Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for people like me on dial up it takes soooo long to load that a lot of time I give up. I just stopped trying to view a page when it was @ 2.5 mg and had been loading for 10 mins.
Is there anyway that the picture files could be made to be smaller so that they dont take so long to load.
Its still the bestest forum on the WWW tho.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yahoo sbc is having a deal for $14.95/month.

thats my solution. LOL

sorry i cant help you. but i think dsl would be great for you. especially since there are sooo many websites out there that take FOREVER on dial up. you know?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DSL would be great Dr Cathy, but here in nz it just still a bit out of our reach

My partner has his pc going online 24/7 and I dial in at same time. Our pcs are in the process of being networked and will be looking at faster connection as the prices come down.
I know that when a pic is taken from a camera it is a massive size and can be shrunk down and still be as clear, but only take a fraction to load. Just wondering if this would be an option to make the pages faster to load.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
do the signatures at the bottom of the posts slow u down too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a little .... it depends on how graphic intensive they are.
Gosh I sound like a right moaner dont I. Sorry dont mean to be, I love this forum

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
no i was just feeling bad for making every ones signatures and its slowing u down

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by kimmie@Jul 9 2005, 03:12 AM
for people like me on dial up it takes soooo long to load that a lot of time I give up. I just stopped trying to view a page when it was @ 2.5 mg and had  been loading for 10 mins. 
Is there anyway that the picture files could be made to be smaller so that they dont take so long to load.
Its still the bestest forum on the WWW tho. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79744
[/QUOTE]
If there is an easy way to resize, let me know!

I own an Mac, and none of the programs on my computer seems to let me resize- it's a drag I know, for those with dial up! I'm sorry, I know I'm probably one of the guilty!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lady Montava please dont feel guilty your sigs are gorgeous and I love looking at them. Its mainly if there is a large pic posted on the page as well that does the slowing down. I wish I knew something about macs to be able to suggest something, but as much as I have been on pcs for many years, I have never even seen a mac in real life. I know that I use adobe photoshop to resize a picture but I dont know if that kinda program works on a mac. Sorry wish I could be more help.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
also under my controls you can turn off signatures and pictures if you need to

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes thanks Joe , I did know about that bit, but I really love looking at everyones babies. Just wanted to be able to see them without waiting quite as long

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wahooooooooo we now have broadband so can look at all of the pics without waiting forever.
Its sooooooooooo great

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
congratulations on it. I know how excited i was when I first got dsl. I went from a very slow dial up to it. and just wanted to spend days online looking at everything i had missed in the past hehehe

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I'll go along with that, I had dial up back in Australia and it is so slooowwwwwwwwwwww, but since coming to the US I have had DSL and the speed is fantastic, I love it and would never go back to dial up

Congratulations Kimmie on getting you broadband, I know you are going to love the experience

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Hey Kimmie,

How about posting your pin into the member map. Id like to see more folks from australia and nz on!

It would be nice if when we sign up, an option appears automatically to place the pin.

I dont think some folks realise about the member map at the top right hand of the page.

Only my thoughts....

Dede and Chloe from down under

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Oh heck sorry guys I havent been on for awhile and this way of posting is all new to me.
I should have checked it before posting.
sorry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts