Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you been separated from your babies (fur or skin kind)? I am doing externships in SF and couldn't find a place close to school that would allow me to keep Miko with me. Since this is only temporary (for 2 whole, long months), I had to let my husband keep Miko. And now I am soooo sad
. I know my husband will take good care of him and they will definitely have tons of fun together but I am soooo lonely without Miko!!!
Help!!!

PS. I will see Miko and my husband probably in 2 weeks for a weekend, maybe sooner if I or he will make the 6 hr drive.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww i missed parker too when i was on my externship..plus my cat was in the hospital at the same time...but soon i was so busy on my externship that it really helped. of course i got to see animals all the time and it was only for a month. hopefully the time will fly for u. maybe get a web cam or something..i did that with my hubby and when he put parker on the screen i cried..but it was nice seeing him. good luck on ur externship...hope u learn more than i did on mine.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Oh, you poor thing. I know it must be horrible being in a strange place, and not having your baby with you.
I want to drive over to Texas this weekend to see my daughters and grandchildren (son-in-law too), but I hate to leave my crew here. Right now, my daugher is renting, and there is a $500 a day fine if an animal is on the property. So, even if I take my motorhome, I still can't take the dogs. You can bet it will be a short visit though.
Just hang in there and count the days until your two guys are back with you.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, you guys!! My hubby and Miko just left tonight and today was my first day. I do love it here so much though -- Bay Area is the best in the whole country!! I have to work hard for Miko, my husband and myself (so we can all live together next year).

Just in case it wasn't clear -- I will be missing my husband too.
But I just never have been away from Miko for lover than a day or two ever since we got him over 2 yrs ago.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Oh gosh that is so sad you poor thing!! I had to leave Ruby Jean once and I was just sick about it....instead of enjoying my time away I couldn't wait to get home. My hubby and I have decided to only go places she can go too. So no more cruises--oh well. Its amazing what these little white fluffs do to us!!

Sorry I'm not much help....

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Poor you! I hope the time will zip by until you can be with Miko and your cute husband again. Bet they'll keep you busy, but hope you'll have time to enjoy the Bay area. It is one of my three favorite areas in the US (the others being Boston and New Orleans (preKatrina)). We'll help you pass the time!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
awwww...i have a hard time when i'm away from buttercup, too. just keep busy! like jaimie said, you'll be so busy you will be glad that you arent being neglectful with miko missing you! when i worked 16-hr days at the ballpark, i would always feel so guilty coming home and going right to bed and not spending good playtime with buttercup.
just keep thinking "i'm doing this so one day i can make lots of money to buy miko lots of really nice things!" LOL

ann marie and the "noselicks to you!" buttercup

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Not wanting to leave my babies is a HUGE MAJOR MEGA ULTRA (as my students would put it) reason that I rarely go back to the States to visit my family. I simply do NOT want to have an entire ocean PLUS a great deal of land separating us.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
aww thats so sad! I know I can't wait to get home to see my girl no matter how long I am gone, so 2 months is a long time. I'm sure time will just fly though! I like LadyM's idea of a video cam
Sometimes I will put my bf on speaker and Phoebe listens to him talking
and she'll bark.

The buttercup's mom is right too. You'll make it up to him!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I am sorry that you have to go through this separation, i can only tell you that you have a really great oportunity to work and have a better life. So think about that and the day that will go back home and receive the love of your husband and little Miko.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Awww! I know just how you feel. I went to a last minute family reunion with my brother and father and while I was gone I missed Baby Gizmo terribly. I called several times a day to check on them and they were doing fine, but I wasn't. My husband even put the phone up to his head so he could hear me. I am the only one that calls him Gizziemoto. My husband said when he heard me say it he went crazy wanting the phone. My husband told me that he would lay on my pillow the whole day and only go out to potty and to eat. Let me tell you when I got home I never seen such a happy little man. It was days before he would let me out of his sight and he stayed right by my side the whole time. It is funny how they are such sweethearts.
Hopefully it won't be too long before you are finished with school and spend all yur time with your furbaby and husband. My mother always tells me that "Abscense makes the heart grow fonder".

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so my husband has been struggling with Miko's topknots all of last week. Other than that apparently everything is going well and they are having a blast (mommy is jealous of course). He sent me a picture using cell phone camera of his best attempt at a topknot. I thought it was the funniest thing -- Miko looks like a pirate with a patch
. Here it is:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts