Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to close off my kitchen area. Frosty is starting (poor old guy!) to have a problem waiting longer than around 3 hours to potty, so I'd like be able to keep him on the vinyl floor if we are gone longer than that. The "door way" is not a door, but a opening 60" wide. I've got several catalogs with various gates that go to 42" but not to 60". I've Googled it but no luck so far. Any ideas? I've looked at a playpen instead, but we really don't have room for that. My house is tiny. I really want a "gate" that can open and close. I plan to get a puppy when Frosty crosses the bridge, so it would be great for that. I may have to try a belly ban for him, but that will be a terrible fight. He's not liking to be messed with at this stage.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had to buy two cause I could not find one long enough or tall enough but got this one at Pet edge can't remember for sure the price but I do love it though. I have some jumpers so one was not tall enough

Char
[attachment=706:attachment]

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check out baby stores-a friend of mine has her entire house sectioned off for the baby-her openings are at least that big.

I'll check around too! (Love shopping-LOVE it...)

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
My daughter's condo has a library with a big door opening. We needed to close this room off when we are gone because of all the computer cords, etc. We couldn't find a gate that was easily removable for such a wide opening so we went to Lowes/Home Depot and bought a piece of plastic latticework that is 24" wide. It is 8 ft. long but they were willing to cut it for us to 65". Then we got a couple of hooks and put them down low. We just hook the lattice to the opening and the dogs can't get into the room. You buy this lattice in the building supplies area. You can also get some plastic edging to finish it off so that it looks nicer and has no rough edges.

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to buy two cause I could not find one long enough or tall enough but got this one at Pet edge can't remember for sure the price but I do love it though. I have some jumpers so one was not tall enough

Char
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought one like yours through Amazon.com (comes from Babys R US) for $39.99. JB Wholesale wanted $54.95.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts