Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Was it a big place like CVS or Rite Aid? If so then I would go to their web site and go to the customer service or satisfaction section and complain.
I would be having a fit if I were you. That manager needs to be told off. All you have to do is say what store (what town and street) and what time you were there and they will know what manager was on, so you don't even have to know their name.
When John and I were shopping at K-Mart a few months ago we saw a usb drive that was only $20 when it should have been almost $60. So even though we weren't looking to buy one we snatched up the opertunity and asked someone to open the locked case for us. It turned out to be a manager that opened it. She told us to grab what we wanted so John grabed the one that had the price sticker on it. We take it to the back counter to ring it up and it comes up for $50. We told her to check again because the price sticker said it was $19.99. So she did, and ended up having to call that same manager back to void it out. The manager refused to give it to us for that price saying that it was a mistake and everyone was entitled to a mistake. We left without buying anything that we wanted to buy (we had a full cart and we just left it and walked out). I went straight to Kmart's web site and complained. That same day that I complained (two days after the experiance) I got a call from the Kmart saying to come pick up our product. I went in and they had to call another manager back to make the price be $19.99 and we got a $50 product for $19.99! It came out to be like $24 with tax, but it was a GREAT deal. We were thrilled. My whole point was that all stores pride themselves in giving you the price on the item even if it is a mistake, so why wouldn't this manager. Anyway she got reamed out but not fired. The next time she saw us, she actually opened up a new isle just for us lol. I don't know if it was because she remembered us or if it was because the lines were mega long and we were at the end. Anyway it was a happy ending!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That sucks.. I just hate bad CS.

My rant of the day (actually it's the same rant everyday) is about my craptacular job. It's official, I have to work from 7am-3pm (no lunch, no breaks) on Christmas day and the same thing the day after. I'm so pissed because normally our stupid boss will put out a volunteer sheet and people will sign up for shifts on holidays.. well, not this year, she just put us all on the schedule without talking to us or anything. I don't normally come in that early so I am just so mad about it. What amazes me is that my boss is now saying that she's ALWAYS had people who normally work the weekday that a holiday falls on work on that holiday. What total and complete bull, she forces people she doesn't like (me) to work on holidays, volunteer or not. In 2001 Christmas was on a Tuesday, in 2003 Christmas was on a Thursday.. I don't normally work on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but guess where I was on Christmas.. at work. And where was everyone else that normally worked on Tuesdays and Thursdays? At home with their families.

Oh and get this.. this one is bad..
I got married on January 3rd of this year which fell on a Saturday, so I had to ask off for that weekend so I could get married. I did this almost 5 months in advance. My boss actually had the freakin nerve to tell me that she wasn't sure I could have it off and then didn't let me know that I had gotten the day off until the Thursday before the wedding!!! And you wouldn't believe the ugly gossip that has been spread around by her because she is bitter that I didn't invite her to the wedding. Give me a break, like I would invite the person I hate the most to the happiest day of my life.. heck no. Anyways, I could rant all day about my job, but I'll spare you guys. If anyone is still reading by this point, thanks!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Dec 17 2004, 10:54 AM

My rant of the day (actually it's the same rant everyday) is about my craptacular job.  It's official, I have to work from 7am-3pm (no lunch, no breaks) on Christmas day and the same thing the day after.  I'm so pissed because normally our stupid boss will put out a volunteer sheet and people will sign up for shifts on holidays.. well, not this year, she just put us all on the schedule without talking to us or anything.  I don't normally come in that early so I am just so mad about it.  What amazes me is that my boss is now saying that she's ALWAYS had people who normally work the weekday that a holiday falls on work on that holiday.  What total and complete bull, she forces people she doesn't like (me) to work on holidays, volunteer or not.  In 2001 Christmas was on a Tuesday, in 2003 Christmas was on a Thursday.. I don't normally work on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but guess where I was on Christmas.. at work.  And where was everyone else that normally worked on Tuesdays and Thursdays? At home with their families. 

I got married on January 3rd of this year which fell on a Saturday, so I had to ask off for that weekend so I could get married.  I did this almost 5 months in advance.  My boss actually had the freakin nerve to tell me that she wasn't sure I could have it off and then didn't let me know that I had gotten the day off until the Thursday before the wedding!!!  And you wouldn't believe the ugly gossip that has been spread around by her because she is bitter that I didn't invite her to the wedding.  Give me a break, like I would invite the person I hate the most to the happiest day of my life.. heck no.  Anyways, I could rant all day about my job, but I'll spare you guys.  If anyone is still reading by this point, thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23985
[/QUOTE]
Oh my gosh, that is awful!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79@Dec 17 2004, 11:54 AM

My rant of the day (actually it's the same rant everyday) is about my craptacular job.  It's official, I have to work from 7am-3pm (no lunch, no breaks) on Christmas day and the same thing the day after.  I'm so pissed because normally our stupid boss will put out a volunteer sheet and people will sign up for shifts on holidays.. well, not this year, she just put us all on the schedule without talking to us or anything.  I don't normally come in that early so I am just so mad about it.  What amazes me is that my boss is now saying that she's ALWAYS had people who normally work the weekday that a holiday falls on work on that holiday.  What total and complete bull, she forces people she doesn't like (me) to work on holidays, volunteer or not.  In 2001 Christmas was on a Tuesday, in 2003 Christmas was on a Thursday.. I don't normally work on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but guess where I was on Christmas.. at work.  And where was everyone else that normally worked on Tuesdays and Thursdays? At home with their families. 

I got married on January 3rd of this year which fell on a Saturday, so I had to ask off for that weekend so I could get married.  I did this almost 5 months in advance.  My boss actually had the freakin nerve to tell me that she wasn't sure I could have it off and then didn't let me know that I had gotten the day off until the Thursday before the wedding!!!  And you wouldn't believe the ugly gossip that has been spread around by her because she is bitter that I didn't invite her to the wedding.  Give me a break, like I would invite the person I hate the most to the happiest day of my life.. heck no.  Anyways, I could rant all day about my job, but I'll spare you guys.  If anyone is still reading by this point, thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23985
[/QUOTE]

Ooooohhh!!! I'd be ready to freaking kill! If it were me, and she wouldn't have let me off for my wedding, i would've quit right there!
Although we're the family that says "If they won't let you have off for summer vacation, quit!" Right after highschool i was encouraged by my family to wait until fall to get a job because there would be no interference with our Florida vacation. haha. It was ALWAYS their thing that vacation was always more important than my jobs i would have. (Which were always crappy mall jobs anyway.) haha. Thank goodness my husband and i have our own business, so we can work out vacay. (Or work ON vacay!)

I have MANY rants about a former employee, but we'll stay away from that!
Ohhh, ok. I'll do it! I'll rant, too!
He'd said MANY rude things about my family to my face, then had the nerve to tell me it was because of his "imaginative mind"! HA! He said that my one *2 year old* neice would grow up to be a brat, and her twin would grow up and be overweight and have self esteem issues! THEY WERE TWO!!! He also NEVER had a ride to work, therefore WE had to go get him and take him home EVERY DAY.
He constantly would ask off to *in his words* "cuddle with my girlfriend" Gimme a BREAK! The only thing was that he was a GOOD designer! UGH. BUT, i ended up taking his place when we fired him, and it turns out ALL THIS TIME, i'm a better designer than him! Who woulda thunk it!
AND, he was hired by one of our clients that we share an office with and if that wasn't bad enough, he makes comments like "I'm glad you guys are getting there...i mean with your design. You guys are coming along." HARUMPH! Well, let me tell you, we've had much more happier clients since i took over! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! haha. Sorry to be bratty, but he makes me maaaad!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Ooooooh do i get to add?

Alright this happened to me yesterday...i have a old car, 1984 volvo station wagon to be exact, well the head lights dont go off automatically and me being the smart person i am can never ever remember to turn them off which of course means my battery dies well yesterday i killed my battery, which in itself dosnt put me in the best mood but its my own darn fault so i need to get over it
lol...i am new in town so i know a total of like 3 people here well enough to call and ask for help (this is including my mom) well no one picks up their phones (turns out my mom saw me calling but she didnt pick up becuase she 'didnt feel like talking') so i call again and again proubly around 7 times each, while i am doing this i have gone up to just about every other student in the whole parking lot asking if they have jumper cables which of course none of them do so i went over to were parents were waiting to pick up there kids to ask if they have cables figured i might have a better chance with them well then people started getting just mean about it (did i mention it was raining?) i felt to akward to go and knock on a window so i would go up to people who were parked with their windows open and ask them... well when i would do that the cars around them who had heard me ask the question, instead of just saying no i cant help you, they would look away from me and roll up their windows i was just like umm ok
but then it turns out one of those parents actully complain to the school cops about me! :eek: so i am walking around the parking lot looking for more people to ask when to cop comes up and is like 'so what are you doing disturbing all these people?' now i posted my photo on that board about seeing what we look like and i dont think i really look like the type of person that would be going up to strangers and causing trouble so i got kinda offended about how the cop was talking to me, i ended up having to point out which car was mine in the parking lot explaining my story before he would leave me be, by now i am not wanting to talk to anyone else so i just go into the office to use a phone book so i could call stores in walking distance to see if i could go buy some jumper cables while i am in there this girl i know asks what is going on and i tell her she goes out and the like SECOND person she asks about it HAS jumper cables i was thrilled to finally get them but i mean come on that is so not fair lol
today was the last day most of my classes were taking any missing work so i had a good amouth of homework i needed to get done last night becuase i got home so late from all of that and still had work to do i got 2 and a half hours of sleep last night -_- ...which is my excuse for this story jumpign around and not beign written well

