Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go to New Jersy and stay with family there, when i mentioned bringing Sunny they would have nothing to do with it
So I have to have hiim boarded for about a week I am really worried. He is only going to be a week or 2 over 6 months when he is there and that is still so young, there was a really nice place here I wanted to send him but they have been booked christmas week since march so I have to take him to my second choose, his hair has gotten pretty long will they brush him? he is getting a hair cut soon should I get it cut short before sending him? The place i am sending him is still nice but he is so little (even if he is like the worlds largest maltese lol
) I live in an area that everone lives on over an acre and most people here have big dogs, this place I am sending him is the one people around here used so I am wondering if there will be any other dogs his size. I am gonna make a appointemnt for next year at the place I wanted to send him just in case (its like almost all toy dogs there so i would have felt a little better) Have any of ya'll boared your dogs? When they were this young? Am I overreacting?

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunny is so spoiled its not even funny the vet was like yelling at me about it but I mean I only give him his dry dog food and I never let him beg or jump on me so its not like he is a brat (well he is but not a a bad way) I know they wouldnt come close to treating him how I do at home but I just want to see when I get him back he still has the same personallity .......and isnt covered in mats

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont really live in a university area so that proubly wouldnt work but thanks for the suggestion. I have some friends around here...who wont watch him...I am thinking about asking if they could like visit him while he is at the kennel and making sure everything is going good at the very least it will proubly get the people working there thinking "oh someone comes and checks on that one make sure he is doing alright"

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The kennle is $15 a day. Any other family or friends i would just bring sunny and they could get over it but not them, if he was a catthey proubly would have let mee bring him but noooo not a dog lol. Well as far as finding someone around here to watch him i just moved here a few months ago so i only know a few people and they all have large dogs who dont really get along with other dogs (one of them actully eats, as in kills and eats, cats so yeah no way that is happening
) I have some out of town friend i might try and get to watch him becuase she has been saying she wants to get a maltese since she saw mine so i might be able to convince her its like a test run lol. Thats really sweet of you guys who offered to watch him but i have never left him alone for long with other dogs and he is a good 9lbs which is proubly bigger than your dog and i would just feel awful if he tried something, never has before and i have no readon to think he would be he is still so young i dont trust him with a lot of things.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok i think i am reconsidering what i said about not taking someone up on an offer to watch sunny, i have mentioned before but all of you might not know i am only 16 so i would have to run something like that by my mom and i assuemed she would say no but she seems to be considering the idea, so yeah if you can help me just send me a message so we can talk more about it i live in jupiter (kinda near west palm) florida and i am going to be near paramus new jersy

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well my mom isnt really a big dog person so she generaly just goes on what i say about taking care of sunny, i did a ton of research before getting him and obviously and still getting information, she wanted to bring him to new jersy, but we couldnt so she made him a boarding reservation just in case we couldnt come up with something else (thats what we did with my old dog but he was really differnt a cocker corgi mix he was pretty tough lol) i have a friend about an hour and a half from here i am trying to get to watch him which might work i will just have to leave really detailed instructions becuase she has never had a dog like him, i would still get his hair cut short no matter where he ends up becuase right now i am brushing him twice a day and he is still putting up a little fight about it sometime so i wouldnt want to leave someone with that responsability, so i got my fingers crossed with works with my friend out of town lol other wise i dont know what to do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.