Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see so many beautiful sweaters and some do use these for their fluffs, but I find they cause way too much matting. I want the clothes to be not only beautiful, but comfy, and functional. If the sweaters could be lined, I would buy them. Also, I would like to see more choices in the velour, as I feel this is a good option for Maltese. Thanks for looking!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I don't think you could line a sweater since knitted garments are so stretchy.

Prissy Paws lines all her dresses in satin if you are looking for dresses:

http://www.prissypawfashions.com

Go Fetch has a whole line of satin pajamas and nighties. Here's the website, but it is closed for another week while Des is on vacation:

go.fetch™

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, Marj! :blush: I will check out Go Fetch. I guess if one could line sweaters, it would have been done already. Well, a girl can dream. Did I mention that I know almost nothing about sewing?:HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Thank you so much, Marj! :blush: I will check out Go Fetch. I guess if one could line sweaters, it would have been done already. Well, a girl can dream. Did I mention that I know almost nothing about sewing?:HistericalSmiley:
Go Fetch has wonderful sleepwear!

Here is Lady a couple years ago in her red satin pajamas!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Finally, someone else who knows as little as I do about sewing. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
OH how adorable! I'm thinking of getting Rocky some jams for the winter. They make so much for girls and not much for boys. With humans it's the same way! Do you know a line that sells more boy clothes?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I don't know much about sewing either. The dress pattern I do is so super simple,I also line it in satin so it won't matt up my girls.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
OH how adorable! I'm thinking of getting Rocky some jams for the winter. They make so much for girls and not much for boys. With humans it's the same way! Do you know a line that sells more boy clothes?
Barkin Dog Clothes has great knit tees and joggers for boys:

dog clothes

Des has a good selection of sleepwear for boys on her Go Fetch website.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Barkin Dog Clothes has great knit tees and joggers for boys:

dog clothes

Des has a good selection of sleepwear for boys on her Go Fetch website.
Thanks! I'm checking out the Barkin Dog Clothes website.

Question...scroll down towards the bottom of the main page...is that a FOX in the yellow shirt...???

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts

Question...scroll down towards the bottom of the main page...is that a FOX in the yellow shirt...???
I had to take a look - Yep, that indeed is a fox! :w00t:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I just came back from Walmart and Lulu Pink has new stuff out. Cute sweaters, dresses and harnesses at VERY reasonable prices.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Go Fetch has wonderful sleepwear!

Here is Lady a couple years ago in her red satin pajamas!
Whew-hoo! Lady looks so pretty in her red satin jammies-they're nicer than all of mine, now what's with that?:blink::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Oh my word! I've never seen a fox in a yellow shirt-this one looks like a "pure-bred" fox, hmm :OMG!:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Hmm I did have a lite jacket once that was a knit like a sweater( acrylic yarn and had cable stitch done each front side)on outside and lined on inside. Instructions were to hand wash, cold water, lay flat, "shape" and let dry. I loved it but seemed to take FOREVER to dry!
Maybe because it was a button and not pull-over that this was able to work??

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
April, if you have a sweater that your really like you might try lining it with a stretchy swimwear-type fabric. Stores like Jo-Anns Fabrics sell the stretchy swimwear fabrics at least seasonally. If you don't sew you might be able to find a tailor who will line some sweaters for you. Another thought would be to buy a coat and line it. I knitted and felted wool coats for my dogs several years ago and then lined them with a sateen-type cotton. For outdoor wear I prefer using cotton lining as it seems to produce less static.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts