Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Our store is set to open next Saturday. I have to submit this ad to the local paper by 12noon on Monday.

This is what we have for it so far. Any other suggestions??? I have a few more hours to make changes!

by the way this is going to be a quarter page black and white ad in the Dallas Observer.

Thanks!!!

Casey

EDIT *** THERE IS AN UPDATED VERSION BELOW THIS ONE ***

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Oct 17 2004, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

Our store is set to open next Saturday.  I have to submit this ad to the local paper by 12noon on Monday. 

This is what we have for it so far.  Any other suggestions???  I have a few more hours to make changes!

Thanks!!!

Casey

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12242
[/QUOTE]

Hi Casey, You've done a great job with it... That photo is gorgeous. I have just a few tweaks... (I've been involved in advertising and marketing for about 20 years...) I am a known "nit picker"! Glad to help you any time....

1. I wouldn't put an exclamation point on both of the lines... it loses its power when over-used. I would use it on one line only.

2. Capitilize the "H" in Halloween

3. In the space across the bottom, it might look good with a bullet centered between each portion of the address such as between "Road" and Frisco", between "TX" and "972", etc.

4. In the map area I would lowercase the "O" in "outside" since it is a sentence and "near" does not have a capital "n".

5. I might try making the "GlamourDog" headline a little bit smaller and the sub head Designer Dog Collars, etc. larger since that is really what will draw people in. Or do something else to make sure the sub head really shows up. When I first saw "Glamour Dog" for some reason I thought it was dog portraits, so letting people know what your business is all about is very important.

6. And Most Important: You need to add the hours of the Grand Opening and I would also add the days/hours of operation of your store.

Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Kallie/Catchers Mom+Oct 17 2004, 03:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GlamourDog
@Oct 17 2004, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

Our store is set to open next Saturday.  I have to submit this ad to the local paper by 12noon on Monday. 

This is what we have for it so far.  Any other suggestions???  I have a few more hours to make changes!

Thanks!!!

Casey

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12242
Hi Casey, You've done a great job with it... That photo is gorgeous. I have just a few tweaks... (I've been involved in advertising and marketing for about 20 years...) I am a known "nit picker"! Glad to help you any time....

1. I wouldn't put an exclamation point on both of the lines... it loses its power when over-used. I would use it on one line only.

2. Capitilize the "H" in Halloween

3. In the space across the bottom, it might look good with a bullet centered between each portion of the address such as between "Road" and Frisco", between "TX" and "972", etc.

4. In the map area I would lowercase the "O" in "outside" since it is a sentence and "near" does not have a capital "n".

5. I might try making the "GlamourDog" headline a little bit smaller and the sub head Designer Dog Collars, etc. larger since that is really what will draw people in. Or do something else to make sure the sub head really shows up. When I first saw "Glamour Dog" for some reason I thought it was dog portraits, so letting people know what your business is all about is very important.

6. And Most Important: You need to add the hours of the Grand Opening and I would also add the days/hours of operation of your store.

Good Luck!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12246
[/B][/QUOTE]

Kallie!

I love you!!
I was a designer in a Marketing department for the last 6 years before we started GlamourDog, you are the exact person I'm missing!! the crucial nitpicker that makes it perfect!!!

Making changes now! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Oct 17 2004, 04:40 PM
Kallie!

I love you!!
  I was a designer in a Marketing department for the last 6 years before we started GlamourDog, you are the exact person I'm missing!! the crucial nitpicker that makes it perfect!!!

Making changes now! THANK YOU THANK YOU!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12248
[/QUOTE]

My pleasure... truly... any time!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I thought it looked great...and then I read Kallie's critique...and saw the little stuff...ha ha...she def. has an eye for that...I was looking at the overall picture...I don't guess I could get past the awesome picture...Great Job Glamour Dog...and Kallie...you are very good too!!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok all,

Here is an update if Kallie, or anyone else has some more ideas!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Looks great to me....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by GlamourDog@Oct 17 2004, 05:38 PM
Ok all,

Here is an update if Kallie, or anyone else has some more ideas!

Thanks!
YES!! You nailed it
.... Ready to print!

Best of luck next weekend.

J

·
0 Posts
It looks GREAT! Wish I could be there for the grand opening but l live in Ohio. Oh well...best of luck, or break a leg...don't know what the approiate saying is when one opens a store. Love the picture!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If I ever open a doggie boutique, You guys BETTER help me! LOL

Kallie/Catcher's mom-When ppl ask me to critique their stuff like websites and essays, I do the same thing as you...I let them have it. HEHE I'm actually better at critiquing than doing stuff myself.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 17 2004, 09:00 PM
If I ever open a doggie boutique, You guys BETTER help me! LOL

Kallie/Catcher's mom-When ppl ask me to critique their stuff like websites and essays, I do the same thing as you...I let them have it.  HEHE  I'm actually better at critiquing than doing stuff myself.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12275
[/QUOTE]

I do agree that it is always easier to critique than be the one to do the creative in the first place. And it is very hard to critique one's own work... we just get too close to it, so it is always good to have someone removed from the project to have a fresh look at it.

At my job, I'm involved with both sides of the project at various times. I do a lot of this nitpicking, though, in my job..... So it is just second nature to me! I can't help it! :D

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Nichole@Oct 18 2004, 01:08 AM
GOOD LUCK WITH THE GRAND OPENING!

The ad looks fabulous! 

Kallie/Catchers Mom--wonderful suggestions!  I love the ad industry--it fasicinates me.  I would love to go back to school to do that.  LOL  I have to many degrees and no job!  LOL

Glamourdog--Crazy question--is that your Malt in the ad?  I'm so jealous of the beautiful coat. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12300
[/QUOTE]

Actually, that is a model in that picture.
not one of our girls. Although our oldest has taken some very nice shots, I can't take credit for that one.

That picture was from one of our suppliers, so I have never even had the pleasure of meeting that little guy/girl?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
looks great. you should get a photographer to go on that opening and take pictures and then put it on the site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts