Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to get spayed...

She was so happy this morning to see me and I felt so bad because if she only knew what her day was going to be like. I keep telling myself this is the best for her but it's so HARD!

I'm glad I don't pick her up today because I wouldn't know what to do with her. They told me that by tomorrow she'll be all right. I plan to stay in bed with her ALL DAY tomorrow

I miss my little munchkin already

How's the other Bella doing? Let me know when you hear something.

I'm so glad you guys are here for support

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Aww. It will be ok. Give us a post when you get back...I know it seemed harder on me than it did on Brinkley...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Lil Bella will be fine, girl! When Cloud was nuetered I worried enough for the both of us. And he's perfectly fine. She'll be back in your arms in no time.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Bella will be fine. By the end of the weekend she should be back to her old self. I think today will be a lot hard on you then it will be on her.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I picked up my Bella at 2:30. She had 20 teeth pulled. She is very groggy and acts sore. As soon as we got home I put her on the little blanket bed I made for her on the floor in the living room (I couldn't carry her and the crate up the stairs) and she got up and went to the potty pad and went potty! even groggy she kept her potty manners--I'm so proud. When she got done pottying she came back and just stood there. She wouldn't lay down...so I put her in my lap and she is sleeping there now. poor baby! She still barked at the sound of the kid riding his skateboard downstairs so she is still with it. I think she is just a little uncomfortable.
Poor baby, the vet said she had so many loose teeth that he didn't know how she was able to eat! I guess that is why she has been hiding all her bones lately and not chewing on them.
The worse part was her eyes just looking at me like "What happened"
I'm sure that is just the left over sleepy med but it makes me feel guilty!
Also--she can't eat until 6 tomorrow morning and she hasn't eaten since yesterday around 3. I bet she will be very hungry. Any suggestions on food for a puppy with teeth just pulled? Should I just wet her kibble?

I am keeping the other Bella in my thoughts -- She'll be fine and very happy to come home tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Dec 17 2004, 05:34 PM
Well I picked up my Bella at 2:30.  She had 20 teeth pulled.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24055
[/QUOTE]

:eek: Good Grief!!! I didn't know that was possible!!!!
Poor baby!!!!!
Give her lots and lots of love and kisses from me and Brinkley!!!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad your Bella is doing well.

My Bella is doing very well too but she's still at the vet. They pulled 7 teeth and they told me was very groogy and sleeping. I get to pick her up tomorrow and I can't wait to be with her.

I miss her so much, it's driving me nuts

I big kiss to the Bella's for being so brave!!!!

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I would feed something soft. If you don't have canned dog food, boiled chicken with white rice is nice and bland as well as soft.

You can feed her a small amount tonight. If she is not interested, I wouldn't be surprised. If she eats well, she can have more an hour or so later.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Dec 17 2004, 07:36 PM
I would feed something soft. If you don't have canned dog food, boiled chicken with white rice is nice and bland as well as soft.

You can feed her a small amount tonight. If she is not interested, I wouldn't be surprised. If she eats well, she can have more an hour or so later.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24071
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! The smell of can food makes me gag so I boiled some chicken for her and kept the broth to put over some kibble to soften it in the next few days if needed. I will also run the chicken through the food processor if needed.

She has been sleeping all afternoon except for short walks around the room. She has gone peepee (in the right place) three times on the pad so at least she remembers where to go! I am thinking I will wait unti the morning to feed her because she is not looking for food or acting hungry.

Thank you all for the encouraging words
I don't know what I would have done without you!

Nicolle

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just picked up Bella and she's doing wonderful. She has a lot of energy which I was not expecting. She's still not herself but she's doing much better than I thought.

She just ate a bit of food and she's resting on my lap as I type.

I'm so happy this is over and done with and that both Bella's are doing so well.

Nicolle, any news today.

Thanks all,
Silvia

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
glad to hear both bellas are doing fine! next thing u know they will be sprinting all over the house and you will miss this groggy moment at times

1 - 20 of 29 Posts