Ha that felt good to say :lol:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Dec 17 2004, 02:29 PM
Ooooooh do i get to add?

Alright this happened to me yesterday...i have a old car, 1984 volvo station wagon to be exact, well the head lights dont go off automatically and me being the smart person i am can never ever remember to turn them off which of course means my battery dies well yesterday i  killed my battery, which in itself dosnt put me in the best mood but its my own darn fault so i need to get over it 
lol...i am new in town so i know a total of like 3 people here well enough to call and ask for help (this is including my mom) well no one picks up their phones (turns out my mom saw me calling but she didnt pick up becuase she 'didnt feel like talking') so i call again and again proubly around 7 times each, while i am doing this i have gone up to just about every other student in the whole parking lot asking if they have jumper cables which of course none of them do so i went over to were parents were waiting to pick up there kids to ask if they have cables figured i might have a better chance with them well then people started getting just mean about it (did i mention it was raining?) i felt to akward to go and knock on a window so i would go up to people who were parked with their windows open and ask them... well when i would do that the cars around them who had heard me ask the question, instead of just saying no i cant help you, they would look away from me and roll up their windows i was just like umm ok 
  but then it turns out one of those parents actully complain to the school cops about me!  :eek: so i am walking around the parking lot looking for more people to ask when to cop comes up and is like 'so what are you doing disturbing all these people?' now i posted my photo on that board about seeing what we look like and i dont think i really look like the type of person that would be going up to strangers and causing trouble so i got kinda offended about how the cop was talking to me, i ended up having to point out which car was mine in the parking lot explaining my story before he would leave me be, by now i am not wanting to talk to anyone else so i just go into the office to use a phone book so i could call stores in walking distance to see if i could go buy some jumper cables while i am in there this girl i know asks what is going on and i tell her she goes out and the like SECOND person she asks  about it HAS jumper cables i was thrilled to finally get them but i mean come on that is so not fair lol 
  today was the last day most of my classes were taking any missing work so i had a good amouth of homework i needed to get done last night becuase i got home so late from all of that and still had work to do i got 2 and a half hours of sleep last night  -_- ...which is my excuse for this story jumpign around and not beign written well

Ha that felt good to say  :lol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24016
[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh...people can be so rude.
Let's think of my 'beef' for the day. This has actually been going on since I started Weight Watchers...
There is a girl in my office who has to be the best at everything she does. She is one of those people who rub your nose in something, and will tell you how easy it is for her to do it when she knows it is hard for you...

Well she lost about 45 lbs last year, and has kept it off. I by no means think I'm fat. I joined weight watchers because I was having a really hard time getting myself in control with the changing of my hormones after my surgery this summer (I'm 23 and had to have an ovary removed, so it really messed up my whole body) I've been on three different birth control pills since June...it's just been a mess. Okay, I'll admit it... I've been a little "moody"

ANYWAY...let me get to the point...
Ever since I joined WW she calls me in the morning and says "I'm driving by McDonalds, do you want me to stop and get you a breakfast burrito"
I never would have asked her to do that before my diet...why is she calling now?
Anyway, she is just so in-your-face about the whole thing, she will eat a ton at lunch and I have been eatting super-healthy so I'll let myself splurge and have 1/2 a cookie, and then she looks at me with those "do you really need that?" look. She really just pisses me off.

It's hard becuase when we are on a common subject that no one can be "better" at (like she's a lesbian, so she can't be better then me at that, because I like boys!
we have a great time hmm.

Maybe I just have to be more accepting. I guess I really just needed to get this out... thanks for letting me vent...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Obviously a lack of communication there!
When you work in retail, you should know whats going on in your store and/or dept. and all be on the same page!! How sad that they don't know jcak how to do there job properly and look at all the different info they give customers!! Stupid!!
With the price thing, even if it was a mistake, they should honor it!!

Good page you started Nichole!!
I'm sure my turn to rant will be soon!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have to vent about one more thing...

I live/work north of Detroit, and so much of our business revolves on the big 3 (GM, Ford, DCC)... well they all shut down, and no one works, so all of the higher ups here are also gone... right now there are only 10 people here. Can you imagine what is going to be like for the next two weeks. Everyone keeps coming over to my desk to say bye... see you next year.

Yet, I wasn't approved to take time off. WHAT the &#% am I going to do if something really needs to be worked on... what a darn joke.
I've been peeking at people schedules, there are only like 6 of us who are not scheduled for vaca time in the next two weeks...

Did I mention I am in an entry level position?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thats wrong!! I can't stand higher ups that act they are above everyone else you know? To me they just look like a bunch of dumbasses! At least where I work, me & my manager try to treat everyone fairly! Especially w/ scheduling!
Even if the position is entry level or other, every person is important to make it sucessful! So you should treat everyone fairly! Let them be unfair and see what happens to them when people start leaving and they get high turnover and hire not so great people just to fill the jobs! If they can't find anyone then what?!

oops, I guess I got carried away...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Dec 17 2004, 02:52 PM
I have to vent about one more thing... 

I live/work north of Detroit, and so much of our business revolves on the big 3 (GM, Ford, DCC)... well they all shut down, and no one works, so all of the higher ups here are also gone... right now there are only 10 people here. Can you imagine what is going to be like for the next two weeks. Everyone keeps coming over to my desk to say bye... see you next year.

Yet, I wasn't approved to take time off. WHAT the &#% am I going to do if something really needs to be worked on... what a darn joke. 
I've been peeking at people schedules, there are only like 6 of us who are not scheduled for vaca time in the next two weeks...

Did I mention I am in an entry level position?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24041
[/QUOTE]

This happened in my first job out of college. They screwed me out of vacation--and changed the policy the next year--so I was stuck there during the christmas holidays and the friday after thanksgiving. I totally did christmas cards and online shopping and all that jazz b/c I was the only one there. Also, the company eventually went under so the last 6 months I was there I did NOTHING (I had nothing to do)! Good thing I was looking for grad school programs so I got paid to apply and get my stuff in order.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Here is my vent:

SEVENTH GRADERS! Whew! I needed that!!!

We finished semester exams today. I gave them THE TEST as their study guide (of course I didn't tell them that though!) I just told them..."study this packet and you will pass the test". It was 60 questions-multiple choice...10 questions off of each chapter we have covered so far this year. So the first class takes theirs on Wednesday. I pass out the tests and one student raises his hand and says, :eek: "This is just like our study packet."

I smiled
and said, "I told you to study the packet and you would pass."
So, the grades turned out about normal for the first two classes that took theirs the first day. (normal as in...as if I had not given a study guide at all...)Well, yesterday was the second day of testing...a few had heard that the test was the same-but grades did not show they had studied.
Today I only had one class left to take it. You would THINK that the word would have been OUT that the test was EXACTLY like the study guide.
Right? Get this...I had more F's in the last class than I did in any of the others! :eek: Ridiculous!!!!

Anyway...there is much more to the story than that! We have SO many that are failing 7th grade in 2 or more classes already that it is ridiculous! They are SO lazy and take nothing seriously. I just don't understand them. They just have strings of zeros...they don't do their homework...they don't study...they plain don't CARE! -_- I can only do SO much! I cannot make my grading system any easier!! I GIVE them points and opportunities to pad their grades ALL THE TIME! I try not to take it personally...and at least it is just not my class they are doing it in...but it still makes me SO mad!!!

I guess it is frustrating because I bust my tail to do my job and do it well...and in the end...when state test scores come back...it is MY butt that is on the line-MY name next to their scores in all the local papers...NOT THEIRS!!! When they are not "performing" up to expectations-Iam the one that takes the heat for it! It is just NOT fair!

My vent!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 17 2004, 05:31 PM
Here is my vent:

SEVENTH GRADERS! Whew! I needed that!!!

We finished semester exams today. I gave them THE TEST as their study guide (of course I didn't tell them that though!) I just told them..."study this packet and you will pass the test". It was 60 questions-multiple choice...10 questions off of each chapter we  have covered so far this year.  So the first class takes theirs on Wednesday. I pass out the tests and one student raises his hand and says,  :eek: "This is just like our study packet." 

I smiled
  and said, "I told you to study the packet and you would pass."
So, the grades turned out about normal for the first two classes that took theirs the first day. (normal as in...as if I had not given a study guide at all...)Well, yesterday was the second day of testing...a few had heard that the test was the same-but grades did not show they had studied.
  Today I only had one class left to take it. You would THINK that the word would have been OUT that the test was EXACTLY like the study guide.
Right? Get this...I had more F's in the last class than I did in any of the others!  :eek: Ridiculous!!!!

Anyway...there is much more to the story than that! We have SO many that are failing 7th grade in 2 or more classes already that it is ridiculous! They are SO lazy and take nothing seriously. I just don't understand them. They just have strings of zeros...they don't do their homework...they don't study...they plain don't CARE! -_- I can only do SO much!  I cannot make my grading system any easier!! I GIVE them points and opportunities to pad their grades ALL THE TIME!  I try not to take it personally...and at least it is just not my class they are doing it in...but it still makes me SO mad!!!

I guess it is frustrating because I bust my tail to do my job and do it well...and in the end...when state test scores come back...it is MY butt that is on the line-MY name next to their scores in all the local papers...NOT THEIRS!!! When they are not "performing" up to expectations-Iam the one that takes the heat for it!  It is just NOT fair!

My vent!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24053
[/QUOTE]

I really want a teacher like you
i really do sympathis with you i can kinbda relate from the other side of the fence...i have a teacher who keeps losing my homework i turn in
anyways sorry about your classes bad work making you look bad i can see how that must be frustrating but just so long as you can say hey look there are people in this class getting good grades the f's are just lazy you should be good

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a vent! I am so mad right now...
I hate the people that go door to door trying to sell something. I don't know if it is becuase I live in an apartment or what but they seem to find me! This guy just came to my door and tried to get me to buy magazines (I guess) but he keep saying that I was not friendly and was looking at him weird -- this was 5 minutes into his spill and he still never got to the point. Fianlly he said, "you don't care" and walked off!
I am so the nicest person and I listened to more than I should have of his stuff but he never got to the point! ARGH!
At least I didn't have to give him money to go away! I am not answering the door anymore!
Nicolle

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Nicolle916@Dec 18 2004, 01:35 PM
IAt least I didn't have to give him money to go away!  I am not answering the door anymore!
Nicolle

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24145
[/QUOTE]

Be careful when answering the door to strangers... you never know.... there are stories in our newspaper about "strangers" who will push their way in to the house once the door is open and rob the victim or worse. I never open my door to strangers...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Dec 18 2004, 12:49 PM
Be careful when answering the door to strangers... you never know.... there are stories in our newspaper about "strangers" who will push their way in to the house once the door is open and rob the victim or worse. I never open my door to strangers...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24151
[/QUOTE]

You are right! Thank you for reminding me. I normally don't answer the door but I am expecting a UPS package so I thought it was the UPS man. I need to use the peep hole next time.

I'm calming down now because I called my apt office and reported them! Maybe they will follow the no soliciting signs next time!

Nicolle

·
Registered
365 Posts
Okay, please forgive me for going off about this... But I need to vent!!
For the 2nd time, I have contacted Rhapsody maltese about a puppy I was interested in. I inquired about this letter as well as another one previously that I was interested in so I was so excited when I saw that the male was available. I emailed her and called her to ask more and asked if she could email me a picture; this was on friday. She said sure but she will have to wait until monday for her assistant to help her take the picture. At those times, she did not tell me that she had other calls for the puppy. I emailed her again to thank her for taking the time to send me pictures and said since i'm not located in the same state, I wanted to see what he looked like. I also told her that I would give her an answer right away that day to say if I would take him or not. She emailed back saying that she will send picture and told me the deposit was $1000. Don't you think you might want to see the to before sending a deposit for that much? I'm sorry I can't do the sight unseen thing like other people! So on monday I went to work and was so excited to come home to check the email. Well guess what? No email!! I looked on her site and hes not listed anymore! Today, it says I have no puppies at this time. I understand shes busy, because she shows dogs and must have other things but hey, I juggle a million things at work while other things are happening at the same time, been working 9 + hours a day and anytime it deals with a customer, I always remember to get back to them or find the time; it may not be as important as handling jobs but I make sure I take care of people! I contacted her several times before too! I thought breeders don't really like to sell around this time of year (Christmas) and I thought they were picky who they sell too. So I guess its whoever is willing to give their money first sight unseen no questions asked! Sorry for ranting, I know its probably my mistake and i don't understand how tough it is being a handler etc... -_- *just spoke w/ her, she said because someone sent her a deposit first.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts