! By the end of our 2 minute conversation she was sobbing. Apparently she thought she called her bf's number and took a hissy fit when I answered the phone...I had to explain to her that she had the wrong number and that her bf isn't cheating on her (with me at least
) It turns out she dialed the wrong area code. I was like dude, how long have you been with this guy if you don't even know the area code yet

I'd be wary of private numbers, it's probably someone from your past messing around with you. Some people just have toooooo much time on their hands.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Apr 5 2005, 04:11 PM
I guess my weirdest phone call was when a girl called my cell phone and asked for some guy.  When she heard my voice she freaked out and got soooo hysterical!!!  By the end of our 2 minute conversation she was sobbing.  Apparently she thought she called her bf's number and took a hissy fit when I answered the phone...I had to explain to her that she had the wrong number and that her bf isn't cheating on her (with me at least
)  It turns out she dialed the wrong area code.  I was like dude, how long have you been with this guy if you don't even know the area code yet

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49349
[/QUOTE]

ROLFLMAO!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may cry if I found out my bf cheated on me. But I don't think i'd ever cry on the phone to the girl he's cheating on me with. I dont think I'd be hysterical. I may threaten her life, but I'm not gonna let them get the best of me. LOL

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wouldn;t even bother with the girl he's cheating with-He's the guilty party as far as I'm concerned and he'd be hunted down and shot like the creature that he is....

Good thing hubby's the faithful type....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Airmid--
It depends if she knew or not about me. Hmmm, or it depends on my mood!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
There are a couple of suggestions I have....did you try *69? Most of the time that tells you the last caller, even if their number comes up private on caller ID. Also, you can block all calls that come in as "private". This way, they must identify themselves before letting the call through. And finally, make sure you block your number. Some telemarketing firms get their lists from other businesses that you may call! If you dial up someone who does not accept "private" or "blocked" numbers, you just need to dial *82 to unblock for that call. These are good phone security measures along with an unlisted number.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saltymalty--can you block private calls on cellphones? Will it cost extra?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 5 2005, 08:00 PM
Saltymalty--can you block private calls on cellphones?  Will it cost extra?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49410
[/QUOTE]
A while back I asked verizon if they could block private numbers from calling me, but they said it wasn't possible on cell phones. That was a while ago though, maybe it's possible now.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Apr 6 2005, 10:59 AM
I can't block private numbers because my dad and one of my sister-in-laws comes through as a private number when they call.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49618
[/QUOTE]
BC&N, I'm not sure you can block cell numbers, but it does not cost anything to block your phone.

FannyMay, you can still block all calls. When your dad or sis-in-law calls, they'll hear a recording that says something like the person you are calling does not accept private or blocked numbers. At that point, they need to redial using *82 before dialing the number. Their number will be unblocked for just that one call.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Apr 5 2005, 02:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Brit'sMom
@Apr 5 2005, 12:49 PM
OMG THAT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like 2 months ago, I never figured out who the guy OR the girl was!!!!!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49310
Really! What did ya'll talk about? That is just so freaky! Do you give your number out alot? I totally do not. I even called my bf asking if he knew a Brian. He said no. I tried calling my friend because she knows 3-4 Brians but she does not give my number out! I don't go out alot or hang out with a bunch of people. It's racking my brains!

Watch me get B*^&%$ slapped by some stranger. LOL All I know is I am NOT messing around with any other men...Especially someone else's man!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49324
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have NO idea how this chick got my phone number! It is my cell phone! Well she kept calling and hanging up all day, I had no idea who it was. Each time I would call back she would just hang up on me. Then finally late that same night she answered, and she was like "Who the F is this" and just going crazy. I told her she was crazy and she hung up. I called her back later and I heard the Voice Mail for her cell phone, it was a guy, so I figured that was what she was upset about, but I didn't know this guy, didn't recognize the voice or the name. So I left a message telling the guy that his crazy girlfriend is harassing me and I don't even know either of them! THen she had text message me saying "what the F do you want?" and I text her back telling her I don't know her and I know she is calling about her boyfriend and I that I think it was very immature of her to play on my phone. She wrote back "thanks friend you are right it is immature" or something like that and that was the last I heard of her! LOL! Still have no idea who he or she was!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Apr 6 2005, 12:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-FannyMay
@Apr 6 2005, 10:59 AM
I can't block private numbers because my dad and one of my sister-in-laws comes through as a private number when they call.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49618
BC&N, I'm not sure you can block cell numbers, but it does not cost anything to block your phone.

FannyMay, you can still block all calls. When your dad or sis-in-law calls, they'll hear a recording that says something like the person you are calling does not accept private or blocked numbers. At that point, they need to redial using *82 before dialing the number. Their number will be unblocked for just that one call.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49622
[/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't do that to my sister-in-law because she calls with a calling card. It would be a waste of card minutes for her to have to call back.
I don't mind not blocking private numbers because it's always them and when I am not expecting a call from them I just let it go to voice mail and they can leave a message and I call them right back. I usually don't answer numbers I don't know anyway but when I expect my dad or sister-in-law to call I answer private because I know it's them.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Apr 6 2005, 11:48 AM
I have NO idea how this chick got my phone number!  It is my cell phone!  Well she kept calling and hanging up all day, I had no idea who it was.  Each time I would call back she would just hang up on me.  Then finally late that same night she answered, and she was like "Who the F is this" and just going crazy.  I told her she was crazy and she hung up.  I called her back later and I heard the Voice Mail for her cell phone, it was a guy, so I figured that was what she was upset about, but I didn't know this guy, didn't recognize the voice or the name.  So I left a message telling the guy that his crazy girlfriend is harassing me and I don't even know either of them!  THen she had text message me saying "what the F do you want?" and I text her back telling her I don't know her and I know she is calling about her boyfriend and I that I think it was very immature of her to play on my phone.  She wrote back "thanks friend you are right it is immature" or something like that and that was the last I heard of her! LOL!  Still have no idea who he or she was!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=49644
[/QUOTE]

Someone call me cussing at me, I'd tear them another one. This girl was very calm and all. Either she already knows that her bf is messing around and is just wanting more proof or she just isnt that crazy. Who knows. Just PLEASE lose my number!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts