Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am here to offer my sincerest apology to Yeager and the rest of the Maltese community here...

Long story short...I tried to cut Yeager's hair with a small scissor. Yeager's getting pretty shaggy, and when I was trimming his facial hair, I thought I should try to trim the rest of his body too. I mean, it can't be that hard right??

5 minutes later...my precious Yeager has patchy fur. I feel so sorry for him and so bad when I look at my baby looking like he wasn't well cared for :bysmilie: I can tell Yeager's not happy about it either..since he tried to bury the scissor under his bed when I was cleaning up :(

I'm going to make a grooming appointment tomorrow to get him a shorter puppy cut this weekend. SIGH.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
You've got hugs coming your way!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Don't feel bad-- it could have happened to anyone! I used to get scissor happy with my pups too. I'm sure Yeager still looks totally adorable. You're already taking him to the groomer this w/e. And even if you didn't, puppies grow hair super fast!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:grouphug:
thank you guys for the support, I feel better now after reading your encouraging words. I got really scissor happy I guess, and now he's missing chunks of hair at various places on his body. It's super obvious too!! I felt pretty sorry for Yeager since all the fluffs here look like princesses and princes and here we have a real bum! haha I still love him the same.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh it's okay, and here's a Mommy hug, I know sometimes I had Mia and Leo cut too short, and it's only hair, but you do feel so bad, but boy does it grow back fast.

Lots of love and hugs to you.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Yeager was burying the scissors so he could use them on your hair when you're sleeping:new_shocked::new_shocked: I'd suggest staying up all night and taking one groomer in the morning.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:Don't worry. The best thing is the unconditional love we get from our fluffs. They don't care when we get a little overzealous at times. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: no worries, that is what clothes are for :thumbsup::thumbsup: they hide a multitude of sins.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Oh believe me, I've done some quality hack jobs. In fact, you should see Lois right now. OMG. Talk about a hack job. She is too embarrassing to even take to the groomer :smilie_tischkante:

Clippers are definitely easier to do the body

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I guess most of us has some sort of experience in that department. :blush:
me too...

Three of my four will be at our groomer in one hour (I gotta go get ready!)
I've learned my lesson, LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
:sLo_grouphug3: When I got my first Malt, I decided to do my own grooming. I actually had a groomer cut my boy like a poodle! I went down to Walmart and got a clipper set and went to work. Let me tell you, I gave a lot of bad haircuts. :smpullhair: Gradually, I got better and better. If I can do it, anyone can. The good thing is, the hair does grow back! That's funny about Yeager hiding the scissors. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Sarah,

I am sure that most of us have been in your shoes. G-d knows I have (more than once!) I would trim my sweet Emily, she was a cocker, in-between her regular grooming -

Mr. Yeager's will grow out - I’m sure that YOU think the cut looks hideous, but to anyone else, he looks adorable - nothing can distract from that face of his.

Allie

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I feel your pain....it looks like easier than it is and when you add a moving puppy it's even more of a challenge. And then there's there's the point of no return:w00t:.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Bogie has bravely sported all the haircuts I have given him. There were plenty of bad ones in the beginning, but the hair grows and he loves me no matter how silly I make him look. If you are serious about doing your own grooming, invest in a DVD, buy the right tools (a good set of clippers, curved blade scissors, and thinning shears) and give yourself some time to learn. Yeager really doesn't care what his hair looks like, just how you react to him. Soooo... if you get scissor happy, be sure to tell him how adorable he is and smile everytime you look at him. It really helps.

By the way, It took me a couple of videos and about 9 months before I was really happy with my grooming results. Now he gets compliments on his grooming and we both enjoy the process. Hugs!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
What if you were like me......I bought a very expensive pair of clippers when I got CeeCee. I am afraid to use them. They are somewhere in the basement, never been used. I sissor cut both my girls......I am so afraid with the clippers that I will cut them. I also have this fear that if I take them to the groomers, they will get a staph infection or fungus and I just will not do that. The two groomers that we have in our small town, when I visited them, were not clean at all. I wish I could find someone out of town, anywhere that could do a good job. I found someone on the internet, that professed award winning cuts but when I called the shop, they acted as if they had never heard of the cut I described. They tried to tell me how they wanted her hair to be cut. I was nice but hung up and never called them again......it is so hard to find a good groomer. For those of you that have the darling hair cuts and have a clean shop to go to, I am envious to say the least!!!! I do pretty good sissor cutting them.:chili:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you guys for all the great responses, they really made me laugh!! I feel so much better now, and I'm surprised to see that other people have been there before too haha. I guess at some point we all want to explore our artist/sculpture/fashion diva side on our fluffs :innocent:

Yeager was burying the scissors so he could use them on your hair when you're sleeping:new_shocked::new_shocked:
oh I just saw this message now! thank god I took away the scissor from him already last night, who knows what he was plotting in his little mind :HistericalSmiley:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: no worries, that is what clothes are for :thumbsup::thumbsup: they hide a multitude of sins.
haha yes! so true. I don't have any clothes for Yeager though :\ since I never saw the need, but I'm set on getting him some cuter sweaters this winter.

She is too embarrassing to even take to the groomer :smilie_tischkante:
That's what I feel like with Yeager right now! How am I going to explain why there are missing patches of fur on his body to the groomer?? a BIG :oops:

:grouphug: been there done that and got the t-shirt ...
aww haha :hugging:

I did something similar to Matilda a few years ago:blink: learned my lesson:HistericalSmiley:
I learned my lesson too :amen:

Oh it's okay, and here's a Mommy hug, I know sometimes I had Mia and Leo cut too short, and it's only hair, but you do feel so bad, but boy does it grow back fast.

Lots of love and hugs to you.
:grouphug: Gotta remember it's only hair! I just feel sorry for the poor helpless Yeager, yes and I know his hair grows back fast, since that's how he got so shaggy in the first place!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts