Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I always hear you guys talking about buying bows from the internet. I just thought I would let you guys know I make bows. I use ribbons from 5/8 to 3/8 any size you want. All of my bows are double but I can make singles. I treat the ends with anti fray stuff and I use stiffener on the whole bow. I use French clips on the back. I used to get so mad buying the fancy bows with rubber bands on them because they don’t last long. My bows last a long time. You can hand wash them if they get dirty and I will tell you how to puff them up again. I have tons of ribbons and beads jewels and will do anything you request. If you want a certain ribbon or beads you can describe it to me or send me a pic and I will get it to you. They are all hand sewn and they take me sometime about 20 min a pair. I don’t mass produce or anything they are all very detailed. I would gladly make bows for you guys at only $4 for double loop pair $2 for one double loop, $3 for single loop pair and $1.50 for one single loop. If you are interested just email me with ?'s [email protected]

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Originally posted by sassy14830@Feb 11 2005, 11:44 PM
Hey guys I always hear you guys talking about buying bows from the internet. I just thought I would let you guys know I make bows. I use ribbons from 5/8 to 3/8 any size you want. All of my bows are double but I can make singles. I treat the ends with anti fray stuff and I use stiffener on the whole bow. I use French clips on the back. I used to get so mad buying the fancy bows with rubber bands on them because they don’t last long. My bows last a long time. You can hand wash them if they get dirty and I will tell you how to puff them up again. I have tons of ribbons and beads jewels and will do anything you request. If you want a certain ribbon or beads you can describe it to me or send me a pic and I will get it to you. They are all hand sewn and they take me sometime about 20 min a pair. I don’t mass produce or anything they are all very detailed. I would gladly make bows for you guys at only $4 for double loop pair $2 for one double loop, $3 for single loop pair and $1.50 for one single loop. If you are interested just email me with ?'s [email protected]
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34983
[/QUOTE]

Do you make the velvet pairs like the ones they use in shows?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by CharmyPoo+Feb 12 2005, 07:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sassy14830
@Feb 11 2005, 11:44 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34983
Do you make the velvet pairs like the ones they use in shows?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35068
[/B][/QUOTE]

I do not know how to make these

http://www.dog-bows.com/cgi-bin/TheFinishi...D=MV&category=4

I can make ones that look like this with velvet ribbon and what ever center beads or pearl, or gem stones.

http://www.dog-bows.com/cgi-bin/TheFinishi...=5DF&category=0

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thank you. I also make the normal bows. I learned from this DVD I got on ebay. It was great.

Now, I need to figure out how to make the others. I have tried and they always looked so ugly!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Feb 12 2005, 09:32 PM
Thank you.  I also make the normal bows.  I learned from this DVD I got on ebay.  It was great.

Now, I need to figure out how to make the others.  I have tried and they always looked so ugly!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35085
[/QUOTE]

just wondering what is the name of that dvd?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have been wondering when you used stiffener on the bows is that like a product made just for the purpose or what?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Lilly521@Feb 13 2005, 05:29 PM
I have been wondering when you used stiffener on the bows is that like a product made just for the purpose or what?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35154
[/QUOTE]

I use frabric stiffener that I bought at the craft store this is non toxic. It has a very thick texture therefor i water it down a little and just do several coats of it on the bow.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Feb 12 2005, 09:32 PM
Thank you.  I also make the normal bows.  I learned from this DVD I got on ebay.  It was great.

Now, I need to figure out how to make the others.  I have tried and they always looked so ugly!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35085
[/QUOTE]

I would like to thank you for the video reccomendation, I ordered it an it is great I cant wait to revamp my technic and try it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts