Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ooooooh do i get to add?

Alright this happened to me yesterday...i have a old car, 1984 volvo station wagon to be exact, well the head lights dont go off automatically and me being the smart person i am can never ever remember to turn them off which of course means my battery dies well yesterday i killed my battery, which in itself dosnt put me in the best mood but its my own darn fault so i need to get over it
lol...i am new in town so i know a total of like 3 people here well enough to call and ask for help (this is including my mom) well no one picks up their phones (turns out my mom saw me calling but she didnt pick up becuase she 'didnt feel like talking') so i call again and again proubly around 7 times each, while i am doing this i have gone up to just about every other student in the whole parking lot asking if they have jumper cables which of course none of them do so i went over to were parents were waiting to pick up there kids to ask if they have cables figured i might have a better chance with them well then people started getting just mean about it (did i mention it was raining?) i felt to akward to go and knock on a window so i would go up to people who were parked with their windows open and ask them... well when i would do that the cars around them who had heard me ask the question, instead of just saying no i cant help you, they would look away from me and roll up their windows i was just like umm ok
but then it turns out one of those parents actully complain to the school cops about me! :eek: so i am walking around the parking lot looking for more people to ask when to cop comes up and is like 'so what are you doing disturbing all these people?' now i posted my photo on that board about seeing what we look like and i dont think i really look like the type of person that would be going up to strangers and causing trouble so i got kinda offended about how the cop was talking to me, i ended up having to point out which car was mine in the parking lot explaining my story before he would leave me be, by now i am not wanting to talk to anyone else so i just go into the office to use a phone book so i could call stores in walking distance to see if i could go buy some jumper cables while i am in there this girl i know asks what is going on and i tell her she goes out and the like SECOND person she asks about it HAS jumper cables i was thrilled to finally get them but i mean come on that is so not fair lol
today was the last day most of my classes were taking any missing work so i had a good amouth of homework i needed to get done last night becuase i got home so late from all of that and still had work to do i got 2 and a half hours of sleep last night -_- ...which is my excuse for this story jumpign around and not beign written well

Ha that felt good to say :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 17 2004, 05:31 PM
Here is my vent:

SEVENTH GRADERS! Whew! I needed that!!!

We finished semester exams today. I gave them THE TEST as their study guide (of course I didn't tell them that though!) I just told them..."study this packet and you will pass the test". It was 60 questions-multiple choice...10 questions off of each chapter we  have covered so far this year.  So the first class takes theirs on Wednesday. I pass out the tests and one student raises his hand and says,  :eek: "This is just like our study packet." 

I smiled
  and said, "I told you to study the packet and you would pass."
So, the grades turned out about normal for the first two classes that took theirs the first day. (normal as in...as if I had not given a study guide at all...)Well, yesterday was the second day of testing...a few had heard that the test was the same-but grades did not show they had studied.
  Today I only had one class left to take it. You would THINK that the word would have been OUT that the test was EXACTLY like the study guide.
Right? Get this...I had more F's in the last class than I did in any of the others!  :eek: Ridiculous!!!!

Anyway...there is much more to the story than that! We have SO many that are failing 7th grade in 2 or more classes already that it is ridiculous! They are SO lazy and take nothing seriously. I just don't understand them. They just have strings of zeros...they don't do their homework...they don't study...they plain don't CARE! -_- I can only do SO much!  I cannot make my grading system any easier!! I GIVE them points and opportunities to pad their grades ALL THE TIME!  I try not to take it personally...and at least it is just not my class they are doing it in...but it still makes me SO mad!!!

I guess it is frustrating because I bust my tail to do my job and do it well...and in the end...when state test scores come back...it is MY butt that is on the line-MY name next to their scores in all the local papers...NOT THEIRS!!! When they are not "performing" up to expectations-Iam the one that takes the heat for it!  It is just NOT fair!

My vent!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=24053
[/QUOTE]

I really want a teacher like you
i really do sympathis with you i can kinbda relate from the other side of the fence...i have a teacher who keeps losing my homework i turn in
anyways sorry about your classes bad work making you look bad i can see how that must be frustrating but just so long as you can say hey look there are people in this class getting good grades the f's are just lazy you should be good

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ok i dont know if i am allowed to post here twice lol and this isnt even that bad i just gotta metion it....my car exploded today, ok its really not as bad as it sounds some little pipe the puts water in to engine split in 2 but when you are sitting in teh car yo head a really loud BANG! and then stuff that you dont know if its steam or smoke (ended up being steam but i didnt know that) is coming all out from under the hood you freak out
my friend was in the car with me and i was just like screaming get out of the car i dont know whats wrong with it just get out it might be on fire lol i really just gotta laugh about it now and if you read my other post you know this is the second time this car has left me stuck places in 2 weeks oh well though its all fixed now i just had to mention this i was gonna make a new topic about it but though why bother i can post it here lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.