Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is so hot and humid today in New York and I just hate it...give me the winter any day!...just a little rant.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i love summer n im also in new york... but i must admit its freaking HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT!

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Winter yes!!!

:good post - perfect WOW others who like winter... I live in midwest and by the time July/August come I am so dreaming of November/December/January... please SNOW.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I live on the west coast but I HAAAAATE snow! I can deal with the cold, etc. but the snow itself I hate. We've had an extremely mild summer here and I'm loving it because I also hate 100 degree + weather. lol

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
It's been hot here in Texas too (well it's Texas!) but lots of rain this week. I'm not griping because it keeps the temps in the low 90's. Well, that beats 100!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
It is so hot and humid today in New York and I just hate it...give me the winter any day!...just a little rant.
We're in the same hot, sticky boat.:smheat:Everytime I leave the apartment I come back and I'm sweating.:w00t: I hate to sweat!! It's so un-ladylike. :smrofl::smrofl:But poor Tyler's tongue has been hanging out. He's so glad to come in to the a/c and a nice frosty one in his bowl :wine: water that is. Give me winter too. You can always wear too much but can't wear too little. :new_shocked: At least I can't at my age.:brownbag:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if it's hot like this tomorrow, I am bringing Chloe and Summer to work. I don't want to see my electric bill after having to run the ac all day and night. Why run my air conditoner, when I can bring them here and they can stay cool! Plus I enjoy their company!

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
OK, I'm bragging! It's 82 here and sunny with a lovely breeze - and low humidity! I think this is the first perfect day we've had all summer - and I'm on vacation enjoying it!!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
It is hot here (97degrees) and humidity to boot! After the storms this evening, we should be in the 80's.....Whooo hooooo!! I too am tired of all this heat. It drags you down. My air has been running day and night. I saw the meter reader come by today.....my untility bill is always so high but I am going to stay cool. I am not even sure the dog days of summer have started yet~~~The weather girl says the 4th of July should be nice!!!

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
As a New Englander I enjoy every season--I don't mind the heat or humidity at all. The only time weather starts to get to me is around late Jan/early Feb when it seems like it's been winter forever--the long days and lack of sunlight just suck the life out of me.

I'll take all the sun and warmth now!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
We're having a monsoon this afternoon. It started much earlier in the afternoon than it normally does. I feel so sad for my poor Lacie as I know that she's at home being a nervous wreck.

Of course, I want perfect weather every day of the year. LOL

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
Oh Donna, I think you need a trip to Idaho, summer has FINALLY come our way , 89 with a breeze, we don't have the high humidity here. Hugs to you

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
We're having a monsoon this afternoon. It started much earlier in the afternoon than it normally does. I feel so sad for my poor Lacie as I know that she's at home being a nervous wreck.

Of course, I want perfect weather every day of the year. LOL
I did not know you have monsoon in New Mexico.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
You think it's hot there, try living in the south. I'm a New Yorker, and after 16 years, I'm STILL not used to the heat and humidity in Atlanta.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Hot and humid here.I was enjoying our early warm weather this March and April upper 60's and mid 70's where we usually have upper 40-50 and a little 60's. So I guess we got spoiled and now we've had upper 80's and low 90's and tornados and thunerstorms. For the next few days we should have mid to upper 70's and low humidity.That means that weather should be working it's way to NY!
I would rather heat and humidity,that's what AC is for.
Cold weather,no amount of heat and long underwear takes that chill out of my bones....

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I was just in SW Florida,hot and humid,hotter than Ohio,temp wise,but atleast we had a gulf breeze.... It was still more pleasant than Ohio,hot,humid and no breeze.
I've been in Atlanta in summer,H&H,you better know it!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
It's currently 105 degrees in central california BUT it's the first truly hot day of the summer. I had the dogs out sunning at 9am and it was already 85! Needless to say, they didn't stay out long.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I like all four seasons, but I have to say that summer is my least favourite. I don't like the high temperatures, mosquitoes, and storms that come with summer. To me, air conditioning isn't as good as just plain cool air. I'll be looking forward to those first days in the fall when you need a hearty sweater to go outside. And I love the first day when I have to turn on the heat....

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I was just in SW Florida,hot and humid,hotter than Ohio,temp wise,but atleast we had a gulf breeze.... It was still more pleasant than Ohio,hot,humid and no breeze.
I've been in Atlanta in summer,H&H,you better know it!
I'm going there August 1st to Ft. Myers. :sweatdrop: I was born and raised in NY but lived in a dry climate for the last 32 years...so it's going to be a big shock for me. :blink:Today was around 100 degrees but not bad at all, very dry with a breeze. I still don't like it here in the summer when it's 110. I think I'd rather be at the beach in California...California Dreamin' here!B)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts