Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting here in tears this evening. I just recieved a nasty gram from someone on Dogster saying that because Flurry has 6,000 puppy pals I am exploiting him and frowned upon by all dogster. The truth of the matter is that I am disabled. I had extensive surgery that saved my life, thank God, unfortunately it left me disabled. I tried one reconstructive surgery but it was unsuccessful. So I enjoy connecting to dog lovers, poets and various websites online. Out of the 6000 pals I have 10 who write on a regular basis and are really great people and dog lovers. I am so happy to have connected with them. Here everyone is soooooo nice and I wanted to thank you for being sooo nice to me. I was even told I was missed by someone here and I want you to know just how much it has made my day. You really made me smile. Do you tink I am expoiting my dog when I write in his diary from his point of view and connect with the outside world? Flurry and Flake are a huge part of my heart, my life, and I feel sooo sad. They satay by my side evryday all day long, I love them sooo much. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have never heard of something that stupid!! What do they think, that you are a "stage mother". If someone has that much time on their hands to write to someone to tell them they were "exploiting" a dog, I would just laugh it off. They take themselves MUCH to seriously!! We are all here because we love our pets, and if someone can't see that, well, then they are the ones with the problem.

I went to your dogster page today and was delighted with your pictures, they were adorable. It's not like your selling nudes or anything.

:D :D and ignore them !!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
First off, Holy Crap that's a lot of puppy pals! I think that's great. I think it is great that you love your dogs that much.

Second off I say turn their a$$ in for the nasty email.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
At the bottom of each dogster page there is a link "Is there anything inappropriate in this entry? Tell Dogster!"

Also when viewing dogster email there is a link at the bottom of the page that says "Dogster Messaging is a new feature meant for fun and friendly use. If you experience any problems, have any suggestions, or witness any inappropriate usage, drop us a line and let us know."

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by sherylmint@Jan 25 2005, 05:15 PM
I am sitting here in tears this evening. I just recieved a nasty gram from someone on Dogster saying that because Flurry has 6,000 puppy pals I am exploiting him and frowned upon by all dogster. The truth of the matter is that I am disabled. I had extensive surgery that saved my life, thank God, unfortunately it left me disabled. I tried one reconstructive surgery but it was unsuccessful. So I enjoy connecting to dog lovers, poets and various websites online. Out of the 6000 pals I have 10 who write on a regular basis and are really great people and dog lovers. I am so happy to have connected with them. Here everyone is soooooo nice and I wanted to thank you for being sooo nice to me. I was even told I was missed by someone here and I want you to know just how much it has made my day. You really made me smile. Do you tink I am expoiting my dog when I write in his diary from his point of view and connect with the outside world? Flurry and Flake are a huge part of my heart, my life, and I feel sooo sad. They satay by my side evryday all day long, I love them sooo much. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31419
[/QUOTE]

HUH!!!! I thought it was to SHARE our common interest ... call me crazy but hey how are u exploiding youre dog??? I am NOT getting it...
Did they explain HOW you exploiding youre dog?
Maybe they just mad because they dont have as many dog friends as you!!!
You can PLEASE everyone..... so just please ureself....and be happy with ureself

·
Registered
499 Posts
Obviously not sent by a dog person, someone who loves dogs wouldn't be so mean spirited. Some people just love to be nasty--ignore them and enjoy all the new friends that Flurry helped you make!
Quincymom

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I've never been to dogster. Maybe I'll check it out. I think its GREAT that you've made some friends there. Long ago I made a friend on a bichon board and we exchanged Christmas cards and photos for a many years. Don't let one person get you upset. There are some people who go on boards stirring stuff up. I think they are called trolls. Meanwhile, you could just spend lots of extra time here! I like hearing about your furkids!
Susan

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good for you! I'm glad you reported the loser!! Don't get upset, I for one enjoy talking to you on Dogster and I was tickled when you found me by accident on that site instead of here! You know, there's always gotta be one jerk who tries to spread misery because they can't stand that anyone else is happy and content with their lives. So I say ignore the creep, you are a great person and you don't need a moron like this dragging you down. As someone else said, he's probably just jealous. SO SMILE!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Sheryl, I'm so glad you reported this nut case.
That needed to be done, for sure. I am so sorry that it has upset you so. This person is a low-life and doesn't know you so he/she is mighty brazen when emailing. Wonder if they would be so brave in person. I know it is easier said than done but please don't let it ruin your day. This sicko is not worth it.

One thing you might consider in the future is to put a note with your request for pup pals that says you have a lot of pup pals but they are all special to you, etc. That way people will know up front that you aren't just trying to gather as many as possible or "exploiting Dogster" and yet you won't have to tell them too much about your personal life (unless, of course, you want to). It may help keep something like this from happening again. Just a thought.. . (I'm a problem solver at heart.)

Glad to see you posting on SM.... !!

P.S. I just now went to Dogster and gave Flurry a bone!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Good for you for reporting that jerk!! You do whatever you want to, whenever you want to, and why a complete stranger needs to make these comments is beyond me. Peanut and I hope you are feeling better now
Don't let one person get you down.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
As you can see, the majority rules. Don't listen to people on CRACK!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Oh my gosh, what a selfish, heartless person that was to say that to you! They need to realize that all 6000 (that is a ton, no...3 tons!
) pals of Flurry all accepted his pup pal invitation. I think they must be very jealous at how many friends lil' Flurry has. I am also glad you reported them. They had no right to make a hurtful comment at all, obviously they were not in it for the love of the dog. -_- I think that is really great to have so many pup pals!
Also I think Flurry and Flake are 2 very special and lucky furbabies to have such a loving Mommy.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
OK, I just did a page for Sadie & Sassy. Be sure to add us so you'll have even more pals!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Sheryl,

I went to your baby's page and I can immediately sense the LOVE and the WARMTH you have for your dogs.

So pay no attention to them. Perhaps they are only jealous of your popularity, and besides, you have plenty of pals here.

we're your family and friends.

Mimi and Paris

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker just added to flurry's pals!!!!!
may he have 6,000 more

1 - 20 of 24 Posts