Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She not only has a yeast infection in her left ear, but she also has a bladder infection. Poor little baby. The vet gave me 2 different antibiotics, and gave her first dose while I was there. I feel so bad because she has probably been giving me signs since early on this week
I feel like such a bad mom right now.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
its ok..at least u brought her in...ur a responsible parent...and thats all that matters :D

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well you got it taken care of and thats whats important i know how you feel though when i took sunny to the vet they were like he has fleas i felt so bad i thought i had gotten rid of them

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm sorry, but did you explain what the symptoms were for the bladder infection somewhere on the board? I haven't been here in a while, my life is super crazy right now but I am on "vacation". Chanel pees alot and wonder what the signs were that she had been giving you.

Thanks,

~Elegant

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Common signs of a urinary tract infection:

Excessive urination (PU)
Excessive drinking (PD)
Urinating suddenly, inability to hold urine as long as normal
Leaking urine
Urinating in inappropriate places (like accidents inside or not where they should be)
Strong smelling urine
Bloody urine or very dark urine
Excessive licking of vulva/prepuce
Lethargy

If the infection travels up into the kidneys, vomiting and diarrhea may also occur.

If you suspect any of these signs, get your dog checked out sooner rather than later. An untreated UTI can travel to the kidneys and cause major problems. UTIs are also commonly found secondary to bladder stones. In Maltese pups with frequent UTIs or bladder stones, they should be checked for liver shunt.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tini is already feeling better!
Her symtoms were:

CONSTANT peeing of a little amount
Excessive licking of her "area"
She was also rubbing her butt on the ground
She peed on my bed for the first time in MONTHS.

Last night she got up once to go potty, and I noticed she was really itching her ears so I gave her, her second dose of her antibiotic... she slept right through to 7:00 (which is unheard of here).

She is running around again today ...
I am keeping my fingers crossed she is back to her normal self by Christmas.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
glad shes getting back to her spunky self!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am so glad you found out what is wrong with her, now maybe you will be able to sleep through the night
:new_Eyecrazy: . I remember your other post where you said she kept waking you up, I wondered if she might have something brewing, since it was not normal behavior for her. These babies are so good at telling us when something is wrong with them-she will be better in no time and you both will feel better with some sleep-yahooo

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I bet she'll be better in no time! Take care and lots of XOXOXO's for TINI from ButterCloud and Noriko

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for your well wishes!!!

Tini is feeling SOOOOOOOO much better
. I can't believe she is totally sleeping through the night (knock on wood). I was super tired last night so we went to bed around 10:15...she slept till 7:15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!!!!
I am just so happy for her (more then me) she is feeling better. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts