Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

I missed you all!

2K views 36 replies 31 participants last post by  Teddyandme 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I missed you all so much and to be honest hope that I am going to be on regularly again, but not sure at any given moment. In the past couple of weeks I have been on a roller coaster ride that quite frankly, I would like to get off of.

It all started when I was making pudding (I make fat free, sugar free for the Weight Watchers Diet and have for years as it is my only milk) anyway, as I was making this at the stove, I kept almost passing out - catching myself only by running to lay down. Well, this quickly moved from when I made pudding to almost all the time when I was standing....at the same time I was having chest pains as well as pains in my legs and arms and basically everywhere else. I was set up to have all kinds of test run on my heart and also to see a reumatologist for the pain. The cardiologist has run a bunch of tests - some I failed and some I passed. Thankfully - I passed my Echo Cardiogram which means I should not have a heart attach soon. But, I failed what is called a Tilt Table Test - because I passed out cold from it and also my 24 hour halter monitor which showed that my heart was doing funky things. Cardiologist now has me on a medication which he started very slowly because of my other health problem which is Angio Edema (swelling of the throat, abdomin or pancreas as well as other sites not so life threatening).

The reumatologist also determined that I had bursitis in both hips and also a bad case of Fibra-Myalgia which is painful most of the time. I was given cortizone shots in the hips but it did nothing so now I am off to a physical therapist for both conditions.

I am now thinking that if I just got fat and stopped the weight watchers - and ate the good fat of regular pudding life would be good
JK

Now, I also at the same time had a flooded basement which the fire department had to come and pump out - lots of my daughters things were lost as she moved back in and was storing some things. Mold had to be remediated.

I also at the same time was told by my boss that the company I work for may not exist in less than a month. So, with my health issue and not being able to look for a job I looked into short term disability and found that this would not cover even my living expense to live in the condo - let alone car and eating. How do people do this.

So, I am sorry this is long and even sorrier that I have been absent. I know that many of you have had things happen and I would have been there to give a prayer or hug, so please feel those things now.

It is just so hard sometimes to even get the strength to get up let alone type.

Take care everyone.

Susan

See less See more
#5 ·
OMG Susan, you have been through so much lately. My heart goes out to you. I surely hope that the doctors can help you back to health again. I am sorry to hear about your job, too. Gosh, I just feel so badly for you. I will be thinking of you and hope that your life turns around for the better. You are such a joy to have here on SM. I hope you will be well enough to post often.

#10 ·
Hi Susan,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many problems. I hope that things will get better for you real soon and that you'll be able to come here and post. I'm sure that Teddy has been a wonderful comfort to you at such a trying time.

#15 ·
Susan, I do hope that things turn out better for you. I would definitely speak to the benefits person at the place where you work regarding disability payments and options. Also, check with your homeowners insurance because you may be covered if you have flood coverage (same for mold coverage). I really hope better days are on your horizion.

#18 ·
im sorry to hear u are having problems again
hang in there! we r thinking of u...if u need n e thing, just let us know

#22 ·
I am so very sorry to hear of your troubles.
But, know this......

this too shall pass
. </span>In one week, I found out that I needed open-heart surgery, lost my disability beneftis, my hubby who had started a new job had an accident in the company truck (his new company) and broke his collarbone. He wasn't able to help me after surgery and felt awful. But the GOOD news is that folks at work pullled together for me.........and today........it is all history.

You will be fine.........it is just <span style="color:red">so very very hard while you are going thru it!!

May God bless and heal you!!!!!!

LoriG

#26 ·
The people on this forum truly are the best people in the world...thank you all so much for brightening my day and my spirits. I know from experience that each of you mean every word.

3Maltmom, you and I talk outside of this forum and yet it has never been mentioned that my closest family and friends call me Suz....I have always hated Sue, and years ago when I babysat my cousins (they are considered my first children so get away with things others never could) started to call me Suz....it is a name I love because so much love is within it. You too have put a smile on my face.

Lori G - I am and always have been a positive person....I have already lived through the worst...with my husband dying when I was just 31 and then having to have a hysterectomy surgery just months later. I know that I will get through this, because I know that God has a plan and although there are days when I am crying in pain and frustration....I try very hard to keep the thought that God strenghens me every single minute of every day.

To each and every person who wrote and said prayers and sent hugs...thank you, they mean more than I can ever express.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.