Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
WOW Gorgeous!! This is why I want the Rebel!! It does take beautiful pics!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Wow, those photos are beautiful!! I have a Canon Rebel, too. But, my pics don't look as nice as yours, Pat. Thanks for sharing....I love butterflys, so, I esp. enjoyed these photos. Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Great photo!!

I feel the same way about mine!! LOOOOVE IT!!!! Lynn, do you have the new-ish image stabilized Macro lens? I haven't used my regular lens since getting the Macro!

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I just got a Canon Rebel too! Those are great pictures! What lens are you using?

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put on my longer lens, I think it's 55 - 300. Then I set the camera to macro mode. I really don't know the correct way to use the settings and lenses, but I play around to see what I get.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
wow great shots. I need to get a better camera. I bought one last year and sad I did not do a better one so will be buying another one lol I have a canon i love but it is older and tried the panasonic this time as wanted a smaller one but may have to get the big one this time after seeing your great shots

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I put on my longer lens, I think it's 55 - 300. Then I set the camera to macro mode. I really don't know the correct way to use the settings and lenses, but I play around to see what I get.
If you enjoy close ups and detail you will love the Macro .. it is a whole 'nother world! I had been doing what you're doing ... using the macro setting on the camera but I was bowled over when I saw what this lens could do!!

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
I have the 55-250. I have been using the auto mode. I need really learn to use the camera to it's full potential.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you enjoy close ups and detail you will love the Macro .. it is a whole 'nother world! I had been doing what you're doing ... using the macro setting on the camera but I was bowled over when I saw what this lens could do!!

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM

:w00t::faint: Sher! Are you trying to kill me? That lens was over $1000!!! My gosh that's what I paid for the camera!!!!! Will you buy it for me for Christmas?:innocent:

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Isn't it a fun camera?! I love mine too. I have no clue how to use most of the settings though. I saw that the community college by my house has classes for using your SLR camera...I'm thinking about taking the course just so I can learn to utilize the camera's full potential.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
:w00t::faint: Sher! Are you trying to kill me? That lens was over $1000!!! My gosh that's what I paid for the camera!!!!! Will you buy it for me for Christmas?:innocent:
It's a lot, I know! :brownbag: But honestly, the enjoyment I have gotten from that lens is priceless!! LOL!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great pictures. I have a Nikon D90 which I really enoy. I'm thinking of getting a Canon S95 for an in the purse camera and my husband and I can go out "shooting." It's really small and takes slr quality photos.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Nice closeups Pat. That was one of the first things I tried when I got my Nikon D90 DSLR. The pictures are good, but I agree with Sher that a Macro lens gets the exceptional photos. Too bad the lens is so expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Pat - what fabulous pictures.:chili::chili:I'm so in awe of nature close up. I'm trying to figure out if that's a butterfly or one of those beautiful moths. Not sure how you tell the difference. I remember when my son did some report on them that some butterflies and moths have those large circles that are like eyes on their wings which scare off predators...but apparently not photographers. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:Just beautiful. I'd love a really good camera but don't see that in the cards with my DSs college tuition. :huh:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts