Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My camera was acting up last week so I took it in for them to look at. Well it turns out some chip in it is broken. It would cost $285 to replace, so instead they are just going to let me pick a new camera (since mine is discontinued)!

But dang it! It took me months to pick that camera. I need to get a Sony since I already have the memory sticks and batteries (hopefully they work with the new camera). My old camera was $299.99 so I should be able to spend that much. Anything over I would have to pay.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Best Buy warrentys are great. Thats where I got this computer I have now (I had a million proublems with my old dell laptop and I never messing around buying something from a store I cant go to in person) the warrently says if my computer has proublems more than 3 times or if it is unreparably broken I get more recent model of my computer. Its great I bought a portable CD player a few years ago there they gave me a new on everytime my head phones broke for 2 years.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just realized the battery I have (that is included in the warrenty) isn't going to work with a new camera. Wonder if they will give me a new one?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 12 2005, 02:50 PM
I just realized the battery I have (that is included in the warrenty) isn't going to work with a new camera.  Wonder if they will give me a new one?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61929
[/QUOTE]

If the battery was included in the same warrently I am sure they will, just be sure to mention it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Lilly521+May 12 2005, 03:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@May 12 2005, 02:50 PM
I just realized the battery I have (that is included in the warrenty) isn't going to work with a new camera.  Wonder if they will give me a new one?
If the battery was included in the same warrently I am sure they will, just be sure to mention it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61937
[/B][/QUOTE]
I just called them and they said no the extra battery is in not included. I would have to buy another one. I will probably wait and see if I actually need it. My brother has the Sony DSC-P200 and likes it. So I'm thinking of getting that one. The design is very similar to my old camera.

The guy did say I will have to buy a new warrenty if I want and extended warrenty. So I think I will just get the camera and warrenty now and get the other stuff later.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 12 2005, 03:25 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2005, 03:19 PM

[/QUOTE]
I just called them and they said no the extra battery is in not included. I would have to buy another one. I will probably wait and see if I actually need it. My brother has the Sony DSC-P200 and likes it. So I'm thinking of getting that one. The design is very similar to my old camera.

The guy did say I will have to buy a new warrenty if I want and extended warrenty. So I think I will just get the camera and warrenty now and get the other stuff later.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61938
[/B][/QUOTE]

Did the battery not come with the camra? If they came together I do not see why they would not include it. If it was a seperate purchase with a sepreat warrenty yeah that makes sense but if they were together it should be included.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Lilly521+May 12 2005, 03:28 PM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 12 2005, 03:25 PM

Did the battery not come with the camra? If they came together I do not see why they would not include it. If it was a seperate purchase with a sepreat warrenty yeah that makes sense but if they were together it should be included.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61939
[/B][/QUOTE]

the camera came with a battery but I bought a back up battery. that is the one that is not included

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+May 12 2005, 03:32 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 12 2005, 03:25 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61939
[/QUOTE]

the camera came with a battery but I bought a back up battery. that is the one that is not included
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=61940
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh alright I get it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have the Sony DCS- W5..great camera...I love it....but the P200 has more mega pixs so that is great but the W5 has bigger LCD if that is a big deal lol...i would rather the megs.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
yeah thier warrenty is really good. It is worth the extra money.
We always it now. Last year we bought a VCR from them and it stoped working showing lines in the pictures. We returned it and upgraded to a DVD/ VCR high end for extra 40.00
. I also bought my printer there and router card. I can get stuff at a cheeper place ,but exchanges are a hassel , forget about a return

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went to Bestbuy to just look at the cameras. Turns out some were on sale. The P-200 was on sale for $359.99 (through Saturday). That means for $60 I could go from a 3.2 to a 7.1. Hmm? Do I even have to think about it?
LOL I ended up buying it. I got the warrenty again (haha). I also got the 1GB memory stick.

I was playing around with the camera after it charged last night. I LOVE IT!!! So far I would highly recommend it. It comes with a cable that lets you hook the camera up to your TV so you can view pics on the TV.

Here is a picture I just took of my office:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Wow!!! :eek: That is a really good/clear picture!!!
I wanna see some of Lexi now!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
It looks great what kind of camera did you say it was. Can you connect it to your printer as well. Does it have Blue tooth ?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by nataliecmu@May 13 2005, 12:40 PM
That's awesome Kristi!
Now, why is there no picture of Lexi on your desk????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62125
[/QUOTE]
Actually there are is blue frame that is hidden behind my monitor is a picture of Lexi and her friend Ellie. Also the pick album on the filing cabinet is full of pictures of Lexi. I'm also going to be blowing up some of her pics into 5X7s or 8X10s and hanging them on the wall (I need some color in my office). I just haven't gotten around to doing that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts