Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is coming home from Iraq for R&R and I'm planning a huge family get together this Sunday. Seems I always fix them same thing (smoked brisket, baked beans, potato salad.... Does anyone have a recipe for something that is totally WOW! I still think I'm leaning towards some sort of BBQ but could use some new side dish and dessert ideas. Please pm me any ideas and recipes.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats awesome that your son is coming home!!! my brother got the opportunity to come home for 2 weeks (he decided to spend it in Germany---with his fiance.....my mom is SAD!!). my mom grew up in peru...and my brother loves peruvian food. so she makes him like breaded steak or lomo saltado(which is really good). my brother also likes a pizza place that closed near here...the closest one is 45 minutes away. Shakeys (the mojo potatos are delicious). so what does your son do? how long has he been in it? my brother was a lawyer and decided to join 4 yrs ago. he was asked if he wanted to stay in Iraq for 6 months or a year...he picked a year---now he sorta regrets it. and his fiance is upset cuz if they were married (she's a jag lawyer also) they would've been at the same base. a lot of drama. oh...and another fav food---Cuban food. mom doesn't cook it, so we go to restaurants and ask for to go.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the recipes... we will have a houseful and I wanted some new things to try.
He's been in the service for about 8 years now. He will be there until March... I'm just glad to get him home for a few days, then I will be so worried when he returns. he started out in artillery and when he re-upped changed his MOS to another field. He's in the states now on business. He came in on Sunday and will then fly home this coming Saturday. I'm so excited!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts