Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had posted on another topic but i didnt get a response
maxi has been doing this weird thing of late
when i walk him he all of a sudden lays the right side of his head and tries to slide it on the ground most of the time i see like dead worms on the ground when he does it i checked his ears he has no infection they dont smell ...i dont know why he is doing it i immediately pick him up and stop him but isnt that strange anyone experience this

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi does this sometimes. They are just rolling in the worms, poop, etc. Gross! Lexi usually does it after smelling the spot. She did this last week right after her bath. I had just dried her and decided to be a good mom and take her out since it had been about 2 hours since she was out last. I put her on the ground outside and she immediately went over to a spot in the grass. I thought she was just going to go potty. Nope! Before I could tell her no she had rolled over on her belly and was rolling around in the spot.
She smelled so good after that!

My guess is that this is what Maxi is doing. There are a lot of dogs in my building and they all do this. Nothing to worry about though. Well, besides it being gross and Maxi probably needing a bath. :lol:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy always does this right after a bath.. he'll run around the house and then all of the sudden start sliding his ear against the ground. I don't know if he's trying to get water out of his ears, dry off or what.. I'm guessing it's one of those things since he only does it after a bath. Maybe he has an itch but doesn't want to stop walking to scratch it? Tuffy does like to drag his belly through the grass when we go on walks so maybe it's something like that. If he doesn't have an infection I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i feel better now cause it is a new thing he is doing
i bathe maxi every week and he gets groomed every third week so i am always cleaning him , i have caught him before he gets too really roll in the disgusting worms i dont know what he is facinated by but i have to try and remember he isnt really a human child he is a furbaby and animals like this stuff i bring him up like he is a human child so i get upset when he does the ( normal ) dog thing lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts