Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help ... I want to enter a competition to win a $20K makeover of one room - Hello New Kitchen!!!! .... I need to write in 25 words or less, why I deserve to win .... It needs to be original and interesting ... otherwise I would go with the "I am poor & I need a new kitchen" line .....

Yes, $20K is a heck of a lot for one room ... the prize includes a 'well known interior designer' (who Ive never heard of), which is valued at $5.5K. plus all paint, materials etc ... and if it doesnt cost $20K, they will give the winner a cheque of the balance, up to $10K.

Background: I am single and my 40th birthday coincided with moving in ... the most expensive present I have ever bought!! Its my very first home, its OLD (like 60 yrs old), and I dont have modern tastes, I would like to renovate in 'vintage' style (if that makes sense) I want whatever renovations I do to the house to suit its age.

In my entry I have to nominate ONE room for the makeover ... my choice is the kitchen.

PLEASE post your suggestions for my entry!!!!! 25 words or less ... on "why I need a $20K Designer Makeover"

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
You want someone else to actually write it for you?
You just wrote over 25 words in your post. Maybe you could write it first- and then have someone edit it for you if you aren't confident in your writing skills.

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
I agree - you're turning 40, this is the most expensive present, etc. Instead of a makeover for yourself, you'd like one for the house.

Write it and we'll help "wordsmith" it for you!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want someone else to actually write it for you?
You just wrote over 25 words in your post. Maybe you could write it first- and then have someone edit it for you if you aren't confident in your writing skills.
Wow!! Harsh! Ouch! But thanks for your feedback, obviously I wasnt clear in my original post.

No, I don't want someone to write it for me, I wanted suggestions & input on my entry.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
You could introduce it with 'everything old is new again...and old again" and say how you would like help making your old kitchen old....vintage.

I just realized how short 25 words is.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I didn't mean to be 'harsh' at all, but I don't think you were clear in your request- I must have misread it. Suggestions and input make more sense, to me.

I think you're on the right track though, in saying what you did...you bought an older house as a BD present for yourself and you would love to have the opportunity to restore a room to it's former glory..something like that.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Isn't 40 the age of the "midlife chrisis" Tell them you and your kitchen are going though a midlife chrisis and you both need a makeover!

BTW,if you win w/ that,you can send me the leftover $$$. I'm 6 years overdue for my midlife chrisis...LOL!

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Isn't 40 the age of the "midlife chrisis" Tell them you and your kitchen are going though a midlife chrisis and you both need a makeover!

BTW,if you win w/ that,you can send me the leftover $$$. I'm 6 years overdue for my midlife chrisis...LOL!
Yes, I don't think the mentioning turning 40 thing and incorporating it a kitchen makeover is harsh at all. I think it'll stand out among other applicants--you need something to catch their attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts