Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone.

I am now back from vacation and healthy enough to write again. And boy do I have a bunch of things I need help or suggestions about. I will do a couple of threads. First though, Teddy was awesome while I was away. He was the hit of the airport...I could not beleive how many people came up to us and wanted to know all about him...and how many had either a maltese or maltipoo or something similiar. I took him out of his carrier while we sat in the airport and he just got loved so much...in all my years of travel I have never seen or heard another dog...and of course, we had another dog on board this time...a schnuzer who was very vocal and hyper. The own said that she had given him any number of calming drugs and he was still nuts...I took Teddy away from him when I could. Of course when we got on board the flight attendant said, "I have a maltese also" which made me feel so much calmer. I knew she would understand and she did. Poor Teddy did not understand if I was sitting right there why he could not sit on my lap...once we took off...he did just that...with the flight attendant passing me a note and a blanket saying that if she did not see him she would not have to have him put away. He was great and stayed under the blanket. Same on the way home although I did ask for the blanket as we boarded and took him out pretty quickly after boarding (I had given him benadryl on the way home thinking it would help him, but it seemed to make him more hyper so I won't do that again) He has a great personality and was pretty darn good without the drugs and I think he would not have said a word if not for the other dog carrying on like a banchy.

I recommended this site over and over again....asking as people talked if they were a member...I hope at least some stop by. When we got to the hotel, the clerk also was owned by a Maltese (older female LOL I mean the puppy she has not her per se) and she just loved Teddy. He did great in the room, when I had to leave him...I only did this limited and he was just like home...curled up on my bed and went to sleep.

He could have done without the boat trip I think although he did not complain at all...I think the speed of the boat and the wind was a little much for him. I held on tight to the life perserver I got for him and he was so darn cute in it....my daughter would not even touch him though because she was afraid he would fall over board and I would kill her....she may have been right. Once at the dock...he walked right off the boat after me....too cute and funny.

I am glad I took him with me...I don't think I will ever travel again without him....I just like having him around me...I feel myself get calmer with him and he is so attached to me...this was even more apparent then when we are home...and he makes it clear there also. He would not take his eyes off me and everyone commented how much he loved me...the feeling is so mutual.

I was very careful with the Florida sun and he did not get burned at all...although he does have darker areas of his skin...on his belly for some reason.

Anyway, it is nice to be back. I am sure I missed loads of helpful things and look forward to reading up.

Susan

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Susan, Welcome back!!!

Oh, I loved reading of your adventure. What a great story. That is sooo neat that the flight attendant gave you a blanket and note.... how lucky was that!!!

I am so glad that things worked out so well for you... and Teddy! Yea!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So glad that your trip was great and that Teddy was such an amazing travel companion. Good for you!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone for the welcome home.

Teddy and I did have a great time....he needed to sleep for three days straight it seemed just to recoup. I was getting worried about him for a bit there because he was so tired...but then I realized that so was I.

Glad to be home.

Susan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts