Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told all of you that my mom and i are in the process of opening a online retail store carrying only unique gift accesories and i am doing a page of a pet line
we have 4 designers one line we are carrying is a gorgeous belt line i have never seen such beautiful belts ( Buckles) in my life so thats one line
how many people on here wear belts

2nd question is we found a bag designer
3rd a jewlery designer
and my most favorite is a women who makes custom coats for our babies
her fall and winter collection is beautiful and she custom makes the coats to fit your furbabies

how many people would buy a custom made coat
now mind you these designers sell to others but they arent all over the internet and there lines are unqiue which is what we are striving for
the name of our site which is under construction is
www.thefashionplate.com
your opinons especially about the coats is important
also about the other lines we will be carrying
i well tell you that the belts with the custom made buckles will run about 175.00
bags about 200.00
the jewlery it depends
the custom made coats will run any where between 30.00 and 60.00

so please give me your opinions
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Sorry to say, but I would not spend 30 or 60 $ on a custom made coat for Alex that he might wear just once a year. But that's me.
I would not spend 200 $ on a bag either.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
That is a good price for a custom made item...especially if its a high quality dog coat which is comfortable and practical. I deal with many high quality designers for dogs, and that retail is reasonable.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I always have to add in shipping and the fact that it might not ever arrive to the cost listed on websites, so that deters me from buying a lot of things that I might have otherwise. I bought doggles for Little C twice already and neither pair ever arrived. The first pair was sent first to my mother who sent it on. The second pair was sent here directly. Again, neither arrived and I will never order doggles again because of this.

But other than that, if the price and quality are right, there is little I would not buy for my babies.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont understand why your shipment never arrived what kind of a company was it
anyway that stinks
as for not wanting to buy a bag for 200.00 , thats not my thing either but there are many people who will which is why having an online website will hit people all over the country there are some that will and some that won't
my priorities are alittle messed up because i would however spend 200.00 on maxi
so it depends on what you think is important, as for the custom made coats
i thought it was a great price
thanks all keep your opinions coming

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Oh I don't say it's not a great price. If the quality is there it's worth it. And custom made is also to take in consideration. It's just me. A big reason that I don't want to spend that money is that Alex never wears anything here. It's way too warm. The only time I put something on him is when we travel to Arizona in December. It's cold in Las Cruces where we sleep and it's cold at the Texas Summit Canyon where we stop for pee pee. That's once a year, so it's not worth spending the money.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i myself dress maxi with different outfits like bomber jackets , sweatshirts , stuff like that i like it i do not do it in the summer but the rest of the season i do
it does depend on where you live

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
It's all about marketing and advertising to the right crowd of people if your selling products that expensive.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Sep 11 2005, 04:43 PM
I told all of you that my mom and i are in the process of opening a online retail store carrying only unique gift accesories and i am doing a page of a pet line
we have 4 designers one line we are carrying is a gorgeous belt line i have never seen such beautiful belts ( Buckles) in my life so thats one line

3rd a jewlery designer
her fall and winter collection is beautiful and she custom makes the coats to fit your furbabies

now mind you these designers sell to others but they arent all over the internet and there lines are unqiue which is what we are striving for
www.thefashionplate.com
i well tell you that the belts with the custom made buckles will run about 175.00
bags about 200.00
the jewlery it depends

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98534
[/QUOTE]
I would spend 60.00 on a coat for miss d

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Sep 12 2005, 06:05 AM
I always have to add in shipping and the fact that it might not ever arrive to the cost listed on websites, so that deters me from buying a lot of things that I might have otherwise.  I bought doggles for Little C twice already and neither pair ever arrived.  The first pair was sent first to my mother who sent it on.  The second pair was sent here directly.  Again, neither arrived and I will never order doggles again because of this.

But other than that, if the price and quality are right, there is little I would not buy for my babies.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98679
[/QUOTE]

That's very odd that you had that experience with Doggles. I ordered a pair from them off their web site and they came with velcro so I sent them back with a note that Pico is a Maltese and velcro will catch his fur and is not suitable. They sent me a full refund and a nice note.

As to handbags, I am pretty cheap when it comes to them and while my husband bought me a Dooney clutch on a strap which I absolutely LOVE I would never spend $200 on a handbag. I buy expensive luggage but not handbags. And I WOULD spend $30 to $60 on a custom coat for Pico if we lived in a cold climate. But in San Antonio, he might wear it for 15 minutes while we were traveling.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Okay, I was upset at Doggles after I typed the post above and remembered that two pairs had gone missing. I went online to review my credit card statements and find the exact date that they charged me so I could write them a letter. I searched and searched and only ever found ONE time where they charged me. That was the pair that got sent to my mother, who DID receive them, and then she sent them on to me but they never arrived. So, doggles.com is certainly not at fault for that one. And, I guess that they just never got my order on the other one. Very strange as I remember getting a confirmation e-mail (too bad I didn't keep it). Anyway, I wasn't charged for it so I certainly can't get mad that it never arrived.

As for ordering clothes, well, I live in the very country where Kodie's mom imports stuff from, so I never lack for variety here. :D In fact, the vet got in some new stuff that we'll have to check out later today when we go in for that allergy test.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Sep 11 2005, 04:43 PM

3rd a jewlery designer

www.thefashionplate.com
bags about 200.00
the jewlery it depends

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=98534
[/QUOTE]
I know I would spend that on Flurry and Sassy. Flurry & Sassy have designer everything. I love the nicer things in life they usually last longer and the company stands behind their product.
Marketing is everything. That much I know is true. You have to reach the right market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts