Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!!! This is for you puppy lucy!!!!!

My search is over...I picked out my baby boy today!!! He weighs a little over a pound and he is just the most beautiful thing in the world!!!! Sorry no pics though...breeder's wishes until the pup officially becomes mine. There were 4 pups in the litter, but two were already on hold. It was the most difficult decision to choose between the 2 but after a couple of hours I finally decided. I was sooo close to putting a deposit on BOTH of the available puppies!!!

The breeder is wonderful. She has lots of awards from when she showed her maltese, and she has been breeding for over thirty years. Her house is totally decorated with maltese pics and statues and those Danbury plates some of you were talking about here. She has so much knowledge and experience with this breed but she was sooo down to earth and she accepted all of my dumb questions about raising a one year old malt and a baby malt, without making me feel bad about the questions. She even pulled out her photo album which was like a timeline of her whole life with maltese. The pics were so awesome!!!! We spent so long talking about EVERYTHING, and I feel really wonderful about this!!! She doesn't breed very frequently, so I guess I got lucky in finding her at the perfect time. She usually has a wait list, but it turns out the other person interested in the pups wanted both boys to use as studs, so she was off the list.

Back to the parents, they are pure white and perfect examples of maltese. They had perfectly white faces, which is a change for me because Peanut has a little staining. Their hair is soo gorgeous!! The daddy was in a puppy cut and the mommy was in a full coat (her underside was very short, she got shaved when she became a mama) They are definately the most beautiful maltese I've ever seen in person. Peanut excluded of course

The other breeders I met today were not good. No offense to them, but one sells to pet stores. This came out during our question and answer session. I was quick to leave after that.

The 2nd breeder lead me to believe that she only bred maltese when we spoke on the phone, but when I got to her house there were so many dogs. I mean large, medium, and small breeds running around in the same room. I honestly felt like I was at the zoo. I wouldn't have been so quick to judge if say, she had maltese and yorkies, but maltese, border collies, and labs aren't really similar dogs. I don't see how someone could breed totally different kinds of dogs and be able to be an expert. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it seemed odd to me. I'm so glad that I didn't give up my search today...the snows coming down pretty hard here and I almost went home after the 2nd breeder. I would have missed my little prince
Thank goodness I stuck with the search!!!! I got lucky, I was expecting to wait months and months to get my new puppy, but he'll be home in a few weeks!!!!!

Thanks for reading all my rambles!! I'm so excited

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Your post totally made me smile :lol: Your breeder sounds soooooo amazing
Do you have name ideas? How did you pick out the little rockstar? How old was he today?

God I think I'm more excited about this than you are
Congratulations. I can't wait to hear about your new baby. How do you think Peanut will react?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
By the way - good for you for walking out of the first and second breeders homes. Come on, labs, collies, and maltese!? That's ridiculous.

I dunno if I would've been that strong - if I saw a cute face, I'd be sold :lol:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congratulations! I have a question for you, what made you pick your little guy over the other one? Tell us about him.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! It was so hard to walk out with those cute faces staring back at me. I'm still working on the name thing. I have a few idea's but I'm still not sure yet. I don't know how I picked the pup I did...I kinda just decided after an hour of playing

I think Peanut will be fine with the puppy. He usually likes animals that are his size or smaller. If anything I think Peanut will have to take a few days to warm up to the puppy. My bf got a dog when Peanut was about 6 or 7 months and after a day, Peanut couldn't live without Shrek.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 20202@Mar 12 2005, 04:50 PM
Congratulations!  I have a question for you, what made you pick your little guy over the other one?  Tell us about him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=42630
[/QUOTE]
I was really trying to match Peanut's personality with how the puppies were acting. One was more shy than the other, but when the shy one warmed up to us, I just had to have him!!! I took him to another room alone to play and he just acted like Peanut. I think they will compliment each other very well.

The pics will be up as soon as I get the puppy. You all will be the first to see my new little guy, I promise!!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yipee!!!!!
Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear a name!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awwww. I'm so happy you finally found the perfect baby! I can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Congratulations. It was so much fun when I finally found the perfect breeder and was able to go and visit with Lacey before see came home. When I was looking for a maltese I had a boy and girl's name picked out. Lacey and Duncan. I thought Duncan was so cute for a little boy. Big, strong name for a little dog.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts